Delboy v The Hallifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6285 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

After finding this web site i have just sent off my request for details of five years worth of charges.

IN the last 10 months alone i think i have been charged 1,500. I changed jobs 3 years ago (took a pay cut to move as was good career move) and then eventually was made redundant along with 20 other workers. It hit me hard financially and eventually sold property to pay most debt off. I am now renting and really the banks charges killed me each month.

I am so annoyed that 1p overdrawn they charge you £30. Its obscene.

I expect my charges could be 5k plus!! I intend to persue for every penny as they crippled me.

I wish myself and others the best of luck!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

I have received my bank charge details from Halifax. No charge so far. Worked out my charges and since nov2001 to nov 2006 £4, 536.....shocking!! Will be sending letter shortly once i have a spare few hours to type it all up. Cheers for now.

Go for it mate. I'm right behind you along with thousands of others!

You need help, we'll be here, just shout!

But, please, please, please read the FAQ's and look at the letters in the library.

Good luck, and I mean it, we're here for you!

A D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]"Another charge by the Bank?"

1st Claim (Current account)

30/11/06 WON! £3146.41

2nd Claim (Mortgage charges)

27/3/07 WON! - £277

3rd Claim (Credit card charges)

14/5/07 WON! £300

4th Claim (Old account 97-99 £444)

20/4/07 Prelim sent

9/5/07 LBA sent

Can't remember now but I WON!!!

My current thread - An A-Z - My previous saga

IF THIS HAS HELPED PLEASE CLICK THE SCALES - THANK YOU.

Good luck in your claim.

HBOS Plc - £9,954.65 Received partial settlement - Court 6/12/06 default removal / compensation / declaration

MBNA - Settled in full £2,377.33

Abbey National - MoneyClaim filed 26/06/2006 £883.90

Lloyds TSB - Claim Filed 11/08/2006 £2,630.00

Egg.com - Claim Filed 11/08/2006 £1,393.60

GE Money - Claim Filed 11/08/2006 £965.22

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

Got a letter sent to me dated 11th Jan which arrived 12th Jan (just getting round to posting this now!).

It was from the Halifax and it basically said they were sorry to hear i was unhappy with the charges applied to my account and that someone had been designated the task of looking into this for me and i would be hearing from them shortly and definately within 4 weeks.

This thursday the 8th feb 2007 is the four weeks been and gone. Just wondered if anyone else had had a letter similar to this one?

Also if thursday comes and goes and i don't hear anything, then what should be my next plan of action? I think it puts me in a stronger postion as they themselves set a 4 week timescale to investigate my claim and yet they could actually fail to meet their own deadline.

Cheers in advance.

Good luck mate, I was in a similar position where I changed jobs to work from home - then it all went titsup.com and I ended up not getting paid for about 6 months, hit me hard, and the Halifax hit me even harder, despite me explaining what was going on and that I was looking for a new job.

Strangely Barclaycard were excellent and even froze interest :eek: I'm pursuing the Halifax out of principle to be honest, as my account is always in order - just that blip showed me how nasty they can be.

I too am doing this out of principal...well it started out like that.

At the time being umemployed and mortgage to pay and bills etc i was charged £250 a month for 6 months in a row and then gradually fought this. I do all banking online so the excuse for "you will be charged £30 for this letter" can't exist.

I did start this as principal as if Halifax hadn't hit me with the costly charges i would have been able to get out of the hole i was in quicker but their charges caused probably the most amount of stress at that time. They crippled me.

I am now engaged and my fiance is due our baby in may/june time. I know see it in the light that Halifax took alot of cash from me that i feel was unjustified and grossly inflated they can know give me it back and i can start married life with my family with a little bit of cash in the bank and hopefully a honeymoon! oh and i'll need to buy lots and lots of nappies!:-)

That for me is the least they can do!

Right ok here goes....Deal or No Deal??

I received post this morning from the Halifax. Basically saying i responsible for charges blah blah blah.....as a goodwill gesture....£2670....

i claimed for £4,536. i very happy witht he offer. i do need the money and although i could take this futher,my fiance does have a baby on the way (yes it is mine!!) and this money could ease some stress and a little bit of security. This may sound daft but pushing for the extra 2k seems so unimportant in my current circumstances even though 2k is alot of money to me.

For me this is Halifax admitting that although my account should incur charges as mismanagement of my account lies with me they are admitting they charged too much which is what i wanted.

I am very happy with this offer as i look forward to new and exciting times in my life. I can't thank this web site enough. Good luck to everyone and roll on the reclaiming bank charges bandwagon!