BankFodder BankFodder

kate999

partner has a CCJ - Never Notified!

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3523 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

My partner has recently checked his credit report and found he has a CCJ on there. We had no idea about this and we have arrangements with all his creditors. Don't you have to be notified about a CCJ - we think we know who it is with, but there is no information on there at all apart from the court name, date and amount. The only good new is that it was 5 years ago and comes off his report in a year. Can someone please advise on this one!

Thanks in advance!

K

PPI REFUNDS

HALIFAX - Loan PPI full refunded + 8%

HALIFAX - Credit Card PPI full refund + 8%

EGG - WON!

MARBLES/HFC - N1 Submitted

MORGAN & STANLEY - [/WON!]

CREDIT CARD CHARGES REFUNDS

HALIFAX - Credit Card Charges full refund + 8%

EGG -WON!

BARCLAYCARD - WON!

BARCLAYCARD 2 -WON!

MORGAN & STANLEY - Full refund + CI

CAG has been amazing and a real God send! Thank you so much to all the people who help to make this the place it is and dedicate their time to help people like me! Please donate to help keep this site alive! It's Priceless!!!!!

Did you move house 5 years ago? if so, there's a possibility that the court claim was sent to your old address which is why you didn't know about it.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

For the moment I suggest you do nothing, as you say it will drop off your file next year. Although a CCJ never becomes Statute Barred if it hasn't been enforced for six years the creditor would have to apply to a court for permission to enforce after that time & that is rarely if ever given.

Because you have checked your credit file and if your present address is different to where the CCJ was issued it is possible that your a/c has been 'flagged' and you may shortly hear from a DCA trying to enforce it. Don't worry tho' because you can apply to have the CCJ set-aside National Debtline England & Wales | Debt Advice | Factsheet 12 How To Set Aside A Judgment In The County Court

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

For the moment I suggest you do nothing, as you say it will drop off your file next year. Although a CCJ never becomes Statute Barred if it hasn't been enforced for six years the creditor would have to apply to a court for permission to enforce after that time & that is rarely if ever given.

Because you have checked your credit file and if your present address is different to where the CCJ was issued it is possible that your a/c has been 'flagged' and you may shortly hear from a DCA trying to enforce it. Don't worry tho' because you can apply to have the CCJ set-aside National Debtline England & Wales | Debt Advice | Factsheet 12 How To Set Aside A Judgment In The County Court

Do you mean that if you check your credit file have moved house and give your current address, that address may be revealed to a third party who will use the info to chase you for any debt! Sounds dodgy!

Normally when you check your credit file you are asked for you addresses over the past five years then they are linked.

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

It's surprising how many people are contacted by DCA's after requesting their credt file :evil: - wonder why that is :rolleyes:

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Thanks for the advice - all creditors have our addresses. He was living at the address at the time and was never notified of this. He has moved since then and he has advised the company we believe is concerned. Basically he was never advised of this CCJ. Is that allowed? We have communication with all his old debtors! So why have we never been advised?

PPI REFUNDS

HALIFAX - Loan PPI full refunded + 8%

HALIFAX - Credit Card PPI full refund + 8%

EGG - WON!

MORGAN & STANLEY - [/WON!]

CREDIT CARD CHARGES REFUNDS

HALIFAX - Credit Card Charges full refund + 8%

EGG -WON!

BARCLAYCARD - WON!

BARCLAYCARD 2 -WON!

MORGAN & STANLEY - Full refund + CI

CAG has been amazing and a real God send! Thank you so much to all the people who help to make this the place it is and dedicate their time to help people like me! Please donate to help keep this site alive! It's Priceless!!!!!

Going to start a seperate thread about CRA and addresses......