Tesco get Horizon to issued PCN's to parents/child parkers seen with no kids in cars!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2257 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The store's staff will use the app to take pictures of vehicles parked in disabled bays without Blue Badges or taking up spaces designated for parents with children under 12.

The evidence collected will be sent to Horizon Parking.

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/news/motoring/tesco-parking-parent-child-fine-1157405

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

So, I park in a disabled bay but forget to put my blue badge up. Horizon will penalise me but what happens after that? Will Tesco cancel the charge if I prove I hold a badge, I doubt it.

Parent and child parking. My grandson is 10 but he looks older and he doesn't need a booster seat. Will his mum get penalised? probably! How are Horizon going to monitor the spaces? They usually use ANPR at Tesco so are they going to have a physical presence? Nah!

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

I read it will be Tesco staff who do the monitoring?

It's so flawed though. I park in parent and child, take my baby seat out the car to put in the pram or trolley, no more evidence in the car I have a child.

Equally I'm not convinced it actually describes what age/size you are a child.

I have a feeling that the word "fine" has once again been inserted because of lazy journalism, I doubt it's what Tesco said.

I could well be wrong, but all the Tesco stores that I have been to (within memory at least) use Highview as their parking muppet of choice. Certainly the ones around here do. Also, a friend of mine works for Tesco, and she's certainly heard nothing of this scheme being rolled out nationwide to all stores. And what about the stores where Tesco don't own the carpark?

I thought Horizon was Sainsbury's pet gonzo outfit to be honest.

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

There is no requirement to display a BB on private land so that one is going to be difficult to enforce.

As a BB there have been occasions when I am guilty of using a Mother Child parking space as all the disabled bays are full and those that are available are on the far side of the car park making it a long walk just to get to the entrance of the store.

Not helped when they clsoe off approximately 15 disabled bays because of building work.

There is no such thing as BB and mother child parking spaces as it is just white paint on a piece of tar.

TESCO issue a FINE/ They are not a magistrate?

I think it's Derby Telegraph that called it a fine, not Tesco. [EDIT I just spotted Dragonfly has already said this]

It's hard to see how Parent/Child parking condition could be enforced because there's no definition that exists to say who qualifies, not that I've ever seen displayed. So how would Tesco or their parking company ever prove you were parked in breach of the requirement? BB is easier in principle, a BB is either displayed or it isn't, although quite a few hurdles for the car park operator to get over for not displaying a BB before they could enforce.

It's not clear whether pcns will actually be issued, that seems to be press speculation. It might be more a 'name and shame' approach.

It's hard to see how Parent/Child parking condition could be enforced because there's no definition that exists to say who qualifies, not that I've ever seen displayed. So how would Tesco or their parking company ever prove you were parked in breach of the requirement?

[Got timed out. ]

Unless the enforcement would only be aimed at people who had no children at all with them.

tarmac graffiti means nothing...

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Tesco are also very big on the whole 'Not Every Disability Is Visible' message, so I cannot see this being anything more than a story as they are 'Disabled' spaces and not 'Blue Badge Holder' spaces for the most part. Shoppers may well be challenged - politely - over possible misuse of spaces, and that will probably be down to the trolley collector, but I really don't think they want to alienate customers for the sake of a parking space. At the same time it is one of the issues that many customers shout loudest about so they do at least need to be seen to be doing something

I would rather they (and other supermarkets) spent more time challenging the inconsiderate parking of many other shoppers - those who cannot park evenly between lines or who spill over into the next bay and park at an angle. Especially when I have just had a sodding great dent put in my door by somebody who clearly didn't give themselves enough room to open their door!

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

Tesco dont need to worry, the good old british public will provide them with anecdotal evidence and even pictures on facebook of someone not having a child and parking in one of these spots.

Dont forget, a proportion of the population of the Channel Islands regularly shopped their neighbours to the Nazi occupiers there in the 1940's.

Why not introduce a minimum shop requirement so that people who only buy those slabs of beer are forced to buy some healthy vegetables or they cant park. What about a minimum spend on sweets and fizzy drinks to prove you do have children? the inane possibilites are endless

Edited by honeybee13
Paras

Endless and ultimately unenforceable :lol:

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

My local Tesco's are going to start fining drivers who park illegally in disabled bays.

Staff will be able to download an app which lets them photo cars not displaying disabled badges etc.

Tesco's will use a company called Horizon Parking, who will contact the owner

to request the £25. Tesco's state that it is not a profit making move!

My question is will they (Horizon) be able to enforce the payment?

My own feeling is they won't. I think Tesco's would be better off patrolling these areas with their own staff.

I have no sympathy for illegal parkers using Disabled bays.

BJT.

My local Tesco's are going to start fining drivers who park illegally in disabled bays.

Staff will be able to download an app which lets them photo cars not displaying disabled badges etc. Tesco's will use a company called Horizon Parking, who will contact the owner

to request the £25. Tesco's state that it is not a profit making move!

My question is will they (Horizon) be able to enforce the payment? My own feeling is they won't. I think Tesco's would be better off patrolling these areas with their own staff.

I have no sympathy for illegal parkers using Disabled bays.

BJT.

Hi.

I've merged your thread with an existing one in the parking forum and left you a redirect to follow from the parking one.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

where does it say fining?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Couple of points to raise.

Where does it say in the signage the child has to be under twelve to park in a parent child space?

Why is the symbol for parent/child space depict a woman?

What if I'm taking my kids?

Clearly sexist.

Blue badges are not worth anything on private land.

Not all disabilities are visible so to call it a disabled space and say you need a blue badge are two completely different things.

Blue badges are issued for mobility issues

As a perfectly fit and able bodied pensioner I park as far away from the supermarket entrance as possible during the cold light of day because I'm one of those sad gits obsessed with an all green dashboard when I sync my fitbit at the end of the day.

As an elderly female I want to park as close as possible to the entrance on a dark night and I don't much care if that means using a space designated for parents with children.

At 10.30pm I'd even park in a disabled space if I considered that the safest option.

I don't believe that makes me a dreadful or selfish individual.

A bit of common sense wouldn't go amiss.

where does it say fining?

Hi DX, The following quote is taken from my local newspaper.......quote. Tesco's have announced plans to 'fine' misbehaving shoppers at its superstores as part of a new 'Parking Enforcement Scheme. Evidence is the sent to Horizon Parking, who will 'fine' the motorist £25 for breach of rules! Unquote.

BJT.

The press frequently call private parking charges 'fines'.

HB

That is because the general public understand that word better than 'Parking Charge Notice' - added to which it is more snappy for the newspaper copy!

Newspapers can call them what they like, so long as the parking company does not use the word...

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

and its not illegal parking either

nothing criminal at all..

and they

• dx100uk changed the title to Tesco get Horizon to issued PCN's to parents/child parkers seen with no kids in cars!!