Cabot/nolans SPC Claim - Old Next CAT Debt***Claim Dismissed***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2139 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

yes state the sheriff said 4 weeks at the hearing not 4month

has there been a typo?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

great!!

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Quick Update.... Still haven't got anything more from Cabot yet.... Will they have to send me a copy ?

They didn't send me the statement from original lender, just lodged this as evidence at CMD and held to me ?

yes they must send to you.

and they

well it cant be used at that CMD

and they

Got another letter from cabot in response to my cca request....

They have sent a copy of the credit agreement, I already had this from the documents sent to me before the CMD.

They have also included a letter stating they believe the agreement to be enforceable now ?

as post 38 then..:lol:

and they

Update...

I got a statement of account from Cabot and they have added £188.85 of Legal costs to the original outstanding balance.* I'm under the impression that they can only add legal costs amounting to 10% of the balance which in this case would be approx £240 ?*

Would this be correct and should these have been added now ?

Also, got a letter from nolans with more "evidence".... they have sent me what looks like letters between Cabot and Next about purchasing the debt. ? (Assignation of the debt)

As far as I was aware this part they had already complied with ?

They also sent section 87 of the consumer credit act and have stated that no Default Notice was required in the current case as only installments under the agreement are being sought ???

What does this mean ?

Do they actually need the default notice ?

Do they need the proof of assignation of default notice ?

Stop worrying and fretting

Post 38 refers

If you wish to scan up to one multipage PDF all they have sent..please do.

and they

Update...

I got a statement of account from Cabot and they have added £188.85 of Legal costs to the original outstanding balance.* I'm under the impression that they can only add legal costs amounting to 10% of the balance which in this case would be approx £240 ?*

Would this be correct and should these have been added now ?

Why are you under the impression that only 10% can be added ? Its irrelevant anyway unless they get judgment.

Also, got a letter from nolans with more "evidence".... they have sent me what looks like letters between Cabot and Next about purchasing the debt. ? (Assignation of the debt)

As far as I was aware this part they had already complied with ?

They also sent section 87 of the consumer credit act and have stated that no Default Notice was required in the current case as only installments under the agreement are being sought ???

So £2416.82 equates to instalments ? Not the balance outstanding from the agreement which requires sections 87/88 to be complied with before they can terminate or enforce an agreement.

What does this mean ? Who knows ?

Do they actually need the default notice ? Yes

Do they need the proof of assignation of default notice ?

No

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Hi Andy / Dx

As mentioned please see the attached documents....

I have no idea where I stand now, I believe from what they are saying... they don't need a default notice ?

I don't understand why as account does show in default on credit file ?

Thanks DX, These ones are ok.....

1.pdf

2.pdf

Hi Andy,

I got the 10% from this....

What order can the sheriff make about expenses?

Once the decision on a claim has been made, the sheriff must make an order about expenses, such as:

• That no payments are to be made in respect of the expenses of any party.
  • That a payment is to be made to a party or party’s solicitor.

As a general rule, court expenses are awarded to the party who succeeds in the claim. These expenses must then be paid by the unsuccessful party.

Expenses which may be awarded to the successful party by the court include:

• The cost of any solicitor employed by the successful party.
  • Loss of wages and travelling expenses for the successful party and any witness who appeared on their behalf.

There is normally a limit on the amount of expenses which can be awarded:

• If the value of the claim is £200 or less there will normally be no award of expenses.
  • If the value of the claim is between £200 and £1500, the maximum amount of expenses which can normally be awarded by the court to the successful party is £150.
  • If the value is between £1500 and £3000, the maximum amount of expenses which can normally be awarded by the court is to the successful party is 10% of the value of the claim.

For claims where the value is between £3001 and £5000, the expenses follow the general rule that whoever is unsuccessful pays the costs of the other party. If one party has a solicitor, these expenses could be higher

http://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/taking-action/simple-procedure/simple-procedure---what-happens-in-a-disputed-case

Usual twaddle from Nolan's

They still need the dn and have lost every case here to date whereby they have failed to produce it

Their twaddle is getting quite desperate now in trying to bamboozle the sheriff with utter twaddle

And you've admitted nothing in your response form toward the debt neither assignment

Pure desperation upon Nolan's part

Getting a bit like restons in england imho

and they

Hi Andy,

I got the 10% from this....

What order can the sheriff make about expenses?

Once the decision on a claim has been made, the sheriff must make an order about expenses, such as:

• That no payments are to be made in respect of the expenses of any party.
  • That a payment is to be made to a party or party’s solicitor.

As a general rule, court expenses are awarded to the party who succeeds in the claim. These expenses must then be paid by the unsuccessful party.

Expenses which may be awarded to the successful party by the court include:

• The cost of any solicitor employed by the successful party.
  • Loss of wages and travelling expenses for the successful party and any witness who appeared on their behalf.

There is normally a limit on the amount of expenses which can be awarded:

• If the value of the claim is £200 or less there will normally be no award of expenses.
  • If the value of the claim is between £200 and £1500, the maximum amount of expenses which can normally be awarded by the court to the successful party is £150.
  • If the value is between £1500 and £3000, the maximum amount of expenses which can normally be awarded by the court is to the successful party is 10% of the value of the claim.

For claims where the value is between £3001 and £5000, the expenses follow the general rule that whoever is unsuccessful pays the costs of the other party. If one party has a solicitor, these expenses could be higher

http://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/taking-action/simple-procedure/simple-procedure---what-happens-in-a-disputed-case

Well thats with regards to any decree (Judgment) ...they can still add the full amount to your statement.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

whos saying you have 10 days to respond?

and they

IF you want to respond...

see what andyorch thinks...

most of it is utter twaddle from nolans.

IMHO you might want to point out that your response form did not say you admitted you had an agreement ..it said

It is admitted with regards to the respondent once having financial dealings with [Next Directory - original Creditor] in the past.

I do not recall any precise details or agreements and have sought verification from the claimant who has not complied with my request for further information. It is denied that I am indebted for any alleged balance claimed.

you might also wish to counter the twaddle about not needing a default notice

under section 87/88 they do.

and they

Yes you must respond and challange

I am not aware of anything in the annotated version of section 87 of the CCA1974 that they refer to and therefore you must put them to strict proof to disclose the relevant legislation.

Here is section 87 of the CCA1974...

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1974/39/part/VII/crossheading/default-notices

Here are the annotations ....

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2010/1010/contents/made

Browse through and see if you can find what they refer to within your upload (page 7) were they refer to an annotation stating that a default notice is not required if they are only claiming arrears or instalments