VCS Claimform - No Stopping PCN - Liverpool Airport

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2119 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey, I've pretty much shot myself in the foot too.

I appealed and was rejected,

ignored the requests for payment and now have a MoneyOnline County Court claim against me for £160.

I'm confused,

I used the argument that there was no free parking at Liverpool Airport,

but I read stories that say there is .. did there used to be but they removed it??

On my first visit, dropping off my son, I assumed that a simple 60 second drop off/pick up would be free like Manchester,

I entered the airport road it led to a roundabout,

after following the signs for Drop Off/Pick Up I entered the car park,

at this point I was on a one way road were I couldn't do anything but enter the car park.

I dropped my son off, I was no more than a couple of minutes,

I went to leave and couldn't get out of the car park without paying.

A couple of weeks later when I went to pick him up I thought I might have gone into the wrong car park,

I followed the same road and realised that I would be entering the same car park and I'd have to pay,

I spotted a barrier and pressed the buzzer to get off the road and go back out,

I then saw him, pulled over for about 60 seconds to let him in and was nailed.

I appealed, it failed, I ignored and now I have a claim for £185.00

Any ideas?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

you entirely missed the point about appealing to the parking co or the IAS, THEY DONT ACTUALLY ALLOW SUCCESSFUL APPEALS ( proven to be a true statement) so yours was doomed to fail

Start a new thread rather than stealing someone elses so we can give you advice that is specific and wont get cross threaded.

Hi guys,

Date of issue: 22 JAN 2018

What is the claim for:

1.The claim against the Defendant is for breach of contract in respect of breaching the Terms and Conditions set on private land.

2.The Defendant was issued with a Charge Notice (CN) and has failed to settle their outstanding liabilities.

3.At all material times the Defendant was the registered keeper and/or driver of the vehicle identified in the provided Particulars of Claim. It is alleged that the Defendant breached the Terms and Conditions of entering private land as detailed in the Particulars of Claim.

4.The claimant seeks the recovery of the CN and interest under section 69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% at the same rate up to the date of Judgement or earlier payment.

5.I will provide the defendant with separate detailed particulars within 14 days after service of the claim form.

What is the value of the claim?

Amount claimed: £160.00

Court Fee: £25.00

Legal Representative's cost: £0.00

Total amount: £185.00

Claim has been issued by claimant: Vehicle Control Services

I can't now use MCOL (what an absolutely horrific website to use, do they deliberately make it so hideous and un-userfriendly?) to respond to this as I did attempt to file a defence but it timed out and now my password doesn't work as the guy I spoke to on the phone said you can only use it once.

So they have emailed me a PDF version to complete instead.

Hope this what you guys need :)

bit gargbled...

whos the solicitor please

you've missed several of you questions out from that link

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Name of claimant:

Vehicle Control Services Limited

2 Europa Court

Sheffield Business Park

Sheffield

S9 1XE

There is no solicitors listed on the claim form but I did receive a detailed Particulars of Claim yesterday that is signed by a Jake Burgess A.CILEx, Associate Legal Executive, Litigation Manager of the same address as above.

Apologies, have I missed anything else?

ok we'll need those type or scan it up [read upload]

so what have you actually done to date?

have you ack'd the claim on MCOL defend all?

and sent a CPR 31:14?

and they

Sorry, it is a bit garbled isn't it?

I didn't put those numbers in, I've no idea why they're there.

It should have read:

1.The claim against the Defendant is for breach of contract in respect of breaching the Terms and Conditions set on private land.

2.The Defendant was issued with a Charge Notice (CN) and has failed to settle their outstanding liabilities.

3.At all material times the Defendant was the registered keeper and/or driver of the vehicle identified in the provided Particulars of Claim. It is alleged that the Defendant breached the Terms and Conditions of entering private land as detailed in the Particulars of Claim.

4.The claimant seeks the recovery of the CN and interest under section 69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% at the same rate up to the date of Judgement or earlier payment.

I will provide the defendant with separate detailed particulars within 14 days after service of the claim form.

I went onto MCOL, logged in, filled some stuff in (can't remember exactly what now) started to type up a defence but it timed out and now I can't get back in.

They've sent me the PDF's of the Response Pack and Defense file.

I'll look into uploading the Particulars of Claim now.

you don't need to file any defence yet not due till day 33!!

pop up on mcol now and look at the status of the claim. make sure it says you have acknowledged the claim.

you need to get a CPR 31:14 running to VCS TODAY.

to the solicitors

[Your address]

[Their address [solicitors]

[Date]

Dear Sir or Madam,

Re: (Claimant's name) v (Your name) Case No:

CPR 31.14 Request

On (date) I received the Claim Form in this case issued by you out of the (Name) county court.

I confirm having returned my acknowledgement of service to the court in which I indicate my intention to contest all of your claim.

Please treat this letter as my request made under CPR 31.14 for the disclosure and the production of a verified and legible copy of [each of the following / the] document(s) mentioned in your Particulars of Claim:

1. the contract between [parking company name] and the landowner that assigns the right to enter into contracts with the public and make claims in their own name,.

2.proof of planning permission granted for signage etc under the Town and Country Planning Act 2007

3.copies of the notice to driver, notice to keeper and any other correspondence from [insert Claimant Name] & [insert Solicitors Name} to the defendant that they intend to rely upon in court.

You should ensure compliance with your CPR 31 duties and ensure that the document(s) I have requested are disclosed at your earliest convenience..

Your CPR 31 duties extend to making a reasonable and proportionate search for the originals of the documents I have requested, the better for you to be able to verify the document's authenticity and to provide me with a legible copy.

Further, where I have requested a copy of a document, the original of which is now in the possession of another person, you will have a right to possession of that document if you have mentioned it in your case. You must take immediate steps to recover and preserve it for the purpose of this case.

Where I have mentioned a document and there is in your possession more than one version of that same document owing to a modification, obliteration or other marking or feature, each version will be a separate document and you must provide a copy of each version of it to me. Your obligations extend to making a reasonable and proportionate search for any version(s) to include an obligation to recover and preserve such version(s) which are now in the possession of a third party.

In accordance with CPR 31.15© I undertake to be responsible for your reasonable copying costs incurred in complying with this CPR 31.14 request.

If you are unable to comply with this request within 14 days and believe that you will never be able to comply with this request please confirm in your response.

You are reminded that as this case is yet to be allocated to a track, CPR31:14 does apply, a refusal to comply because you 'think' at this stage you dont have too will be used against you in any filed defence.

Yours faithfully

TYPE YOUR NAME DO NOT SIGN IT

and they

PCN number showing page 2

att hidden from view

and they

I'm sorry if I appear a little dim but how do I find out the status of a claim?

I don't see any option for that when I log-in.

It simply says: Begin new claim or Respond to a claim made against you.

I can't respond because as I mentioned the password no-longer works, the guy on the phone told me that I can only use it once.

it shouldnt matter if you've used the password

it doesn't expire even if you file a defence

it was probably MCOL having a hissy fit which it does most weekends

go see if it works on respond to a claim.

and they

OK, I tried again responding to a claim using the username and password supplied on the Claim Form and again it gives me this:

The following errors have occurred:

Claim number or password is incorrect.

The password to login to MCOL is NOT the same as the Claim number and the Defense Pack Password. I can login to MCOL, that isn't the problem, the problem is that I cannot respond to the claim now, apparently the reason for this is because I have already responded and it timed out as I was completing it.

I will ring them up tomorrow and ensure that I have acknowledged the claim.

You can file your defence by email

Don't sweat

and they

Did you send CPR CPR 31:14

and they

Not yet, I will do this tomorrow.

Unfortunately I've been made redundant and my last day was yesterday. I used to print things at the office but now I obviously can't do that so I've emailed it to a friend and will pick it up tomorrow.

as long as the claim has been acknowledged and you send the CPR31.14 off immediately you will have time to mention it in your defence.

they use the gladstones format of saying you were either driver or keeper rather than in what capacity they have a cause for action against you.

They do this because they

(1) havent followed the protocols of the POFA so if they say you were one or the other they lose and

(2) they hope that no-one notices they are trying to pull a fast one.

Edited by dx100uk
formatting

what email address did you use? ccbcaq?

and they

Yes, I spoke to support yesterday and the guy told me to simply reply to the email I received from them with the form, this was the ccbcaq address.

I also received a response:

Thank you for emailing the County Court Business Centre, please accept this as a receipt of your email. Where a response is required we will endeavour to respond to your email within 10 working days (please do not re-send duplicate messages)

great well done

don't miss your def date whatever happens

and they