BankFodder BankFodder

maggipsych

defendant texting claimant's witness

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 808 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello

i have a pending action through small claims track (hearing) and have just found out that the defendant's partner sent a text to my witness asking if he had spoken to me recently!

this was followed by a few phone calls asking same witness to "just pop up and sign something".

All declined by witness.

Should I inform the hearing about this?

This isn't a criminal case where the defendant is prohibited from contacting prosecution witnesses.

If you can PROVE the defendant is trying

a) to intimidate a witness or,

b) to persuade them to alter a witness statement, then you absolutely should draw it to the court's attention.

Otherwise, it won't affect things, so don't bother.

Thank you - really helpful.

Hello

i have a pending action through small claims track (hearing) and have just found out that the defendant's partner sent a text to my witness asking if he had spoken to me recently!

this was followed by a few phone calls asking same witness to "just pop up and sign something".

All declined by witness.

Should I inform the hearing about this?

There is no property in a witness in a civil claim like yours so you can't stop either party contacting a witness.

many thanks - again helpful to me!