BankFodder BankFodder

marthafarqua

Renewal Car Insurance has added me to the policy - help

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 685 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi all

I've just been pulled up by the police who told me, to my surprise I had no insurance on my car.

Our insurance was up for renewal in January so we let it automatically renew.

£200 fine and 6pts on my license

I came home to see what had happened.

I have been driving this car for 3 years now.

The Insurance company (first Central) told us on chat (can't get hold of them by phone) the details were correct that only my husband was insured.

We looked for emails regarding policy documents etc.

They said that they got details from confused.com and that's how they based their/our policy.

Our previous insurance company always insured the name driver and spouse.

I am not sure if my husband has ticked the box which states spouse or not and there is no way to check.

Could I have been driving around with my kids in the back of the car without any insurance for over 2 years???

In December last year I had to go on a speed awareness course for doing 34MPH in a 30 zone.

My question is wouldn't this issue have flagged up then?

I did the speed aware course in December.

Our insurance for the car was automatically renewed in January.

Please help.

Ask for a copy of your insurance document. It will state everything in there.,

Sadly, this is the risk you take with the cheap online only insurers.

• Confused 1

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

With 99% of insurance companies these days, you can look at your policy and even download/print your insurance documents online. https://my.1stcentralinsurance.com/Customer/Login/AccountLogin?isValid=True

You may even be able to see old certificates.

Oh, and by the way for future reference... 0333 043 2066 :thumb:

• Confused 1

We could use your help

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.

If I've helped you at all, please feel free to click on the little star under my posts and leave feedback :)

But surely this would of flagged up, when i got a ticket for speeding?? Feel sick to think I've been driving around with no insurance.

Depends. How were you caught? Camera or were you stopped by a police officer?

We could use your help

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.

If I've helped you at all, please feel free to click on the little star under my posts and leave feedback :)

Camera

In that case, they wouldn't have checked insurance, and even if they had the vehicle would have shown as insured.

Have you had a look at your documents online?

We could use your help

Yes unfortunately I wasn't insured and haven't been for the past 18months!

That's was an expensive mistake.

Just glad I never had an accident.

Thanks for your help.

husband clearly at fault so change husband whe you renew next time as this one has committed an offence of allowing you do drive whist uninsured.