BankFodder BankFodder

lost1701

Universal credit and renting a room

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 709 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi

long story short.

ive been made redundant. I do not plan on being jobless for long but in the interim regarding universal credit, im currently renting a room, question being,would it be problematic for the landlord?

The only person who can answer that is your landlord.?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I did that for a while last year....

Depends if they claim any benefits however i dont think it should have an effect.

It didnt with mine.

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

yeah no he doesnt claim anything. Im aware uc is now an all in one payment,before it was introduced you had to go through hoops etc. that was all i was asking.i do not intend to be on it for long to be fair but as an interim thing.

Just report the change on your Universal Credit online account and you will have to go into a Job Centre with a copy of the rental contract, with any proof that you have paid the landlord.

UC will only pay up to the relevant room rate for the postcode area.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread