Dunster House - Log Cabin Build Issue

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2237 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had the cabin components delivered on 8th January

Due to issues with the base we did not start building the cabin 25th January

We have now encountered a few issues with the build, and the company will only respond via e-mail and not over the phone which is dragging out the resolution of our queries

At the moment the doors will not align correctly and are out of alignment by 8mm.

We have now been told to put the glass into the doors as they will hang differently,

but we cannot see that this will resolve the situation

Now, we have found another problem in that all four panels of glass are scratched.

The company have asked for pictures but this is not easy to get as the scratches are hard to see even with black card behind them.

The company have advised that I signed for the goods at time of delivery as being in good condition, but there was no way you could check each item as there were hundreds of bits of wood as well as glass and plastic items.

I would like to ask for some advice on what to do next?

I paid by credit card so should I raise Section 75 for faulty goods if they won't replace the doors or glass

Edited by dx100uk
paras

the items are not fit for purpose/Faulty and you are within 30days

replace or refund FOC under CRA.

yes section 75 would apply too if they don't cough up

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

i cant comment on the getting replacement parts section of this

just be aware that we had a log cabin from gardenbuildingsdirect, this is the same sort of style that dunster sell

they can swell something horrible in wet weather, when its damp our door goes from fitting perfectly to having at least an inch to 2 inch gap at top and bottom, the window frames also swell slightly and will often push gaps into the wall

if its the same type of window then the plastic is just layed into the frame and then wooden trim nailed in around it to hold it into place, please remember to put some silicon seal around the edges of these, we have noticed that water has been running down the perspex and into the inside of the cabin through there, the wood is black on the window cross pieces after a year - even with treatment

same issue in the corner, we were given "trim" to be fitted to the inside of each corner, this didnt look or fit right so was left off, good job we did water also makes it through those corner gaps - again black after just a year, corners have now also had to be sealed with silicon - doesnt look right until its painted over but better than letting it rot

think next time i will simply build my own summer house - hope yours goes better than ours

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

the items are not fit for purpose/Faulty and you are within 30days

replace or refund FOC under CRA.

yes section 75 would apply too if they don't cough up

Just a question on this. How does it stand when the building is partially erected and also the labour costs that the OP has incurred. I recommended the OP to come on here and know that they have had to pay labour costs where very little work has been done due to the problems. Could that be a consequential loss claim.