PCN Parking Eye Pipeworks Swadlincote Cinema

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2294 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Last week my husband took the children and an elderly relative for a bite to eat and to the cinema.

After entering the car park it took him a while to find a suitable parking space big enough to get our elderly relative out the car and also get our son out of his car seat. They then went to get some food, went to the cinema, returned to the car and left the car park.

Today we have received a pcn from parkingeye saying that we were allowed a maximum of 3 hours but the time from entering to exiting the carpark was 3 hours and 16 mins.

In all honesty he didn’t actually realise that there was a 3 hour limit and due to him spending most of the time in the cinema we were quite surprised as some films can be 2 1/2hr plus long, not including purchasing tickets etc.

is there anything we can do or should we just pay the parking chargelink3.gif?

Edited by honeybee13
Paras

Hello and welcome to CAG.

We have an aversion to telling people to pay parking charges, there's every chance you won't have to. :) Please bear with us until the experts can get here, they'll advise you.

I've popped a couple of paragraphs into your post to make it a bit easier for the guys to read.

Best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Hi and welcome,

I have had a look on streetview and the site has quite a few signs however the sign at the entrance is quite small and can easily be missed. It's quite important to know what time your visit was and if anyone has a disabled badge. The BPA code of practice does state that disabled vehicles should not be ticketed but as this was an ANPR site PE wouldn't know so if there is a badge send a copy to PE and see if they follow the rules.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

For tickets received through the post (Notice to Keeper) please answer the following questions.

1 Date of the infringement - 03/01/2018

2 Date on the NTK - 09/01/2018

3 Date received - 11/01/18

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? Yes

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? Yes

6 Have you appealed? No

Have you had a response? N/a

7 Who is the parking company? Parking Eye

For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under.

There are two official bodies, the BPA and the IAS. If you are unsure, please check here

BPA

If you have received any other correspondence, please mention it here

We have the exact time we entered the car park and we do have a disabled badge.

tell us what time you entered an exited the car park. this is crucial so dont hold back on anything.

I also note that their different signs all say different things so it begs the question which bit is the contract you saw and considered? probably none of it but that is another argument.

Hi and welcome,

I The BPA code of practice does state that disabled vehicles should not be ticketed but as this was an ANPR site PE wouldn't know so if there is a badge send a copy to PE and see if they follow the rules.

Under pressure I believe from parking operators, the non ticketing of disabled motorists was cancelled which allows the crooked companies to make more money out of

the disabled. If you look at page 9 of the AOS code of conduct for 2015 the bit about non ticketing has been deleted.

http://www.britishparking.co.uk/write/Documents/AOS_Code_of_Practice_October_2015_update_V6..pdf

Under pressure I believe from parking operators, the non ticketing of disabled motorists was cancelled which allows the crooked companies to make more money out of

the disabled. If you look at page 9 of the AOS code of conduct for 2015 the bit about non ticketing has been deleted.

http://www.britishparking.co.uk/write/Documents/AOS_Code_of_Practice_October_2015_update_V6..pdf

Well colour me confused!! I think you may be right. I had no idea the BPA code had changed. Shame on them.

As this was only 16 minutes over time and in actual fact it is only 6 minutes as they haven't included the grace period of 10 minutes, they really should cancel this ticket but of course they won't.

POPLA only deal with facts and not mitigating circumstances. Without seeing the site clearly, I would assume that the landowners have included disabled spaces and due to that, the Equalities Act comes into play and PE should do the right thing. Sites that have disabled facilities must allow extra time so that the elderly/disabled are not discriminated against.

I would appeal to PE just to get the POPLA code. Appeal to POPLA and use the law.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE