BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• I don't have any doubts but that if they have breach the contract then they must leave you in the position that you would have been if the breach hadn't occurred. This means that the very least that you shouldn't be out of pocket at all – and in fact if you incurred extra losses having to remedy their breach – by making other arrangements then I think you should be entitled to this as well.
    • On a side note -  I expect Barclays to extend the contact time to the week after. Only because your case isnt a simple one to deal with and they may have to do further investigation.  Let us know what the Adjudicator says... Remember this - The FOS in recent memory have become a dog with no teeth...  
    • CCA is not re-setting the date it is a right?   no CRA showing how can they report a non existent account which is not showing, pay them and if it was then it would just show partially settled and still be there killing your score for 6 years letters may this/that and the other are just threatograms used by the office junkie, Cabot know this,  sit on your hands and stop seeing what is not there"!  Statute Barred is Final end of sure Dx  will respond as well
    • I booked a one way flight online for my wife and I with Ryanair in December '19 for a flight from Spain to UK in August '20. The flight confirmation showed that the cost of the flight was €145.68 and that my card had been debited £133.01.  I don't recall being given the option of choosing to pay in euros or GBP but it is possible that I was.   On 5/2/20 they contacted me to advise that "Due to the non-delivery of the Boeing Max aircraft this summer, please be advised that there has been a significant time change to your Ryanair booking". It was in fact much more than a significant change in that it was a cancellation of a flight on that day from that airport which had been tailored to fit our preceding travel plans so I just asked for a refund, as I could not find a suitable alternative with Ryanair.   The refund was processed and Ryanair sent me an email stating, "We confirm that your refund request has been processed back to the form of payment used to pay for your booking. Your issuing bank will take 5-7 working days to process this refund amount back to your account. The amount refunded to your credit/debit card is GBP 133.01"  When I checked my bank account I saw that they had refunded me €145.68 which when exchanged left me £119.58 leaving me £13.43 out of pocket.  On contacting Ryanair they said it was my bank's fault and not theirs as they refunded the full amount paid.  My bank advised that Ryanair debited my account originally in GBP therefore they should have refunded this amount in GBP.   I made an official complaint to Ryanair which they have rejected stating that I was in breach of their General Conditions of Carriage by not selecting the correct payment option.  I feel that because they did a currency conversion on payment and debited my account in GBP that they should have refunded the GBP amount that they took.   I also wonder how many others has this happened to and I smell a large rat. Could anyone offer any views on this, and/or if I have any comeback and where I could take it please?
    • So I received a further letter and a phone call from Ruthbridge yesterday offering a 70% discount and through a lot of waffle go on to say verbatim (I hung up the phone without admitting who I am):   "If you fail to contact us... we may return the account to our client (cabot?) who may look at alternative activity"   I'm guessing they know it's SB then as there is no reference to court, however they do state that the credit reference agencies will be updated to reflect "partially settled" should I take advantage of their offer - there is no HSBC/Cabot/Ruthbridge account showing on any of my credit reports.   DX apologies if you take it as I am being difficult or dim, however I remain concerned that the CCA request does not contain the words "I do not acknowledge any debt" or similar and because only a debtor can apply for the CCA (as I'm led to believe) then sending for this in 2015 has reset the date of acknowledgement of the debt - has this ever been used by a DCA as an acknowledgement of the debt?   Furthermore with the 2015 letters and 2020 letter having completely different amounts allegedly owed and reference numbers that differ from the original letters from Cabot and the CCA supplied back in 2016 this is giving me a further level of concern over the best course of action.
  • Our picks

stu007

PIP assessments: 'Lack of trust' in benefits systems

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 740 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

PIP assessments: 'Lack of trust' in benefits systems

Failings in disability benefits assessments - including claimants being asked when they had "caught" Down's syndrome - have led to a "pervasive lack of trust" in the system, MPs say.

The Commons Work and Pensions Committee said reports by private contractors for the two main disability benefits, PIPs and ESA, were "riddled with errors".

And it said contractors "universally missed" the set performance targets.

A government spokesman said the assessments worked for the "majority".

READ MORE HERE: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-43058789

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Not surprised. The sooner these assessments are ended, the better. I've never seen the point of them. It's meant to be how you are half the time. How does a one hour (which is long mine was) show that?