• Tweets

• Firstly, and sorry for not asking earlier but have you submitted your DQ yet?
    • As suggested by JK2054 I'll email Evri to their small claims email address, attaching the label and collection receipt and quoting the Money Claims ref number. Is there anything else in addition to sending the email I should do at this stage? Rgds, J
    • Hi, I'd change justice centre to county court. I also wouldn't be including a telegraph article in the bundle. It doens't prove anything law and you don't have distribution rights on it. I also wouldn't personally break down the exhibits on the index page, normally people have a seperate page for this right before the exhibits. The main index page normally just says Exhibits to WX of [Your Name] or at least that's the format I use/see people here use, although really it makes minimal difference.   I also see that despite referencing several judgements you haven't included the EVRi one   paragraph 46 really needs to go imo it has nothing to do with anything. Your in court to apply the law to your case, not to tell the judge about a newspaper that means nothing to your claim.   I also see you've adopted the issues in dispute/not in dispute, which is also known as a scott schedule. if you are taking this approach, for things not in dispute I would say this needs to be things that are agreed between parties, not things like "There is no dispute that I am happy to supply all this evidence which is included in the court bundle." I would say that issues in dispute is to focus on the aspects of the claim that are in dispute, such as whether liability is limited by insurance or not, so I'd be changing that accordingly.   BF should be along shortly to advise on things.
    • Fraudsters copy the details of firms we authorise to try and convince people that their firm is genuine. Find out why you shouldn’t deal with this clone firm.View the full article
    • J, I just numbered them like that; once the witness statement is made, I'll add it to the pages.   The court date has been set as 02 July 2024. Please find attached V6. I will send an unredacted to the email.  claim budle_V6.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

DWP (Job Centre) - Want you to get back in to work and then set up to fail!

essexmat
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2250 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

That's right, our lovely DWP and JCP who want you to get back in to employment but when it comes to the crunch are unwilling to help you when you need a little bit of help and this set you up to FAIL!

As you know I am on UC, I lost £95.00pm when moved from ESA and HB so am struggling.

I have been applying for work but getting nowhere

my work coach (work coach LOL) says to me "try registering with agencies and seeing if they can help" ... OK,

I email a few agencies and I geta reply from Hays and speak with them on the phone about my work history and background etc.

They tell me that they may have a few openings and would like to meet me

- fine, train fare to town return is £9.40.

As I am on UC almost £10 means a lot of food shopping and it is an amount that I can hardly 'lose' at the moment given my financial circumstances.

I email my 'work coach' and say I have arranged an appt with the agency and I would like to claim my fare back.

Guess what? DWP WON'T PAY IT as it is not an actual interview just registration.

So I say "if I want interviews I need to register so I am on their books"

- the answer (like a robot) "No we cannot pay your fare"

Fine, end of story, appointment cancelled

- you want to know why I have not been doing as you say and seeing agencies?

BECAUSE YOU (DWP) ARE NOT HELPING ME AT ALL WHEN I AM TRYING TO BE PROACTIVE FINDING WORK!!!!

What part of I am on UC and struggle with rent/food do you not understand?

Want me back in work and off UC then HELP ME WITH A LOUSY TRAIN FARE!

Angry? Yeah, expected this? Yeah ... DWP ... no help at all,

just keep cutting peoples money and offering no help at all.

Pathetic.

Have you complained to your local MP?

This is exactly the sort of thing they need to be made accountable for, after all it's there train set, and only they can change the trisection of the [edited] DWP.

Edited by honeybee13
Pejorative terms removed.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

That's right, our lovely DWP and JCP who want you to get back in to employment but when it comes to the crunch are unwilling to help you when you need a little bit of help and this set you up to FAIL!

If I lose my current job, I won't (thankfully) qualify for UC, so would fall back on claiming JSA. However, because I have a lodger, I wouldn't qualify for any JSA payments unless I made her homeless. Jumping through the UC/JSA hoops just for the national insurance contributions hardly seems worth the effort, and I most certainly will not take part in the next version of the Work Programme without substantial renumeration.

UC is a source of constant worry for my lodger, and the system failures in processing her payments constantly means she is in arrears with the rent. Just as well that I'm understanding and sympathetic in letting the arrears accrue.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

Ask about programmes such as Work and Health, which are designed to help those that have had health issues back into work. JCP will refer you and the organisation that runs the programmes will pay for travel costs to go to interviews with agencies etc. The work coaches don't have access to funds themselves to pay, but if you sign up to companies that receive funding, they can pay the costs you are concerned about.

If I lose my current job, I won't (thankfully) qualify for UC, so would fall back on claiming JSA. However, because I have a lodger, I wouldn't qualify for any JSA payments unless I made her homeless. Jumping through the UC/JSA hoops just for the national insurance contributions hardly seems worth the effort, and I most certainly will not take part in the next version of the Work Programme without substantial renumeration.

UC is a source of constant worry for my lodger, and the system failures in processing her payments constantly means she is in arrears with the rent. Just as well that I'm understanding and sympathetic in letting the arrears accrue.

Your lodger can request for DWP to pay the rent directly to you, provided there is evidence of a rent agreement. If the lodger is getting housing costs as part of their UC claim, this should have been verified. It is simply a case of the lodger making the request and you as the landlord will be asked to confirm your details to get paid direct.

The rules on direct payment to landlords changed early this month. Before the process was a bit messy. Depends on how good your lodger is in dealing with their benefits claim. If they are having problems with payments, it might suggest that there are other issues, you may not be aware of. UC is a digital service, where the claimant can print off their statement showing everything included in a month, including any deductions due to be taken off. If payments are late, perhaps your lodger has not met their commitments on time. They need to log into their UC regularly to undertake any actions required of them.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

If they are having problems with payments, it might suggest that there are other issues, you may not be aware of.[...] perhaps your lodger has not met their commitments on time.

Moving just before Christmas coupled with the seasonal delays that the festive period brings were at the heart of the payment problems. Due to a medical condition, she is currently exempt from looking for work or even engaging with the DWP. Over the next couple of months, I would hope things settle down and payments are made on time & the arrears cleared. With a bit of advice and guidance on budgeting along with life skills (she is young and still finding her feet in the world), I'm sure she will get to grips with the finances.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

Thank you to the site team for deleting the reply from yet another troll. I saw it last night and simply ignored it. I seem to attract them these days. I know I sometimes go off on a tangent and that is through sheer frustration so please let me know if I need to tone down my posts. I guess as this has not been deleted/altered it is ok.

I do find this a great site to vent as well as get valuable advice - it is just a shame, I guess like most sites, with people who can remain anonymous and hide behind keyboards they can get away with saying what they want provoking a reaction.

Keep up the good work guys and gals!

P.S What is this I now have under my user name "I record my calls.Do you?"

P.S What is this I now have under my user name "I record my calls.Do you?"

It's an advert for Truecall, the ''Rolls Royce'' of telephone recorders, every home should have one!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!