Dipping my toe in (re: debt)

eastlad1987
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2246 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there, I am new to this so go easy on me please I hope I have posted this in the right forum.

I have got myself into a right pickle with debt.

I am on benefits and am seriously getting close to the line of going completely and utterly doolally with the stress of the constant letters and phone calls.

I am really not well mentally and this is just the thing that is going to push me over the edge, as the letters coming are increasingly threatening, and I am really scared.

I am willing to give details but I just dont know where to start or what to do, I am living hand to mouth as it is.

Hope someone can advise. Hoping this might be the first step to ending the harrassment so I can concentrate on getting better.

easy...

list your debts please - for each one give the following please

original creditor

type of credit

amount borrowed

when taken out

is this defaulted on your credit file if so that date please

last payment date

who you are paying

outstanding amount

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The harassment is easily to handle...simply file the letters in folders corresponding to each account and dont answer your phone...set it to answerphone they always hang up ..if the call is important the caller will leave a message......DCAs wont in case you store and collate the calls and use it against them as harassment.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Debts (Recent From August 2017)

Klarna Bank

Original Debt: £300

Last Paid: £12 novemeber 2017

Now Owe: £288

Now with DCA.

Tesco Mobile Contract:

Defaulted and Contract ended

Last paid: £11.50 in November 2017

Unknown what total debt will be but was only 2 months in on a 24month contract

o2 Mobile contract:

Defaulted and contract ended - being passed to DCA

Last paid: £12 December 2017

Unknown what total debt will be but was only 1 months in on a 24month contract

Ace Catalogue:

Defaulted

Owe: £116 (i think this has been passed to DCA)

Next Directory:

Defaulted

Paid: £9 (minimum payment last month) missed this months

Current debt: £310

Provident Loans:

£200 Loan - Paid 4 payments of £12 a week - now defaulted and been passed to DCA. Balance is £298 outstanding.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Debts Pre August 2017

Peachy Loans - £200 - With DCA - dont know how much is owed lost all letters

Sunny £100 - With DCA - dont know how much is owed lost all letters

Lending Stream £300 - With DCA - dont know how much is owed lost all letters

Ferratum UK £300 - With DCA - dont know how much is owed lost all letters

Pounds To Pocket £300 - With DCA - dont know how much is owed lost all letters

Wonga £150 - With DCA - dont know how much is owed lost all letters

MYJAR £200 - With DCA - dont know how much is owed lost all letters

Vodafone - £400 With DCA

EE - £450 With DCA

Vodafone Business - £450 With DCA

Virgin Mobile - £400 With DCA

BT - £800 With DCA

JD Williams Catalogue - £550 ish With DCA

Jacamo Catalogue - £500 ish With DCA

Halifax Bank overdraft: £300 - With DCA i think

EON Electric : £100 With DCA

If you could name the DCAs......against each agreement

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Jesus!!! IRL screaming out here!!!

Vodafone debts, have you demanded to know how they arrived at those figures? Bet they've added the entire months you haven't used to the total owing=unenforceable.

Halifax, have you reclaimed THEIR charges?

EON, set up a payment plan with EON, NOT their childish DCA...

If any of the DCA's ring you, laugh and hang up, never EVER discuss ANYTHING with powerless DCA's over the phone.

Who? Is chasing you for which debt please?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Ardent Credit Services Ltd dealing with Klarna bank and next directory

Lowell dealing with tesco, o2 and ace catalogue

Provident kept sending the area "manager" round daily.

I shouted out the window

"im going to call the police if you come at unreasonable times of the day anymore"

he then disapeared for a week,

last week reappeared at 6:45am my housemate answered the door and told him to ..and get a real job, now i have got provident head office bugging me 50 times a day on the phone.

and if you are paying each debt please...

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

No i have stopped paying EVERYTHING it was crippling me.

I receive Job seekers allowance £142 a fortnight which has deductions of £15 a fortnight leaving me with £127 and I have to pay my rent service charge of £27 a fortnight. So i live on £100 a fortnight. There really is little if anything spare for debts :(

NO DCA nor provi doorsteppers have ANY legal powers

tell them to leave and not return else police 101 will be called

I really do hope you've not been conversing over the phone with any DCA

they ARE NOT BAILIFFS.

writing only

put the phone down.

and don't use EMAIL either.

and they

No i have stopped paying EVERYTHING it was crippling me.

I receive Job seekers allowance £142 a fortnight which has deductions of £15 a fortnight leaving me with £127 and I have to pay my rent service charge of £27 a fortnight. So i live on £100 a fortnight. There really is little if anything spare for debts :(

that's ok when you can go get a bunch of blank £1 PO's

then you have them ready for the CCA request you need to send to everyone chasing you for money on any debt bar bank account/mobile/util

that EON debt stop paying the DCA pay EON.

and they

Yeah well, mark it as junk, and bounce them back.

Any silly messages the little children send 'forward' them to 7726 (SPAM on your phone keypad)

Any clueless beggar knocking your door asking for handouts, tell them to leave, pronto, or plod will be called.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Debts (Recent From August 2017)

Debts Pre August 2017

EON Electric : £100 With DCA

Hello eastlad1987 and sorry for the late reply. Only just spotted your post.

Have we actually assigned this debt to a DCA? If we have, a payment arrangement can now only be set up with the DCA concerned. We can take payment in full but, given your posts, this doesn't seem possible. Sorry I can't offer anything more positive on this particular point but there might be other ways we can help.

Talk to us about the E.ON Energy Fund. This has been set up to help vulnerable customers with current or final E.ON energy bill arrears. There's more information about this on our website at the following link including how to apply and what you need to be eligible.

https://www.eonenergy.com/for-your-home/saving-energy/need-little-extra-help/energy-fund

Going forward, are you still our customer? If you are, you might be eligible to receive Warm Home Discount. This is a payment of £140 towards winter bills. The 2017/18 scheme is now closed but this could be useful for 2018/19. Again, there are more details on our website including a page to register an interest. Please see below.

https://www.eonenergy.com/for-your-home/saving-energy/need-little-extra-help/warm-home-discount

On the same page there are details of help with energy saving stuff like loft and cavity wall insulation. This is through the Energy Company Obligation (ECO). Not of immediate help, I know, but might be useful for the future.

Have you thought about prepayment meters? These let you buy energy in advance from various retail outlets. They also let us put any outstanding debt on the meter to collect at an agreed weekly rate. Prices for prepayment tariffs will, though, be higher than most of our fixed deals and there won't be lower daily standing charges for paying with a Monthly Direct Debit

Hope this gives you a few pointers to help deal with your E.ON debt eastlad1987.

Malc

Have we actually assigned this debt to a DCA? If we have, a payment arrangement can now only be set up with the DCA concerned,Malc

This is why 'customer service' isn't a dirty word.

If corporations don't want to collect money they're owed and farm it out to powerless debt collection agencies, then don't be surprised when you get an even worse rep than you command already and your profit stream dries up.

DO NOT pay a DCA.!

As for installing a pre payment meter!!!