• Tweets

• Okay. We are very happy to help you get your money back. If you have the evidence that I have indicated then there is absolutely no problem and frankly I don't know why Halfords seems to be prepared to cause such a fuss to deny you your consumer rights and to save her company 40 quid – simply on a callout fee.  Now that I've called their attention to this thread I expect that they they will be following it. If you are prepared to issue a small claim then we will help you all the way including helping you draft your documents. Halfords will be crazy to allow this to continue – but if they decide to get personal about it then they will see you in court but the chances of them winning are negligible. It's up to you. Bringing a small claim is very easy. Your risk would be the claim fee which in this case would be £25, I think and then if they push it to a hearing about a hundred quid which when you win – if you win – you will get back. Of course we will publish the result here and show Halfords up as we have done before. It's amazing to have to go to this kind of trouble.   Once again, I just want to confirm that your case will be that you inputted all the correct details into their website and Halfords returned a particular specification to you which was incorrect. Effectively this means that they are in breach of their contractual duty to supply goods which are fit for their purpose. However, have you checked elsewhere in fact Halfords are correct and that the tyres are not fit for your vehicle. It occurs to me that maybe Halfords have told you that they're not fit for your vehicle when in fact they are. This would also put Halfords in breach but in a rather different way.  
    • @dx100uk Well my pro-rata offer is minus at the moment lol so I will look to modify it and offer the £1 token payment. Is that the right move? At the end of the day both they and I know that you can't get blood out of a stone and I am a stone currently   Thanks again sir
    • Hi, yes this is the same sort of response I keep getting about this. Yes so it asked for the registration number of the car, and this was inputted correctly. It’s then “found” the brand and type of car “Kia carens 1.6” etc and then came up with the “Recommended” list we then selected the tyres from. I have checked it since we bought them and the same tyre still comes up. In response to the lady above where we “assumed” we did assume the tyres would be correct in the list so didn’t see any need to ring to confirm if you see what I mean. We did try ringing the company but they were unwilling to provide information of supervisor. It seems like the company isn’t going to do anything about this.. 😕
    • They are all actually your interpretations, and nothing more than incorrect assumptions and extreme misrepresentations (at best) of mine (and thats being kind)  
    • pop up on the MCOL website detailed on the claimform. [if mcol is not working return after the w/end or the next day if week time] .  register as an individual  note the long gateway number given  then log in .  select respond to a claim and select the start AOS box. .  then using the details required from the claimform .  defend all  leave jurisdiction unticked  you DO NOT file a defence at this time  click thru to the end  confirm and exit MCOL. . .  get a CCA Request running to the claimant https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/332502-cca-request-consumer-credit-act-1974-updated-january-2015/  leave the £1PO blank and uncrossed . .  get a CPR 31:14 request running to the solicitors [if one is not listed send to the claimant] . . https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/332546-legal-cpr-3114-request-request-for-information-when-a-claim-has-been-issued/ . . type your name ONLY no need to sign anything . you DO NOT await the return of paperwork. you MUST file a defence regardless by day 33 from the date on the claimform [1 in the count]  
  • Our picks

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 636 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello

I am really not getting any where with the Council, they've sent me a supposed statement, however there are payments missing.

They've made this so confusing, I'm starting do wonder if they actually know what they are talking about at all.

So according to them & the statements they provided, I was still paying Equita for this account when they 'supposedly' sent Britow & Sutor on 2 visits to the old address. How I prove that I don't know.

How can they possibly send a second debt collection agency when I'm already paying another one? For the very same bill?

If there was any adjustment to the bill, surely they shouuld have simply added it to the Equita bill & let me know.

My last payment was to Equita in December, then January I get a letter out of the blue demanding £220.21 + £310 fees for Bristow & Sutor. They say they were passed the account in August. I was still paying Equita in August.

What a confusing mess!

Hello

I am really not getting any where with the Council, they've sent me a supposed statement, however there are payments missing.

So according to them & the statements they provided, I was still paying Equita for this account when they 'supposedly' sent Britow & Sutor on 2 visits to the old address. How I prove that I don't know.

Have the council told you what date Equita returned the case to them?

You mention that there are payments missing. How much are these payments for and who were the payments made to?

Thank you, Yes there are payments that were made to Equita, missing from the statement the council have sent me.

My last & final (or so I thought) payment to Equita was made in December 2017. I paid it off in full.

No the council haven't confirmed or stated when Equita returned it to them. I'll email & ask them to confirm the date.

Could you just confirm, that when you paid Equita in full,

you mean the full amount on the invoice,

including any fees,

and not any other amount.

Just to be sure we are all on the same page.

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

Yes, the amount oustanding to Equita was £304.42, when I was ill & unable to work. I had a visit to the house, & of course they added fees, think it was over £250 in fees.

Even though I'd been in touch with the council & told them the situation, they passed everything over to Equita, I was ill for 11months.

I had an arrangement with the enforcement officer to pay a monthly amount.

I paid that every month last year, & made the final payment in December.

The council now say they passed the account to Bristow & Sutor in the August, when I was still paying Equita. And they've now added their fees too, of £310.

Hope that all makes sense, thanks for your help

OK so you paid the £304 to Equita.

The £250 they "tried to add" was passed on eventually to B and s where it accumulated the second lot of enforcement fees.

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

Sorry, no... the £304 owed to Equita, included the £250 fees for Equita coming to the house.

I set up a monthly arrangement to pay it off, which I did in December

But in August the council added some more, but rather than adjust/increase the Equita account that was still ongoing/live in August, they instructed Bristow & Sutor for a total of £530, including £310 enforcement fees.

Thank you

Ahh good, thanks.