Parking & Enforcement Agency (PEA) NI Windsreen PCN no BB, Antrim Hospital, NI

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2265 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am direct family of the deceased (my parent) but not next of kin and will not be the pe son getting all the letters which could result from this.

A BB was definitely visible,

no question,

but it could have been wrong way up.

Not highest priority when rushing to be at a dying person's bedside.

I will upload the PCN in jpg form as that's what I'm able to do at the moment.

Thank you.

Ok, so I'm having problems uploading.

Getting an error on fonts?

I'm going to need to read the guidelines to upload this and come back later.

OK, as I said, the only way to avoid involving the next of kin is to name yourself to the PPC as the driver. That *should* (although there are no guarantees with these parasites) avoid any letters being sent that are addressed to the keeper.

Obviously as the deceased is your parent, you'll have all of the pertinent details to make a complaint to the hospital. I'd suggest PALS first and if they won't help (there is no 'can't' about it) then the Chief Exec. They'll try to abdicate any responsibility but don't be fobbed off. PEA are acting as agents of the trust and as such the trust are just as responsible and able to fix this. Stand your ground with them and this will start to rattle some cages and will, more often than not, get the charge cancelled.

Is the hospital local to you? Would there be any chance of getting some pictures of the signage around the car park and more specifically around the 'disabled' parking spaces where you parked? I realise that this might be difficult for you, so if not, not to worry.

If the hospital won't help you then your only option is to appeal to PEA, which of course they'll probably reject, there's no profit in allowing appeals.

Their only other option at that point is to take you to court. And honestly, I don't think that they'd stand a cat in hells chance of getting this past a judge who'd agree with them under the circumstances.

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

Thank you Dragonfly.

You've been really helpful.

I won't be able to get pictures of the signage.

Apart from the fact I don't want to see the place again I am traveling back to England tomorrow.

I will follow up with the hospital first.

I think that's a good idea.

I can't out next kin through all the aggressive letters I've had in the past.

Thank you.

Ahh, you may have another ace up your sleeve there. If you're mainland based it's going to be even more awkward for them. They won't want to go to the extra expense. They're a lot more likely to lose in court if no one from the company appears, so they're already shovelling in a money pit.

Oh, and in 2017, these muppets took a grand total of ONE case to court. So they're no ParkingLie :lol:

• Confused 1

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

Interesting.

They would have to take me to court in England rather that in NI in which case I'd have to come back to NI for that.

I'll make best efforts to get it cancelled through the hospital and feel more confident now to let this run its course with them if need be.

I'll let you know how I get on with the hospital.

When I get a chance I'll load up the PCN for reference.

Thank you.

Yep, as long as you choose to defend any claim made against you, it would be transferred to your local County Court.

It'd be an expensive day out for them, especially when they lost :lol:

Hi Seasider556

In your post#26 the fonts error you were getting were you trying to upload an Image or PDF?

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

use PDF

read UPLOAD please

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Just to let you know I have spoken with the hospital and they have liaised with PEA to get this PCN cancelled. The hospital apologised for the distress caused and have asked me to leave them know if I get any further grief. Job done. Thank you for your help.

The best outcome possible (at least where this ticket is concerned) under the circumstances. Well done. :thumb:

I'd be awaiting that in writing meself.......

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...