wrong name on CCJ

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2247 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have received a ccj for unsecured credit at my home address and there is no defendant with that christian and surname at this address. Would this make the ccj or any enforcement valid?

For example the defendants name is spelt Richardgale Bridg but there is a person here called Richardgalle Bridgewaters. I have used fictitious names but the mistakes are exactly the same in proportion.

I do not really want to go to the expense of having the ccj struck out. But, if that name is so wrong should I just ignore the ccj and any enforcement action. I am not too worried about bailiffs but I am worried that if the creditor requests an oral examination the person with the similar name could get arrested for ignoring it.

Hi and Welcome to CAG

Received a court claim (N1 response pack) or received Judgment ?

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Would it be more than 6 years ago that any acknowledgement or payment was made? Also it's possible the debt has been old on several times and the name on the alleged account has become garbled, so the bottom feeder which obtained the CCJ never had 100% correct details anyway.

Have you been at the same address long, as in say 10 or more years?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Go ring the original creditor and find out the actual last payment date

Then go from there

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I found the last statement with a payment. It is September 2013.

Not SB then

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Not only that but all the names on every letter from the creditor are exactly the same as the defendants and are also, completely wrong. So I suspect it is the same on the original credit agreement.

I know if the creditor finds the real name they might be able to go back and change the defendant's name. But, I doubt if they can do that if it is wrong on the credit agreement.

So what do you think. As it stands is this ccj enforceable as it is?

yes slight name issues are forgiven esp if the info the claimant got was wrong too

so did you get the original claimform pack and simply ignored it totally/

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

yes slight name issues are forgiven esp if the info the claimant got was wrong too

so did you get the original claimform pack and simply ignored it totally/

I did receive the claim form but when I came back from holiday and the default ccj was already entered. I did not ignore just missed it.

I don't know how a judge would rule but I do not personally regard 33% letters wrong a slight name issue. Is not the surname the most important in legal terms? and that is less than 50% correct on the ccj. Nobody recognises that as my name, online or offline. Why should I respond to it? As that is not my name.

but you had the money!!

i'm not saying that from a moral point of view either...

no way is a judge going to for one minute say well ok them i'll let you off..

when you readily now admit you had letters and statements going back [how many?] years that were also wrong but you did nothing about it..

cant see a way out of this..

what was the debt all about?

and they

I did receive the claim form but when I came back from holiday and the default ccj was already entered. I did not ignore just missed it.

I don't know how a judge would rule but I do not personally regard 33% letters wrong a slight name issue. Is not the surname the most important in legal terms? and that is less than 50% correct on the ccj. Nobody recognises that as my name, online or offline. Why should I respond to it? As that is not my name.

Well, you’ve certainly decided. Not your name, not your debt (at least in your view). Time will tell if that works, but I suspect it won’t.

The CCJ is now linked to your address and may adversely affect your credit report, making it more difficult for you to obtain Credit.....

Don't credit rating agencies say that credit information is only linked to individuals (you and anyone financially connected to you) and not to addresses? Is it different for CCJs?

correct

which is why he said YOUR credit report...

and they

a office error in name on letters etc - minor adjustment,

bigger mistakes admitted in court rooms and companies allowed to adjust account name showing a legitimate mistake as long account number in originators name, = dead area to try that one it would cost you dearly in court = no go,.

I was in court and one of the biggest banks in the UK admitted so many errors and the judge just ignored, I made a one digit mistake it was fatal to my case. get the drift?

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad: