Backdoor lowell CCJ for old studio debt - judgment for claimant(indefault)

zorro9583
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2264 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all im new to all of this

I have recieved a letter of judgement for claimant

before this i recieved a letter that supposedly acknowledges a debt with studio but it doesnt have my signature on it and

in less than a week i have had a judgement for claimant letter and i dont know what to do.

Hello and welcome to CAG.

CAn you tell us the history of this account please?

When taken out, How much, when last paid.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

moved to legals and tidied.

did you receive any paperwork or letters before you got the judgement for claimant letter?

have you moved in recent years and failed to have post redirect and your pers details have by fraudulently used to open credit?

as this is an agreement post APR 2007, it would have been done on line so no sig is necessary.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

yes i have received a letter from them

this debt was from when me and my partner had our first house and we did take out the debt

when we tried to pay it they said they cant accept it as it has been passed to a debt collector

my fiance rang them to pay it and they refused payment as it was her and not me

now its gotten to this stage and we did not here from them for about 4 years and now its gotten to this

yes i have recieved a letter from them this debt was from when me and my partner had our first house and we did takeout the debt and when we tried to pay it they saidthey cant accept it as it has been passed to a debt collector however my fiance rang them t o pay it and refused payment as it was her and not me and now its gotten to this stage and we did not here from them for about 4 years and now its gotten to this

But did you inform Studio you had changed address ? I assume not hence the claim form was sent to your previous address...judgment attained......Judgment claimant was aware of your new address as you have now received Notice of Judgment in default to your correct address.

So...options...agree a payment plan with Lowell or challange the judgment and set it aside and defend it (it will cost you £255 to set it a side unlessyou are exempt from court fees)

How much is the CCJ for ?

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

no we didnt change address i assumed we did but obviously not as it was such a long time ago.

the debt was 432.93 and 107.00 costs total 539.93 and they are asking 50 pounds per month however i cannot afford 50 per month

no we didnt change address i assumed we did but obviously not as it was such a long time ago.

the debt was 432.93 and 107.00 costs total 539.93 and they are asking 50 pounds per month however i cannot afford 50 per month

So do you wish to reduce it or challenge it ?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Complete the following (N245) request a variation to the judgment and submit it to the court named on the Notice of Judgment

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?406098-LEGAL-N245-Application-for-suspension-vary-an-order-**Correct-as-at-Feb-2017**

The fee is £50

Then offer £5pm the Judgment will stand irrespective unless you set it a side...assuming you can offer a defence with merit?

Do you have legal grounds to challenge the claim....the reasons why you do not owe the money claimed.

Setting a side a judgment relies on a 2 part process

Grounds to set a side...1.they knew your new address...otherwise you wouldn't have got the Notice of Judgment to your correct address....

2.the debt was already statute barred at the time they issued the claim.The claimant cant disclose a signed copy of the agreement