Amazon seller threatening

confused6
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2223 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I returned an item back to an Amazon seller by mistake.

I had bought that same one 3 years ago from them apparently and they spotted it was an old model.

I have asked for them to send this back

they’re saying this can’t have been a mistake and I’m worried what they’ll do next.

It was a genuine mistake.

not a lot they can do.

you made a mistook

end of.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Dear dx,

thanks for the reply, I am still worried they might report me or take it further rather than return back the item returned by mistake. How would I go about defending myself in such a case? I already admitted it was a mistake.

report you to whom?

there is nothing they can do.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

why would the police be involved in a civil matter

they wont...

you sent back the wrong item

you made a mistook

as simple as that

there is really nothing they can do to you at all.

an innocent mistake has led them to believe your were trying to defraud them.

that's not the case

end of.

and they

wont go nowhere.

dx

and they

Have you considered the possibility that all they can do is return your property to you and either ask you to send the newer one that you intended to or just not refund you?

If you already have the refund then let them sort it out with Amazon because again there is nothing that has been done that is in your control. If they have lost money because Amazons robots have made a decision then that is the price they pay for getting into bed with a monster.

BTW, what was the reason for the return?

wont make any difference to advice but if you need another one of whatever it was then that could supply you both with an easier way of settling this, ie you buy a new one and they send back your old one and you the send back the spare one not retuned and all is even when they refund for that.

Long and convoluted but I refer to the above, if they want to sell through Amazon that is the price they pay.

I have not been refunded so no money lost from their part. I’ve asked for item back which hasn’t been confirmed. They’re likely not to refund if right item was sent back and I’d lose too much in postage so I’ll leave it.

They're not up to anything.

Look at their point of view:

They sold you an item.

You received it and then decided to send it back.

You sent a similar item purchased a while ago and kept the new one.

They rightly think that you are up to no good, getting a new item in exchange for an old one.

Sellers come across this on a regular basis and of course they do not believe you when you say you made a mistake.

Happened to me with a pair of binoculars and eBay swallowed the loss themselves but the fraudster got away with it.

I disagree that it is not a police matter.

Indeed the police would most likely use their favourite punchline "civil matter" but this is not correct.

A fraud doesn't need to be successful to be a fraud.

Someone trying to defraud someone else is still liable to prosecution.

So if they find a pro active officer you could get in trouble, but as said, this is a remote possibility.

Forgetting about all of this would probably maximise your chances of not being reported.

Sorry if this is not what you want to hear, but it looks dodgy on your part, not the seller.

I advised to discard the other item which wasn’t broken just that I don’t want to deal with them and postage issues and explained upfront that it must have been a confusion. What else can I do to protect myself at this stage?

protect yourslef from what? you are the one who send back an old item and not the one bought. It has been suggested that you reach an accommodation with the selelr by buying another item and they send your old one to you or you pay for the postage of your item to get it back. They are not trying to rob you but you are refusing to do anything to help yourself so that is why peopel have said to forget all about it.

I advised to discard the other item which wasn’t broken just that I don’t want to deal with them and postage issues and explained upfront that it must have been a confusion. What else can I do to protect myself at this stage?