deimosboy

old Blackhorse Car finance default filed 5yrs late

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 653 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi,

The background everything went off he rails when my business failed years ago prioritised the mortgage to keep a roof over our heads so ended up unable to pay the car loan.

2010 the door bell went man here to repossess my car, I moved the car to a friends with the aim to avoid repo and privately sell. It did not sell.

As the balance was not large I thought I would hold onto the car and pay it off when I got back on my feet. The damage was done no payments and two attempted repo's credit file goosed.

Forward a year on in 2011 the car is repo'd.

The debt fell off my CRA file but appeared last week with a default date of 2015 with the notice being on my record as Jan 18 the month it appears.

How do I handle this I need it removed, I probably received default letters etc at the time. Under the ICO guidelines the repo itself would be when a default would be established, no payments from early 2010 again more than 6 months so under ICO guidelines would be establish the default date in 2010.

I have not spoken with or written to lender since 2010 so this is SB.

My question is once SB is it always SB?

So am I safe to complain to the lender Black Horse and enter correspondence?

Is there any guidance/ template on the letter to Black Horse and template for complaining to ICO?

What are the timescales to realistic have this addressed as we are looking at a mortgage, historic defaults not worried about but this is the only one on my file and being updated in Jan 18 showing £1500 its going to cause a real problem.

Thanks again in advance for your excellent advice and support.

Kind regards

J

Once SB it's ALWAYS SB, they can 'ask' for the money back, but they cannot take any legal action to get it.

As for the erroneous default marker appearing, first port of call would be to the CRA reporting it, inform them that the data they are processing is inaccurate and to remove it or legal action may be taken, (Defamation £1000 minimum)

Whose name is against the default?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi,

OK i am sure the SB is correct but just keep me straight please.

Is this letter OK to use will it have the effect I desire?

Thanks again for your help.

Black Horse was the original lender, its just the date of the default that is wrong.

Complaints Black Horse.pdf

I personally wouldn't send that letter no.

I'd place a notice of correction on my CRF against the inaccurate entry, and complain to the CRA about processing inaccurate data.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

simply write to BH pointing out briefly about the 2010 repos and when the third missed payment was

include proof if you have it

give them 14 days to rectify the error else you'll complain to the ICO and seek monetary compensation.

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

moved to the Blackhorse forum

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

Wrote to the CRA's and BH advise it is been removed from my file.

Wrote to the CRA's and BH advise it is been removed from my file.

Excellent!! Well done :thumb: