• Tweets

• Actually there wasn't a massive amount of work to do on the WS.  The "meat" was there because of the great work you'd already done. Here is a version which I think is nigh-on finished. However, with Easter there are a few days for the other regulars to suggest tweaks. Defendant WS.pdf
    • Hi all, We bought a part to fix our washing machine approx 13 months ago direct from the manufacturer of the washing machine via phone. This part then failed 13 months later, as confirmed by their own engineer, who was sent by the manufacturer (who is also the retailer for the part) FoC. The engineer actually installed a replacement part, the machine came back to life, but they then removed the part used for testing (and ours reinstalled) as "we would be charged for it". The retailer are refusing to replace the part, stating that they only warranty parts for 90 days. When I stated that I believed the Consumer Rights Act gives me longer than that, they insinuated that it did not, and this was repeated by many representatives. AIUI for goods bought more than 6 months ago, I need to get an engineers report to confirm the part has failed? Or that it has failed due to manufacturing issues? Or would the companies own engineers report suffice? Also, does anyone have any other decent contact details for Hotpoint (or the Whirlpool group)? Thanks, GH
    • Thank you for that "read me", It's a lot to digest, lots of legal procedure. There was one thing that I was going to mention to you,  but in one of the conversations in that thread it was mentioned that there may be spies on the Forum,  this is something that I've read quite some time ago in a previous thread. What I had in mind was to wait for the thirty days after their reply to my CCA request and then send the unenforceable letter. I was hoping that an absence of signature could be the Silver Bullet but it seems that there are lot of layers to peel on this Onion.  
    • love the extra £1000 charge for confidentialy there BF   Also OP even if they don't offer OOC it doesn't mean your claim isn't good. I had 3 against EVRi that were heard over the last 3 weeks. They sent me emails asking me to discontinue as I wouldn't win. Went infront of a judge and won all 3.    Just remember the law is on your side. The judges will be aware of this.   Where you can its important to try to point out at the hearing the specific part of the contract they breached. I found this was very helpful and the Judge made reference to it when they gave their judgements and it seemed this was pretty important as once you have identified a specific breach the matter turns straight to liability. From there its a case of pointing out the unlawfullness of their insurance and then that should be it.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Welcome finance secured loan now with Prime,

Scr4bbeR
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2201 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I'm a newbie to the site and I hope i'm in the correct forum.

I would be very grateful for any advice or guidance from those of you with experience of similar issues.

We took a loan with Welcome Finance in 2007 secured against our home for £17,000.

Over the years they have changed companies and are now known as Prime Credit.

We have taken steps to sell our home and have accepted an offer.

It is only now that we are in a position where we are looking for a new mortgage that we have realised the secured loan will create difficulties.

We have paid £234 per month for almost 10 years totalling around £28K.

When we finish the loan with Prime Credit in another 5 years we will have paid in excess of £40k

Can anyone offer some advice on the best way to approach this with the Loan Company please.

We have just realised that if we have to settle the loan first we will not have the deposit needed to move house.

We have been improving our credit scores over the past few years and are bordering on achieving Good.

Would it be advisable to apply for an unsecured loan to pay this off or would this also affect our mortgage application.

We are so confused about the best way to deal with this :???:

Many thanks in advance for any help you may be able to give.

Thread moved to Welcome Finance Forum....please continue to post here to your thread.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Thank you Andy, as you can probably tell I'm very new to forums.

Do you mean that I post to the thread from here or from the Welcome Finance Forum.

Apologies for my extremely limited understanding of this.

Kind Regards

So theyve sold the debt on.

The new owners have continually applies more and more interest and charges.

I think its time you read your contract that you originally agreed to and what interest you had to pay, as well as SAR welcome and get accurate statements.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Thread moved to Welcome Finance Forum....please continue to post here to your thread.

Regards

Andy

Your already here in the correct form...continue to post here.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Thank you for your response.

I have spoken with Prime Credit this morning and they advised me that the current outstanding amount is £9868.88.

To settle now would incur a 30 day interest charge amounting to £116.

I gave him the repayment figures to date and the figure for the next 5 years worth of payments.

I explained that we have repaid highly excessive amounts for an original 17K loan.

They have advised me that they will send the Redemption Statement to me and request that someone contacts me to discuss the figures.

I informed them that I would be sending a SAR and asked them to confirm that this should be sent to Welcome as the original creditors

After seeking clarification from his supervisor the call handler came back and advised me that the SAR is to be sent directly to Prime Credit as Welcome provided Prime Credit with all of the records dating back to the start of the account.

What are your thoughts :???:

Kind Regards

Dx should be online soon he loves welcome finance and unraveling them

If I was you going on my history with them. You need to find out some facts from LR too.

I’d go on here and pay £3 for your deeds make sure you save them

https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/land-registry

Then when you get that use this form to get the official copies it will cost you £7 but you’ll get more info

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/official-copies-of-documents-registration-oc2

Good luck.

PS watch prime credit as they are added interest on when in my case it should have been at 0% from the sale to them from welcome.

SAR welcome asap

Prime don’t like replying to letters or A SAR

Don’t speak to prime on phone either you need everything on paper as evidence. In case you need it for a later date.

you need to stay off the phone. Keep everything in writing and demand that they provide a complete breakdown of the alleged amoun t owed and how they came to it.

Also, i hope you have reclaimed any PPI and unlawful charges from welcome and the new owner.

Dx should be online soon he loves welcome finance and unraveling them

If I was you going on my history with them. You need to find out some facts from LR too.

I’d go on here and pay £3 for your deeds make sure you save them

https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/land-registry

Then when you get that use this form to get the official copies it will cost you £7 but you’ll get more info

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/official-copies-of-documents-registration-oc2

Good luck.

PS watch prime credit as they are added interest on when in my case it should have been at 0% from the sale to them from welcome.

SAR welcome asap

Prime don’t like replying to letters or A SAR

Don’t speak to prime on phone either you need everything on paper as evidence. In case you need it for a later date.

if they dont like replying to a sar, then take them to court and force them.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Best it comes from Welcome first. And then go to prime if needs be later.

I’ve already been to court 3 times with prime and they are still not following court orders or producing anything I’ve requested.

I’m only speaking from my experience.

Sar Welcome and see if there’s any reclaim to be done through them or FSCS first

oh this could be fun...

if you are lucky the PPI might well wipe this debt out for you..

thread title update to inc prime

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

cruzhughes many thanks for this. I'll get on to this now and gather the documents.

Kind Regard

you need to stay off the phone. Keep everything in writing and demand that they provide a complete breakdown of the alleged amoun t owed and how they came to it.

Also, i hope you have reclaimed any PPI and unlawful charges from welcome and the new owner.

I haven't claimed any PPI as yet.

To be honest i've been extremely stupid and naive.

The loan has been ignored for the last 10 years and i've only taken any notice of it now that we are selling the house.

I'll take all of your advice on board and start with the SAR to Welcome.

Will this give me an indication of any PPI and other charges/fees associated with the loan?

I've been through a mountain of paperwork trying to find the original documents from Welcome and I can't find them.

Very frustrating.

Your advice is hugely appreciated.

Best it comes from Welcome first. And then go to prime if needs be later.

I’ve already been to court 3 times with prime and they are still not following court orders or producing anything I’ve requested.

I’m only speaking from my experience.

Sar Welcome and see if there’s any reclaim to be done through them or FSCS first

Sounds like you're having a terrible time with Prime.

Any pitfalls you can share are most welcome. Many thanks :-)

you most prob wont get any penalty charges back

but you should get the PPI and life etc

was this your only welcome loan?

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Dx back to that list I had from the land registry for you!!

You could always read my thread be warned it’s very long as the situation only came to light in 2015/16 https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?467097-Welcome-secured-loans-charge-sold-to-Alpha-Prime-repo-received-bal-all-penalties-PPI-MIF-LIFE-PPI-or-IR-help.

My advice would be listen to dx and supply him with everything as you go along.

Most of what you looking for should be in that SAR

Hi, yes, this was the only dealings we had with Welcome.

Dx back to that list I had from the land registry for you!!

You could always read my thread be warned it’s very long as the situation only came to light

My advice would be listen to dx and supply him with everything as you go along.

Most of what you looking for should be in that SAR

That's Great, thanks, i'll make a start on your thread.

and they

And fire a CCA Request off to prime.

Don’t hold out much hope of getting one.

I’m still waiting for mine almost a year and 3 court cases later :lol:

I'm probably asking a silly question but is it Section 77 of the CCA that I'm referring to?

Just sent you a private message scr4bber to see if you are on the list of names I have. Date loan started I’m after.

I have 8 that started in 2007 on the list

I've responded to your PM but i'm not certain they're sending. Let me know if you recieve it :oops:

Date on a Welcome Statement says - Date of First Movement 14 - Nov - 07

The date on the LR Deed says -

(19.11.2007) Charge dated 13 November 2007 in favour of Welcome Financial Services Limited.

The Charge has been varied by a Deed of Variation dated 17 September 2016 made between (1) Welcome Financial Services Limited and (2) Alpha Credit Solutions

(28.11.2016) The Deed of Variation dated 17 September 2016 made between (1) Welcome Financial Services Limited and (2) Alpha Credit Solutions varies the charge dated 13 November 2007 in favour of Welcome Financial Services Limited referred to above.

hey we've found one of the people on your list then cruz?

srab you cant PM below 30 posts

send your reply to me by PM and i'll fwd it.

and they