Failed ESA medical

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2234 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Told today I have failed my ESA medical all benefits stopped and told to reapply for JSA.

I am 61 suffer with depression, border line personality disorder, high blood pressure (MH problems documented by a psychiatrist).

At my medical my MH was not really considered. I was asked if I was violent and how did my depression anxiety affect me.

I was told today I failed because I did not seem panicky or sweating (I took my coat off on one of the coldest days at the medical because I was sweating) the examiner even commented on how cold it was) I said it felt tropial to me, none of this mentioned.

I have asked for a reconsideration, so awaiting paperwork, what can I do in the meantime.

If I appy for JSA I have been told my new benefit will be UC, (I was sort of told to wait before I apply to see if my reconsideration is successful, because if it is I will stay on ESA and money lost will be backdated).

I am scared to death, I have no family so no help with money, I was receiving SMI so that will stop, what is my best action.

Any help as I really do not know where to turn I am totally alone in this.

Told today I have failed my ESA medical all benefits stopped and told to reapply for JSA.

I am 61 suffer with depression, border line personality disorder, high blood pressure (MH problems documented by a psychiatrist).

At my medical my MH was not really considered. I was asked if I was violent and how did my depression anxiety affect me.

I was told today I failed because I did not seem panicky or sweating (I took my coat off on one of the coldest days at the medical because I was sweating) the examiner even commented on how cold it was) I said it felt tropial to me, none of this mentioned.

I have asked for a reconsideration, so awaiting paperwork, what can I do in the meantime.

If I appy for JSA I have been told my new benefit will be UC, (I was sort of told to wait before I apply to see if my reconsideration is successful, because if it is I will stay on ESA and money lost will be backdated).

I am scared to death, I have no family so no help with money, I was receiving SMI so that will stop, what is my best action.

Anyone please, also I wonder why I was not placed back in the WRAG does this no longer exist.

Yep, all par for the course I am afraid, especially under the juristiction of the nasty party.

No one, and I mean NO ONE will get through a WCA unless you are literally at deaths door these days.

Yep, the assessors reports will be full of lies, mine was as well as are most people's.

Still, the assessor and oik at DWP know you and your condition(s) better than your GP and health professionals so console yourself in the fact that you should be happy that you are FIT FOR WORK like many others suffering.

Apologies for the sarcasm, it just makes me sick.

Don't give in about 65 percent of people win at tribunal,you probably will fail the MR because only about 20 percent of people win them(but you could be one of the lucky ones)the government are supposed to be changing that but I wouldn't hold my breath.

As for what you have been told about UC is true once you go on that you can't go back on esa so if you could manage just until you MR comes back that would be a lot easier than UC because you would need to start your claim all over again and go for another assessment but even if you do need to claim UC you will still get your backpay from esa if you keep handing in sick notes.

• 4 weeks later...

mrpopperspenguins,

im saddened to read your post. i have been through 3 such assessments, the first I considered lies to be told. So, the second assessment I have asked for it to be recorded. They only did a partial recording. So the third assessment i've just had, they have done a full recording.

I can only suggest that for your future assessments you notify them that you wish for it to be recorded in full. Then you can rely on something to complain if there are differences between the oral recording and the written report.

Good luck with your appeal.

"The nasty party" which of the 4 party coalition is that then? IMO ALL are equally as bad as each other, Out of the mainstream political parties NONE are vote worthy , The voting system FFP needs changing the days of lie cuck lie lie cuck cuck are gone

i have an abundance of documents over several years showing maladministration and lies. i've not published them as yet, but intend to.

hi, do you have any updates? If you are going to job centre to claim JSA, maybe ask to see disability advisor in a private room (i found this somewhat helped for me)