Silver Car was once White

RichieBoy56
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2179 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Long time lurker on this site. Now find that I need advice.

Bought a SILVER Hyundai Getz for step daughter just over a week ago. Seemed OK on inspection and drives well. I was checking the fluid levels at the weekend and noticed that the underside of the bonnet is WHITE. I then had a good look around and the hatch at the back is WHITE on the inside, as is the boot floor.

I am now very concerned that this car may have been in an accident. Why else would someone respray a low value car?

My other concern is that I will have difficulty selling this on when we no longer need it.

Do I have reason to reject the car?

The dealer is part of the AA dealer network which I assumed would indicate a trustworthy dealer. Would I be able to complain to them?

Opinions would be appreciated.

HPI it, that will tell you if its been in an accident that was capable of writing it off.

If it IS cat C /D then yes you can reject it, the dealer should declare this.

If it isn't, then you saw a silver car advertised, then viewed and bought a silver car, so not much you can do.

As for reason for respray? If not written off then maybe keyed or something and previous owner fancied silver Who knows?

V5 used to say if a car had been another colour originally.

I had a van that was white but shown as being red once on V5 but it never was.

All of the numbers were OK but it went through an auction in its earlier life so probably just an error but worth asking the question about its previous life.

Look at the quality or the paintwork, and look for patches that are dull or mismatched panel colours.

Where i live there have been a number of buses bashing the sides of vehicles when trying to pass between parked cars on both sides of the road.

Extensive but superficial damage so total respray could be needed and probaly not much mentioned in HPI check

Edited by dx100uk
paras

Cheap cars are sprayed on non visible parts in dull white and some even left with undercoat only (Toyota Aygo for example).

No respray, it's just how they come out of the factory.

Go to any dealer and have a look at another Getz, they are all the same.

• 1 month later...