• Tweets

• as well as informing them of a fault, you must also formally assert your right to reject the vehicle under the Consumer rights act. This must be done within 30 days of purchasing it. if you haven't done this and it is still within the 30 days then you should do it immediately by email and confirm in writing  
    • Good point from HB.   Before you see a solicitor start trawling everything you have for relevant papers -  emails, letters etc. + All the documentation you have relating to the purchase of the house. And copies of everything else that you mention about bills, tenants etc. That could all amount to a lot of paper.    Then take a photocopy of everything you have found ready to give to your solicitor.   And make some notes for yourself in detail about everything you remember.   Incidentally, it's just my opinion that  will  need more legal advice than can be given here. Maybe someone will come along who is an expert in this. But TBH I think that is unlikely, that's why I recommend you get your own solicitor asap. Because (a) it's legally complex and (b) there's a lot of money at stake for you.
    • I represented a family member in an Employment Tribunal which was awarded in their favour.  Background: The respondent failed to provide a bundle and came unprepared as he had planned for their finance employee to attend, but they were ill which left the respondent with no information on the day. The Judge gave the respondent the opportunity of 3 hours adjournment over lunch to get bundles but he declined and agreed to accept whatever decision the judge made. Once the judge verbally provided their judgement (recorded by herself for court process purposes) which was in my family member's favour, the respondent asked if he could appeal. The judge advised that the appeal process would be advised within the judgement documents (sent in post) and he could follow them once received. The respondent posted a small bundle of documents to both the tribunal and ourselves, but did not include any letter or application for reconsideration within the 14 days but the judge has decided they add nothing to the case and has closed the case, placing his bundle of documents on file.   I have spoken with both the Tribunal office involved (case closed) and London Court of Appeal who have received nothing in this matter.   Firstly, Which is the best way to secure payment from the respondent? Secondly, The Judgement states that the Claimant is eligible to claim 8% interest but is this from the day following the expiry of 14 days when payment was due, or the day following the expiry of 42 days which the respondent has to appeal? and how do I calculate the daily rate please of £2,500?   TIA
    • Lantern (QQ)   Date of issue – top right hand corner of the claim form – this in order to establish the time line you need to adhere to.   27/08/2019   Particulars of Claim   What is the claim for – the reason they have issued the claim? The defendant owes the claimant £481.16 under a regulated loan agreement with casheuronet llc t/a quidquid dated 03/01/2012 and which was assigned to the claimant on 20/12/2017 and notice of which was given to the defendant on 20/12/2017 (debt). Despite formal demand for payment of the debt the defendant has failed to pay and the claimant claims £481.16 and further claims interest thereon pursuant to section 69 of the county court act 1984 limited to one year to the date hereof at the rate of 3.91% per annum amounting to £18.83   What is the total value of the claim? £584.99   Have you received prior notice of a claim being issued pursuant to paragraph 3 of the PAPDC ( Pre Action Protocol) ? Yes   Have you changed your address since the time at which the debt referred to in the claim was allegedly incurred? No   Did you inform the claimant of your change of address? N/A Is the claim for - a Bank Account (Overdraft) or credit card or loan or catalogue or mobile phone account? PDL   When did you enter into the original agreement before or after April 2007 ? After - 03/01/2012   Do you recall how you entered into the agreement...On line /In branch/By post ? Online   Is the debt showing on your credit reference files (Experian/ Equifax /Etc...) ? No   Has the claim been issued by the original creditor or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim. Lantern   Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment? Yes (via email) from MMF with no letterhead   Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor? No   Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Sums in Arrears”  or " Notice of Arrears "– at least once a year ? No   Why did you cease payments? Couldn't afford them   What was the date of your last payment? 25/02/2016 then again 01/06/2018 (yes a paid again when they chased me)   Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved? No   Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor and make any attempt to enter into a debt management plan? Yes - rejected my DMP for one I couldn't afford.   
    • I think friends worry is that that the original initiator of the Claim will step in again. The original Claim and repo hearing was made by the freeholder for non payment of service charges.  The bank stepped in and paid the service charges.  Then when friend didn't pay mortgage the bank asked the judge to re-open the Freeholders Claim.  Friend paid the bank arrears.    But now friend is worried that the freeholder will return to re-open the same Claim. Ping-pong between bank and freeholder !!  Unless this particular Claim is stayed/ struck out
  • Our picks

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 645 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello

I am really not getting any where with the Council, they've sent me a supposed statement, however there are payments missing.

They've made this so confusing, I'm starting do wonder if they actually know what they are talking about at all.

So according to them & the statements they provided, I was still paying Equita for this account when they 'supposedly' sent Britow & Sutor on 2 visits to the old address. How I prove that I don't know.

How can they possibly send a second debt collection agency when I'm already paying another one? For the very same bill?

If there was any adjustment to the bill, surely they shouuld have simply added it to the Equita bill & let me know.

My last payment was to Equita in December, then January I get a letter out of the blue demanding £220.21 + £310 fees for Bristow & Sutor. They say they were passed the account in August. I was still paying Equita in August.

What a confusing mess!

Hello

I am really not getting any where with the Council, they've sent me a supposed statement, however there are payments missing.

So according to them & the statements they provided, I was still paying Equita for this account when they 'supposedly' sent Britow & Sutor on 2 visits to the old address. How I prove that I don't know.

Have the council told you what date Equita returned the case to them?

You mention that there are payments missing. How much are these payments for and who were the payments made to?

Thank you, Yes there are payments that were made to Equita, missing from the statement the council have sent me.

My last & final (or so I thought) payment to Equita was made in December 2017. I paid it off in full.

No the council haven't confirmed or stated when Equita returned it to them. I'll email & ask them to confirm the date.

Could you just confirm, that when you paid Equita in full,

you mean the full amount on the invoice,

including any fees,

and not any other amount.

Just to be sure we are all on the same page.

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

Yes, the amount oustanding to Equita was £304.42, when I was ill & unable to work. I had a visit to the house, & of course they added fees, think it was over £250 in fees.

Even though I'd been in touch with the council & told them the situation, they passed everything over to Equita, I was ill for 11months.

I had an arrangement with the enforcement officer to pay a monthly amount.

I paid that every month last year, & made the final payment in December.

The council now say they passed the account to Bristow & Sutor in the August, when I was still paying Equita. And they've now added their fees too, of £310.

Hope that all makes sense, thanks for your help

OK so you paid the £304 to Equita.

The £250 they "tried to add" was passed on eventually to B and s where it accumulated the second lot of enforcement fees.

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

Sorry, no... the £304 owed to Equita, included the £250 fees for Equita coming to the house.

I set up a monthly arrangement to pay it off, which I did in December

But in August the council added some more, but rather than adjust/increase the Equita account that was still ongoing/live in August, they instructed Bristow & Sutor for a total of £530, including £310 enforcement fees.

Thank you

Ahh good, thanks.