Am I entitled to the free gift from my phone contract?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2258 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I got out a Carphone Warehouse contract on 14th of December 2017 after much haggling over prices. I called back after ordering it to find out if I am entitled to the free gift as I realised it wasn't mentioned when I took out the contract on the phone. I was assured I would get one sent with the Samsung phone (Free Samsung Gear VR offer).

When the phone arrived, no free gift. I called up and was given a link to Samsung gift page to redeem the gift, I tested this out on the phone and the link was expired back in November and I told them this. They then told me it would be sent out on 28th (2 weeks after my contract started). It's been over 4 weeks and no sign of it and the offer has now changed to a watch instead.

Do they legally owe me this free gift? Or is it their discretion whether or not I should receive it? I factored it into the price of the contract when choosing between two companies. I feel that they have intentionally been fobbing me off just to push me past the 14 day cooling off period.

Ah thanks. I wasn't 100% sure as I took the contract out on the phone where the gift wasn't mentioned, although they did confirm it later that day after I already agreed to the contract.

I called them and they can see that I've called "numerous amounts of times", and can see I should be getting one. I spent literally 6 minutes on hold, and then was told they're looking into it, and to expect to hear from them in 4 days.

With the free gifts from these phone and tv contracts i have had,i have usually had to wait and claim them after having paid a number of months of the contract.I do not know if yours is the same sort of contract.

free gifts are part of the contract as they make up part of the terms you considered when accepting the offer. In legal terms it isnt a free gift so all of your consumer rights apply. That means you are entitled to receive what you were offered ( you are very vague on this point so do tell us what it was for more pointed advice) and that it must work etc.