Congestion Charge PCN on newly purchased car

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1977 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Wondered if anyone could help.

I recently purchased a new vehicle and had driven over Waterloo Bridge during the congestion charge times

forgot that the vehicle was not registered on CC autopay after driving my previous vehicle for so long which had been registered on autopay for a long time.

I received no warning letters nor a bill for the congestion charge simply a £65 PCN straight away.

I understand I messed up by forgetting to set up the autopay on the new car but obviously not everyone is on top of their game 24/7.

Is there any way around this or to appeal it in anyway?

Any advice/clarification would be appreciated.

Thank you

Regards

I doubt it. sadly

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

How recent is 'recently purchased'?

It is worth writing to them enclosing details of your previous autopay history, especially as you say this has been running for a long time and if the answer to the above is only a few days, asking for a reduction in the PCN to the normal charge. I assume that you now have the autopay for the new car up and running, so quote that reference too.

You have nothing to lose (other than a stamp) and you may find that they understand the situation and will agree to doing so.

My time as a Police Officer and subsequently time working within the Motor Trade gives me certain insights into the problems that consumers may encounter.

I have no legal qualifications.

If you have found my post helpful, please enhance my reputation by clicking on the Heart. Thank you

Recently purchase being a month ago but I haven’t gone into London with it let alone a CC zone hence why I slipped up but yea I will just be honest with them and ask for a chance to rectify the situation considering my previous excellent record with auto payments within the CC zone etc. Thank you guys. If anyone else has any ideas or suggestions I’d love to hear them.

Regards

I'll still give it a shot then. Yes I set up autopay before posting this thread. Thanks to everyone for the advice so far.

Hi Mr Green, I appreciate the link and I guess you are telling me to request the same from TFL as Mr Bianco did? From reading through it a couple times I don't exactly understand what the situation was... Excuse my inexperience in these matters. Any chance for some clarification?

Ok, I think I'm following. I need to submit an information request to the TFL so that they can disclose whatever routes I can take to appeal this PCN? Is that correct? Its quite a bit of information for someone inexperienced to take in...

No, someone else has already done that.

go to the TfL web site and read the last part of ther grounds for appealing a penalty charge.

You will see that there are 6 reasons and also a mitigation factor that is discretionary.

That is whay you are appealing, say what has happened and ask them to cancel the chareg this itme, you have sorted out the new car payment etc

https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/congestion-charge/penalties-and-enforcement/challenge-a-penalty-charge/make-a-representation

send it via your selected method in good time.

If I do appeal and it is rejected for whatever reason will I lose the discounted payment they are offering me for £65 if I pay within 14 days?

On the link ericsbrother posted it says this:

"When we receive your representation the PCN will be frozen at the relevant amount that is outstanding at that time. It will remain frozen until we have completed our investigation and written back to you with our reply"

Ok thank you.

I have until the 24th to submit my appeal so I will do so within reasonable time before then.

I will be entirely honest and explain what happened and explain how I have always paid my CC immediately through auto-pay etc and hope that the individual on the receiving end is understanding...

Just submitted my appeal based on mitigating circumstances and explained everything we've discussed within this thread. Will keep the thread updated with the outcome for anyone interested.

Thanks again to all who chipped in.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Can I ask?

When they rejected it, did they send you a pack?

Did they say you will be notified of the decision by the TEC ?

It’s all so confusing.

My son did not receive the paper work( due to my not having a permanent address ) ,

and also the car was scrapped shortly after the incident.

He was eventually notified by phone from debt agency,

which hadn’t helped as my son is currently under a mental health unit.

If I had known sooner I would have just paid, but I genuinely didn’t.

I’m trying to sort this out and I’m hapot to pay but I can’t pay £600.

I don’t know what to do.

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

better to start a new thread

of you own please

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...