advice please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6566 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

10 years ago i got in abit of a mess young family redundancy etc which i ended receiving a ccj for 9000 pound payable at what i could afford 38 pound amonth until further notice i;ve being paying this for 8years after i found this site last week i decided to check bank statements for last six years and go about claiming charges back. i also decided to find out how much i owed on the ccj to my horror its now 16000 pound i had no idea because i have never had any contact from the bank about interest thats being applied which is being put on at 400 pound a quarter any advice would help

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. <br />

Winston Churchill

Hi

It may be advisable to discuss this in greater details with a trained debt counsellor - the CCCS come highly recommended, are free and impartial too.

Tel 0800 138 1111

Alternatively, other forum members may know of information that could be of importance, so keep an eye out for further replies.

Best of luck

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

No No No! Once they have obtained judgment that CAN NOT add further charges and interest to the debt the is subject to a CCJ. Stop paying and make a claim immediately!!!

The law maybe reason without passion as Aristotle said, but hey, he said nothing about having fun when getting even!

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal expereince. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Reputation Points Always Welcome

thanks everyone; cab have contacted rbs on my behalf and after faxing a copy of my original court judgement they have found that the account was set up wrong 8 years ago; just glad i didn;t pay the settlement figure they stated it would have cost an extra 5 grand. are these people incompetent on a purpose.?

Winston Churchill

Hi!

So have you over paid the debt?

Have they given you exact facts and figures?

I would ask (under DPA regulations as always) what exactly has gone on and what has been paid and when, and what charges applied.

You may have overpaid and be owed something in return. I doubt they will volunteer the money if they were willing to take another £16k from you.

LOULA

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 09 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

Winston Churchill

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6566 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks