BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• I think that rather than right, you should first of all telephone. However read our customer services guide. Implement the advice there. Then telephone and have a conversation which leads round to the loan and whatever agreement there might have been to repay. Get it recorded. Then write to him and asked him to confirm the telephone conversation. If he confirms it then you are on your way. If he doesn't confirm it or denies it then it becomes even more interesting and I think that you will properly have you more leverage. You say that you believe that you lent the money to the company and that the company has now sold. As long as the company has been sold and not dissolved then the loan to the company is still current and the company debt to you is still current. I think the first senior to do is to get the evidence – and I think you should follow the advice that I have given. The fact that the person has stopped contacting you is extremely troubling. The fact that the company ownership was transferred is even more troubling and so I think that you are dealing with somebody who is trying to be slippery about this – and so your way forward is clearly that you also have to act it in a slippery way. Come back here when you got the evidence and we will help you to the next step
    • Met usually use ANPR and get the timings massively wrong so they will be timed out. they must have used CCTV to watch the vehicle occupants "leave" and this is probably a breach of the GDPR as it wont be one of the specified reasons on their licence to spy on people so will breach protocols 1, 2 , 3 and possibly others in the list of the 8 main protocols of data protection.   It also breached the POFA as the timings are wrong so no keeper liability anyway.   The wording they use refers to the liklihood of the issuing of a NTD and thet never happened so the 56 day limit isnt applicable. My advice? ignore them as they rarely do court because they know they are incompetent
    • sorry, I meant to say UNLESS  so yes my answer reads the wrong way round
    • the terms in the contract will in many cases be unfair and thus you will be entitled to the bonus and there is case law on this. However, it is not a simple matter to resolve as it will have to take into account what the contract says and what the normal practice and expectations are for the bonus scheme. For example, Jhn Lewis pays out to anyone employed there on the relevant date so leave the day before and you lose out becasue it is a partnership and you would no longer be a partner. No schemes that withold bonuses until a certain time of the year MAY have to pay out but if your bonus is for the quarter that your resignation fell in then probably not. If it was for say Oct-Dec then you will ahve fulfilled the requirements of a qualifying period regardless of the contract saying no bonus and would more than likely be successful in a claim to recover such monies. A scheme that has been running for soem time would be part of yoru contract even if there is nothing specific included in your paperwork as it becomes implied as part of the conditions you agreed to when joining to co and staying there.   i know this doesnt give you a definite answer but hopefully makes it a little easier to see how your situation may work out
    • You have a big problem and that is proving the debt. for a debt to be created there must be an agreement that the money will be repaid, how and in what time frame. As far as the law goes you either gifted the money or loaned it in a way where you cant take civil action to recover it because there are no explicit terms. Now the BUSINESS doe owe you £2k and the debt will have passed on to the new owners but you still cant take steps to recover the money other than to ask the new business owners for it. They may deny the debt and you will be impossibly placed to prove it because there is nothing in writing. Proof of money transfer doesnt prove the debt exists nor how it should be repaid even if it did. you will lose a court claim due to the lack of paperwork showing how and when the repayment should take place. Sorry for your predicament but you are where you are
  • Our picks

Jayden1994

Congestion Charge PCN on newly purchased car

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 525 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi all,

Wondered if anyone could help.

I recently purchased a new vehicle and had driven over Waterloo Bridge during the congestion charge times

forgot that the vehicle was not registered on CC autopay after driving my previous vehicle for so long which had been registered on autopay for a long time.

I received no warning letters nor a bill for the congestion charge simply a £65 PCN straight away.

I understand I messed up by forgetting to set up the autopay on the new car but obviously not everyone is on top of their game 24/7.

Is there any way around this or to appeal it in anyway?

Any advice/clarification would be appreciated.

Thank you

Regards

I doubt it. sadly

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, the whole DCA industry would collapse overnight.

How recent is 'recently purchased'?

It is worth writing to them enclosing details of your previous autopay history, especially as you say this has been running for a long time and if the answer to the above is only a few days, asking for a reduction in the PCN to the normal charge. I assume that you now have the autopay for the new car up and running, so quote that reference too.

You have nothing to lose (other than a stamp) and you may find that they understand the situation and will agree to doing so.

My time as a Police Officer and subsequently time working within the Motor Trade gives me certain insights into the problems that consumers may encounter.

I have no legal qualifications.

If you have found my post helpful, please enhance my reputation by clicking on the Heart. Thank you

Recently purchase being a month ago but I haven’t gone into London with it let alone a CC zone hence why I slipped up but yea I will just be honest with them and ask for a chance to rectify the situation considering my previous excellent record with auto payments within the CC zone etc. Thank you guys. If anyone else has any ideas or suggestions I’d love to hear them.

Regards

Worth a shot but I fear that as seen as its been issued I dont really fancy your chances.

But like I Say its worth a shot.

always worth asking as you have nothing to lose. I hope you have set up the autopay now so they can look it up on their system and know that you are at least telling the truth

I'll still give it a shot then. Yes I set up autopay before posting this thread. Thanks to everyone for the advice so far.

Hi Mr Green, I appreciate the link and I guess you are telling me to request the same from TFL as Mr Bianco did? From reading through it a couple times I don't exactly understand what the situation was... Excuse my inexperience in these matters. Any chance for some clarification?

click on the link in that letter and you get a govt Q&A bit.

Ok, I think I'm following. I need to submit an information request to the TFL so that they can disclose whatever routes I can take to appeal this PCN? Is that correct? Its quite a bit of information for someone inexperienced to take in...

No, someone else has already done that.

go to the TfL web site and read the last part of ther grounds for appealing a penalty charge.

You will see that there are 6 reasons and also a mitigation factor that is discretionary.

That is whay you are appealing, say what has happened and ask them to cancel the chareg this itme, you have sorted out the new car payment etc

https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/congestion-charge/penalties-and-enforcement/challenge-a-penalty-charge/make-a-representation

send it via your selected method in good time.

Ok I'll give it a shot. If I do appeal and it is rejected for whatever reason will I lose the discounted payment they are offering me for £65 if I pay within 14 days?

Thanks again.

If I do appeal and it is rejected for whatever reason will I lose the discounted payment they are offering me for £65 if I pay within 14 days?

On the link ericsbrother posted it says this:

"When we receive your representation the PCN will be frozen at the relevant amount that is outstanding at that time. It will remain frozen until we have completed our investigation and written back to you with our reply"

Ok thank you.

I have until the 24th to submit my appeal so I will do so within reasonable time before then.

I will be entirely honest and explain what happened and explain how I have always paid my CC immediately through auto-pay etc and hope that the individual on the receiving end is understanding...

Just submitted my appeal based on mitigating circumstances and explained everything we've discussed within this thread. Will keep the thread updated with the outcome for anyone interested.

Thanks again to all who chipped in.

good luck, it could go either way but you cant lose anything.

Yep as expected it was rejected on standard grounds that I should have remembered to call in and pay etc, they disregarded my previous good history with them. Thanks anyways all.

Can I ask?

When they rejected it, did they send you a pack?

Did they say you will be notified of the decision by the TEC ?

It’s all so confusing.

My son did not receive the paper work( due to my not having a permanent address ) ,

and also the car was scrapped shortly after the incident.

He was eventually notified by phone from debt agency,

which hadn’t helped as my son is currently under a mental health unit.

If I had known sooner I would have just paid, but I genuinely didn’t.

I’m trying to sort this out and I’m hapot to pay but I can’t pay £600.

I don’t know what to do.

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

better to start a new thread

of you own please

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, the whole DCA industry would collapse overnight.