• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

medical records

bonniebimbo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4466 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I am looking for some advice a "friend" of mine has recently applied for a job in the doctor's surgery where I am a patient. She already works for another surgery I hate to say this but she is not very discreet and I am really worried that if she is sucessful she will have access to some highly personal information of mine which not even my family know!! Could anyone advise how much of my medical history (if any) she will be able to see. I am so worried about this that I am thinking of changing my doctor.

Confidentiality will be a condition of her employment and how much she will be able to access will depend on her exact job and the computer systems in use. Unfortunately much is based on trust. If she were to breech confidentiality it could cost her her job. If you have evidence of her indiscretion make an appointment to see the practive menager at your surgery and express your concerns.

Poppynurse :)

If my comments have been helpful please click my scales!!!!

Hi

I work in a legal department at a hospital and your health records are covered under the data protection act 1998 if she was to reveal anything that are in your medical records she would certainly loose her job but she could also be prosecuted under the data protection act as revealing your medical records would also be regarded as a criminal offence.

Receptionists have access to all medical records but they should not trawl through past medical history thats not relevant. They should only deal with current issues and even then its only to file ( Ie they should just file things away and not read them!!Obviously sometimes people have to type up GP letters etc so "findingout info is often inevitable, The answer to your question is that your "friend" will have access to your entire file but as a condition of the confidentiality agreement she shouldn't look through it all and certainly shouldn't breach your confidentiality if she did find something out.

If you had evidence to suggest that she had breached confidentiality then she could loose her job.

I work in a GP surgery, and I know that even if you were to change surgeries, your records would still be available on the computer system in your old surgery. (Well they would on the computer system that we use anyway - I don't know whether they're all the same??) Just something to think about...

• 6 months later...

The electronic data records in all surgeries record who looks at what and when they did it. Most practices audit this to see if people are "browsing" medical records in a way not required to do their job - I have had to explain my access to files following such an audit in my surgery so I know it works. (I was responding to a telephone rquest as duty doctor so no appointment was recorded and I made no record in the notes)

Ask your practice manager if they do this from time to time, and if they don't ask them why they don't take their data protection seriously - best of all put it in writing to them with a copy to the PCT (Primary Care Trust) who pay the bills.....

If your "friend" knows this happens and that it could result in civil and criminal charges, as well as loss of her job, she may think twice about looking at your file!

:D <-- MazzaB, financial warrior! (*with a little help from my [real] flexible friends.......*) Bank ---> :mad:

:) Please click on my scales if you find my comments helpful! (or ya think i'm sexy ;))

• 4 weeks later...

hi bonniebimbo, i can understand why this bothers you, about 4 years ago, when i became pregnant for the second time we decided not to tell anyone (early stages) (just went to the dr to tell him as i'd had problems with my previos pregnancy) and after taking a dizzy spell i had an emergency dr appointment, on the way out when i went to reception to make another appointment, a girl (who i hardly knew!) offered me her congratulations!!!! i was so stunned, i asked her how she knew and sheepishly she told me she'd looked in my file!!!!!!!!!...obviously i was not happy and when i saw my dr the week after i told him what had happened and that she'd looked in my file, he was humming and haaing about it (he was clearly shocked too) and said she must have been checking a result from the hospital..but no..i hadn't had any tests (remember it was just an emergency appointment no results etc) he quickly understood the seriousness of this and explained to me about my notes, notes are on 3 different colours, cant remember rightly but i think dr notes are on pink, something else is yellow (maybe hospital notes) and results and letters for referral etc on white, he explained that reception staff only have the right to look at results (on white) in a file, but he did offer me several options, he could speak to her about this, i could make a formal complaint or i can request my file not to be read by any other staff at the practise apart from dr and nurses only (i cant remember what he called it but there was a term for it)..i opted for him to speak to her, and she was sorry, she said she just glanced inside to see if it was correct file (yeah right).:confused: ..if you are unsure, speak to your dr to see if they can offer you your file to be more protected.

• 4 years later...

Please forgive my linking on my first post, it is due to the amount of reference data. If you are interested in health records and the illegal access of then I recommend the read:

[EDITED]

Great site by the way

Edited by honeybee13
Removed unapproved link.