zzharia

IGroup -GEMoney-Elderbridge secured loan help

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 632 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi

I took out a secured loan in 2003 through a broker called freedom finance who are no longer trading , PPI was added to the loan .

I missed a couple of payments when the acct was passed to GE money , but always made up the missed payments over 2 months by paying extra on the contractual payments .

The charges from the arrears charges have accrued interest and now stand at £1700.

The loan was passed to Elderbridge last year and I have continued to pay the CMI , and when I could made a extra payment to reduce the arrears.

I managed to dig out the contract and was surprised to see the loan payments end this May :-)

but when I rang Elderbridge i was informed the outstanding balance is £2723 this includes the principle balance of £982 the remaining is the historic charges and interest from GE Money but Elderbridge do not charge interest on historic charges.

Is it worth me doing a SAR request and look at the reclaiming the mortgage charges ?

I contacted the FOS about the PPI , but was advised as the broker and Igroup is no longer trading , PPI claim would not be successful .

Any help with next steps would be appreciated .

as usual GE sold their dirty laundry on.

you can reclaim the charges through GE if you are lucky

as for the PPI

you go after the insurance company that provided the PPI Insurance [the underwriters]

lots of thread here already to read use our search CAG box in the top red toolbar

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets