BankFodder BankFodder

Swampy1976

Do I stand a chance? Charged a training fee

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 701 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi, i used to work for a company and when I left i was deducted £750 for "training", this was stated in the contract.

I tried to fight it at that time, as I was not given any specific training other than by other members of staff.

I should of taken it further at that point but due to health issues I was not in the right place to fight it.

Today I was sent a link by someone pointing out that the same company has now lost a tribunal for exactly the same reasons and the company was forced to repay the with held money.

the data with in the tribunal is widely available on the internet, the company love throwing law suites around but on the day of the tribunal the director that was due to attend was "ill"

any advice please.

I'd imagine you're out of time. How long ago was this?

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

then read the findings very carefully and see if it is purely an employment issue or whether it was a general breach of a contract or unfair condition and thus unenforceable. If a standard breach of contract you have up to 6 years from the event to make a claim.