'Rogue' parking companies face government crackdown

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2272 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sad even uninformed government officials still call them fines.

It also won't stop companies like Gladstone skipping around the law. Or even parking eye/equita

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Having an industry that self regulates like ppcs do was a terrible idea from the start. It's like telling loan sharks to regulate themselves.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

While it may seem to be good news, I suspect that whatever bill comes out, it will be watered down as to be a waste of paper.

Lots of companies have the governments ear. Capita anyone?

If they do introduce a truly independant appeals service separate from the BPA and IPC then so long as the process is open to scrutiny, that would be a good thing

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Are the DVLA going to want to give up the revenue stream? I don't remember if we know how much they make each year from helping parking cos.

A 3 month period July to September saw nearly 1.5m details sold on.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This 'Bill' won't happen in its current form, I guarantee it. It'll be like shooting the goose that lays golden eggs.

The DVLA won't want it and the BPA & that other bunch of clowns certainly won't! And they'll fight to the death to see their revenue streams protected.

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

Yes, all those with vested interests wont want it but this can only be good for consumers!

Consumers will also be represented by motor/ consumer associations according to the draft bill.

Look at all the county courts up and down the country being bogged down due to these **** of the earth (parking companies and their associated robo solicitors). High time they were regulated and made to pay levies/ further levies for not following good procedures.

Thank you, PT. :) At £2.50 a throw, that's a nice little earner, isn't it?

HB

I got my figures from this article https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/910900/Rogue-parking-cowboys-banned-from-using-DVLA-database-to-hunt-down-innocent-drivers a quick scan of some of todays other papers drew a blank although will confess it was done at speed,

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]