• Tweets

• I don't know how it works where you are but generally watersure tariff is capped at about £37 a month regardless of how much water you use, having a look at your area on the net it is about £438 a year,.do they ask you by letter  yearly or every 2 years to send them info to confirm you still meet the criteria to get watersure tariff, if you don't send it to them  they will put you on standard tariff. 
    • Hi Papat and welcome to CAG   Find one of my drafts on another thread and adapt it to say :-   I cancelled due to relocation to go to Uni and could not use the gym any more.   I now realise I should have given one month's notice and paid a final month's fee.   I'll pay this if you accept my  offer within 14 days but the offer will be withdrawn if you demand any more.   Put a draft here for checking first if you want.   Send the  letter to Harlands in Haywards Heath and get a free Cert of Posting at the PO
    • Name of the Claimant ?  Hoist Finance UK Holdings 1LI   Date of issue – 11th Nov 2019   Particulars of Claim   What is the claim for – the reason they have issued the claim? The Claim is for the sum of £2722 arising from the Defendant's breach of a regulated consumer credit agreement referenced Under no 4929421509954002 The Defendant has failed to remedy the breach in accordance with a Default Notice issued pursuant to ss.87(1) and 88 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. The Claimant claims the sums due from the Defendant following the legal assignment of the agreement from Hoist Portfolio Holding 2 Ltd (EX BARCLAYCARD) Written notice of the assignment has been given. The Claimant claims 1.The sum of £2792 2. Costs   What is the total value of the claim? £2977  Have you received prior notice of a claim being issued pursuant to paragraph 3 of the PAPDC ( Pre Action Protocol) ? No    Have you changed your address since the time at which the debt referred to in the claim was allegedly incurred? Yes, possibly more than once. This claim form has been sent not to my actual address but to a friend's house who lets me use their address for post. I had to do this as I had a lot of post go missing at my own address a few years ago. My address on Clear Score is different and my actual address. I don't know how they got this address.   Did you inform the claimant of your change of address? No, I'd never heard of Hoist Finance before Is the claim for - a Bank Account (Overdraft) or credit card or loan or catalogue or mobile phone account? Credit Card bill   When did you enter into the original agreement before or after April 2007 ? I genuinely don't know although according to Clear Score it was in 2010   Do you recall how you entered into the agreement...On line /In branch/By post ? I don't know   Is the debt showing on your credit reference files (Experian/ Equifax /Etc...) ? It's on clear score both as Barclaycard and Hoist. The Barclaycard debt it £0 but the Hoist debt is £2792   Has the claim been issued by the original creditor or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim. I assume it's a debt purchaser   Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment? No, I don't remember receiving a notice of assignment.   Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor? Not to my knowledge   Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Sums in Arrears”  or " Notice of Arrears "– at least once a year ? Not that I remember   Why did you cease payments? I couldn't afford to pay the minimum and hoped that as the amount wasn't huge they might disappear   What was the date of your last payment? I think it was July 2014 but it might have been May 2015.     Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved? Not to my knowledge but it was so long ago I have no idea what the debt is for or how much of it might have been late/missed payment charges.   Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor and make any attempt to enter into a debt management plan? No I did not I've never had a claim issued against me before. Due to my profession it is imperative that I do not get a County Court judgement against me.  Please help with what I should do.  Thank you all in advance.
    • @Jase1982   I have been trying to get up to to speed, and struggling   "Unite general secretary Len McCluskeytold the Guardian that Labour had to win over the party’s traditional working-class supporters with by promising to end free movement of workers - migrant Labour from Europe - after Brexit."   Labour declares a completely stark raving mad open door to anyone and everyone   Immigration was and still is THE big issue driving Brexit (but Corbyn is of course a Brexiter)   Corbyn promises a new Scot ref, then doesn't then hums and hars.     So what actually is happening?     Corbyn declares he's in it for all voters - but seems to mean he wants to ostracise most voters (biggest issue driving Brexit) and bring in new voters who might vote for him in gratitude despite not knowing who he is and probably not caring, and hopes some of them might be nurses.   Cluckskey wants to end (EU) free movement or workers? So where is he on the open door policy - (Theres apparently 40-60,000 none Turk ISIS looking for a new home ...)     I cant make any coherent sense of it whatsoever. Bonkers.   correction: Only sense I see is keeping everyone at each others throats to prevent them seeing the real problem - Corbyn and his quite small cabal of left wing loons ‌
  • Our picks

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 633 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Have been involved in a dispute with SSE since early 2016.

During summer 2016 they offered me an ex gratia payment of £500 in respect of their admitted failings in various areas.

I was intending to take the matter to law as substantial losses had been made, and SSE I felt the offer of £500 was derogatory in the extreme.

However early in 2017 I decided to accept the £500 and simply draw a line under the matter, as I realised that I didnt have the time or inclination to get involved with a long drawn out and costly small claims track claim.

I was astonished to be advised by SSE that they were unable to pay me the £500 as they had suggested in 2016, and this would need to be paid to a third party who was not personally involved in the dispute between myself and SSE from early 2016 to date, but had suffered substantial losses due to acts and omissions of SSE prior to my dispute.

Withdrawal of the offer to me seemed to have come about following the collusion of 2 members of SSE staff, who appeared to feel that directing payment toward the third party would extinguish any possibility of action by him in the small claims track at any time in the future.

Have now been trying for about 10 months to get some sort of explanation from SSE regarding the public reasons the offer of payment was withdrawn. The last request for this information being made by myself on 18th January 2018, when I was told it would be passed to customer complaints department for investigation.

The fact that the head of the customer complaints department was one of the people who had earlier colluded to redirect the payment, meant there was little hope of getting the matter looked at on an even handed basis.

When I phoned again today I was told that the account had been deadlocked since January 2017, which seemed surprising as I had had numerous telephone conversations with SSE subsequent to Jan 2017, and little over a month ago had been promised an investigation.

SSE seem eager of me to put this matter into the hands of the ombudsman, which will obviously mean a whitewash and zero possibility of anything being sorted out.

An attendant matter to the dispute is that I have been being overcharged for electricity at my small industrial unit for an extended period of time (my bill for one unit is more than 3 other units adjacent to mine in total, even though electrical loads are pretty much the same).

I spoke with SSE about this several times over the years, times were good i was making a fair amount of money and never pursued the matter or queried why my requests for a check meter to be fitted were never actioned.

My question for anyone who hasnt nodded off by this stage is

should I choose to pursue due process in relation to the overcharging,

bearing in mind I am not aware of the amount I need to claim, what should I put on the claim form?

Clearly before determining any sort of accurate figure there is a need for a check meter to be fitted, and that is something that isnt possible as SSE have decided to deadlock the account without any notice to myself.

I doubt if anyone can help with this, but you never know and I guess a post on here has to be worth a try.................

TIA if anyone can assist.

Please no barrack room lawyers or suggestions to go to the ombudsman though.

why don't you sar them for a start and get every piece of documentation you can

its a legal request and they cant refuse it.

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

Sse hq

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

Thanks. A tactic commonly employed by SSE is to suggest supply and distribution are entirely separate entities. If this is indeed the case I wonder if there are also 2 different data controllers?

shouldn't be, that link mentions the data controller for 'sse'.

maybe can check with the ICO with their data controller number sse give in the link, see what it covers.

IMO

:-):rant:

It says SSE Supply Limited which is supposedly a separate entity to SSE Distribution Limited ? Its impossible to get any sense out of SSE themselves and imposslble to get any response from legal at Reading so contacting the ICO seems a very good idea..................thanks.

maybe then check those 2 data controller numbers with the ico, see what they cover.

if needs be, do one sar to each data controller?

IMO

:-):rant:

I will check with ICO on Monday then send SARs requests to both departments if ICO confirms details. Its worth bearing in mind that pretty much all large corporations are made up of several different entities now, and often use that to trip consumers up, by passing them back and forth between the departments.

SSE has department specific data controllers, one for supply in Reading and another for distribution in Perth. Data controller numbers provided on those web pages according to ICO are both spurious.