Voluntary work and esa

Lostcrown
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2293 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

In theory, you can do voluntary work whilst on ESA. In practice, it is likely to be taken into account when you are re-assessed so it really depends on the nature of the work. There's a huge difference between being able to do an hour every so often sorting clothing for a charity shop and working one day a week for CAB, for example. You may find that being able to do any voluntary work suggests that you shouldn't be in the support group since this is for being 'not fit for work related activity'. You must also ensure that whatever work you're doing doesn't contradict the ESA or PIP assessment findings, for example, litter picking in the local park if you're not able to walk more than 50 metres might need some explanation.

For most people doing some voluntary work is likely to be good for them, so I'm not trying to discourage you, just warning of some potential pitfalls. Without knowing what you've been awarded ESA and PIP for and what the work it, it's impossible to even guess what DWP might think.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

In theory, you can do voluntary work whilst on ESA. In practice, it is likely to be taken into account when you are re-assessed so it really depends on the nature of the work. There's a huge difference between being able to do an hour every so often sorting clothing for a charity shop and working one day a week for CAB, for example. You may find that being able to do any voluntary work suggests that you shouldn't be in the support group since this is for being 'not fit for work-related activity'. You must also ensure that whatever work you're doing doesn't contradict the ESA or PIP assessment findings, for example, litter picking in the local park if you're not able to walk more than 50 metres might need some explanation.

For most people doing some voluntary work is likely to be good for them, so I'm not trying to discourage you, just warning of some potential pitfalls. Without knowing what you've been awarded ESA and PIP for and what the work it, it's impossible to even guess what DWP might think.

+1 RMW Like waving that red flag to a bull comes to mind here, why to make things more difficult for yourself than you need to,?

The DWP and establishment are not our freind and never have been After the fight i have had to endure just to get a ESA award theres no way that i would be jepodising it,by declaring that i can do any kind of work, regardless if it was paid or unpaid even in kind