Barnsley Premier leisure gym not harlands **WIPED BY THE GYM**

bhwarg
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2266 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello. im just wanting a bit of advice please.

august 2016 i entered a 12 month gym contract - in october 2017 i went in to my gym and asked to cancel my membership. the receptionist took my details but it now seems she failed to cancel my contract. she did inform me to keep my direct debit open for one month, which i did, for any last payments to be obtained.

on the 1st of november a gym membership amount of £24.50 left my account and therefore i cancelled my direct debit. i believed this to all be sorted. i have had no contact from anyone in december or january - they have my mobile and house number, home address and my email address should they need to contact me.

i have today recieved a very nasty email from the CRS (not Harlands) saying i am in debt to the amount of £448!!! even if my membership had not been cancelled correctly, the amount i owe the gym would be £49 for both december and january. they have told me an admin fee had been added to the debt and the admin fee is £118 - the two gym payments and the admin fee come nowhere near the £488 they have quoted me.

i have had no contact from my gym or harlands prior to this email from CRS. i went straight to the gym to demand what was happening and they seemed as shock as i was.

do i need to pay anything? do i pay for december and january? im in shock right now about being so much in debt for absolutely no reason - should i not have recieved something earlier from the gym or harlands showing a problem on my account?

i really dont know what to do now. my gym only took on harlands group as there collection agency in january and they have had no dealings with them. the manager of the gym has offered to call harlands in the morning for me as nothing is showing up as a debt on my membership which for some admin reason is still classed as being active.

im at a loss of what to do - any advice would be appreciated

vicky

no you've done it correctly

1 month after cancel you paid

you are safe to ignore everything.

as you've read a few threads

you know they cant do a thing to you.

a DCA's in NOT a BAILIFF

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

its just a little scary

- never been in debt in my life and to receive such a strongly worded email knocked me off my feet.

im going back to the gym tomorrow as my children have swimming lessons there and im going to show them the kind of company they are dealing with.

do you think it matters that my membership is still showing as active??

this is also something im going to sort out at the gym tomorrow

many thanks for your speedy response

- panic and fear had set in straight away!!

wouldn't bother

you'll just get stone walled.

not their problem.

if its by email block them and bounce it back.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Bh and welcome to CAG

Other threads here will show you that Harlands/CRS (they are one and the same) threaten lots but do nothing.

By all means, tell the gym you're not happy that either :-

1. They failed to process your cancellation properly or .......

2. Harlands are trying to [problem] you out of nearly £450 !!

So, in any event, you could tell them they need to get Harlands/CRS off your case in the next 7 days or you'll make formal complaints about this naming the gym as jointly responsible for fraud and/or harassment.

Let us know what they say. If you want to take this further, I'll suggest a brief letter to send Harlands seeking info on the ludicrous amount they say you owe. I doubt they'll even dare reply.

Can you please confirm that this is a single m/ship for you at £24.50 per month.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

hi

spoke to the gym

they were as disgusted as i was with the letter.

they've spoken to harlands & i now have a letter from them confirming that no further action will be taken.

turns out they've only recently taken them on & it doesn't look like they were aware of the reputation beforehand.

i've pointed them in the direction of the many posts on here to help give them an idea of what they've let themselves in for!

thank you for all the advice :)

Hi Bhwarg and thanks for the update.

An excellent result for you.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)