• Tweets

• I bought a car from an auction in Jan 2019 and the car engine fault like indicated there was a problem with the ABS. It went to an Audi Dealership for a diagnostic scan to identifying exactly the problems with this car.   One of them was a faulty ABS system which had the component, namely the ABS hydraulic pump identified as being faulty. Since then, this has been independently addressed by a non-Audi dealership but now a new fault code  was recorded that hadn’t been formerly discussed.   The code 01130 ‘Operation: Implausible signal’ declared itself and is related to the 45F2 ABS AUDI UK recall over a year ago. If put this to the dealership who did the diagnostic scan that previous campaigns that have now closed are looked at they will find that this is in fact an Audi recall fault and as such needs to be addressed courtesy of AUDI. In fact, the same recall fault was listed as an item of charge. When I asked why the ECU had to be changed as well and told it was ‘because the ‘ECU is one and the same unit as the hydraulic pump and the two are replaced because of the way it is constructed’.   The matter has been raised with AUDI UK who tell me that having originally fixed the fault at the time of the initial recall on this car, the campaign open for 6 months was now closed and they wouldn’t be honouring the recall.   As AUDI pointed out when this fault was first identified, this was a serious safety issue and as such I informed the Trading Standards. They were satisfied that the safety issue had been addressed but had no redress as the campaign was now closed. I was informed the 6 months was not set impartially but at the company’s discretion. They believed the Motor Ombudsman would resolve the issue. This advice and the state of deadlock lead  me onto reporting it to the Motor Ombudsman but they flatly said they didn’t deal with recalls and ask Citizens Advice.    I feel that a safety recall on a fault is an issue indefinitely if it exists as the fault lies in the design and construction which is implied as the manufacturer foots the bill. How is it that after 6 months they are absolved of accountability? Is this negligence on behalf of Audi? I am not sure why the Trading Standards don’t see this as an issue apart from it being a ‘legal matter’.    What advice would you give me on going forward? 
    • Hi TP,   The good news is - You don't have to prove anything !   You've already explained your position to Harlands and need do or say any more.   Just ignore them.
    • Unfortunately I had a nervous breakdown and signed off work. Placed on heavy medication and had to deal with a repossession order and other debts therefore this wasn’t a priority at the time and there’s only so much you can expect others to do on your behalf.    I am not quite sure how to proceed other than point out the points we’ve discussed with the creditor and if they refuse to cooperate instruct a solicitor though I gave to keep that cost to the minimum.    I appreciate your assistance. 
    • Hi    Another point i have noticed on Page 2 of the JK1 exhibit, the marketing box is 'unticked'.  As a rule of thumb if i apply or do anything online i always tick the box for no junk mail! This form is definitely fabricated by them and is not the original.    
  • Our picks

Stamptred12

Caught shoplifting in Sainsbury's

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 544 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I need some advice.

Got caught in Sainsburys today.

Feel very ashamed!

No excuse for it I know!!

What will happen as I’m scared

Details were taken, no police involved.

Told I’ll receive a letter?

everything you need to know is already said in that other thread..

bottom line

forget all about it and ignore everything.

inc the letters

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

Hi.

I've started a new thread for you, please continue to post on this one.

Sending letters is about all DWF can do. As dx says, you need to read other threads about DWF to see how they operate.

The main thing is to learn from this and not o it again. Do you have issues that could have made you shoplift?

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Never ever done it before the manager asked why I said I didn’t know.

I’ve had a bad time recently.

Was stalked and harassed by a man.

I really don’t know I’ve learnt from it anyway.

Any letters I get I’ll just pay as I deserve to pay !

Well, that's up to you if it makes you feel better, I suppose, but we don't normally recommend paying.

Is it worth having a chat with your GP to see if your previous problems are something to do with this?

HB

I can never go in Sainsburys again and I totally understand that just worried they’ll name and shame me around the area

Yes I have booked an appointment. Will u help me with what to do with these letters when they arrive?

I can never go in Sainsburys again and I totally understand that just worried they’ll name and shame me around the area

They can't do that.

HB

Yes I have booked an appointment. Will u help me with what to do with these letters when they arrive?

Good. :) I hope it helps.

Yes, when you get letters, comeback here and we'll talk you through what's going on, which is likely to be empty threats. They're often written to sound scary, so by all means come back and we'll reassure you.

HB

go see your doc

ignore the letters totally

nothing they can do

and paying wont solve it either.

dx

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

spreadsheets 

nope ignoring them causes no problems at all there is NOTHING they can do.

dx

spreadsheets 

Hi and welcome from me. Sorry I didn't reply to your PM yesterday.

DWF are the same as RLP as they send out these letters with no grounds to do so. They could say they want £150 but equally, I could send you a letter for the same amount. Would you pay me? It is the same with DWF.

The only difference between DWF and RLP are that DWF are a firm of solicitors but they have a little more common sense than RLP. You will get 3-4 letters from them and from what I have seen on CAG, they stop. You may get a debt collection firm chasing but they have as much power as I do-none!

Therefore, the obvious option is to ignore these missives as it will go nowhere near a court. Read other threads and don't forget to read the stickies too; some valuable info there.

Again, obviously find out why you did what you did and your GP has probably seen this a few times but from my own experience (as a youth) I felt the need the add a little excitement into my boring life. The thrill of stealing and getting away with it helps- but not for long. The downer comes later as I felt guilty for stealing things I didn't even need!! My GP helped me understand my feelings and a very short course of counselling helped. I have not stolen anything in over 30 years (well, apart from the odd kiss!) :-)

So, after my essay, get help, don't do it again and ignore DWF.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Awwww thank u for replying can I upload any letters I get for you to read over? Yes my life is very isolated atm and have little confidence but no excuse to steal 😞

we'll have already seen them but yes to PDF please

read upload

spreadsheets 

There’s a lot of threads on here and I see the general message is to ignore. Just a bit weary of this but when I get the letter I’ll upload

spreadsheets 

Awwww thank u for replying can I upload any letters I get for you to read over? Yes my life is very isolated atm and have little confidence but no excuse to steal

When and if I receive the letters (no doubt I will) if I pay the fine would that be the end of it?

I have a ban but would the letters and potential for anymore action be stopped??

No court action??

So worried

there is no FINE

no it wont stop but its only 3-4 letters to bin

there never can be any court action

forget it

move on with your life

spreadsheets 

In the stickies is this thread

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?356933-Oxford-Retail-Loss-Prevention-A-Retailer-**-reveiwed-September-2015-**&p=3898857&viewfull=1#post3898857

This case is the reason no civil recovery company bothers with court action or encourages the retailer to do so either as they know that a well defended case would cost them lots for no return

This is not a fine as only criminal courts can deal them out. This is purely a civil matter. Understand the difference. No fine, just an invoice which you can choose to ignore as there is no other route for these barrel scrapers to follow.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Thank u silver fox!

As soon as I get a letter I’ll upload and take it from there?

Is it worth speaking to citizen advice. I feel I need to speak to someone about it