• Tweets

• Our picks

• Hermes lost parcel.. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422615-hermes-lost-parcel/
      • 49 replies
    • Oven repair. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/427690-oven-repair/&do=findComment&comment=5073391
      • 49 replies
    • I came across this discussion recently and just wanted to give my experience of A Shade Greener that may help others regarding their boiler finance agreement.

We had a 10yr  finance contract for a boiler fitted July 2015.

After a summer of discontent with ASG I discovered that if you have paid HALF the agreement or more you can legally return the boiler to them at no cost to yourself. I've just returned mine the feeling is liberating.

It all started mid summer during lockdown when they refused to service our boiler because we didn't have a loft ladder or flooring installed despite the fact AS installed the boiler. and had previosuly serviced it without issue for 4yrs. After consulting with an independent installer I was informed that if this was the case then ASG had breached building regulations,  this was duly reported to Gas Safe to investigate and even then ASG refused to accept blame and repeatedly said it was my problem. Anyway Gas Safe found them in breach of building regs and a compromise was reached.

A month later and ASG attended to service our boiler but in the process left the boiler unusuable as it kept losing pressure not to mention they had damaged the filling loop in the process which they said was my responsibilty not theres and would charge me to repair, so generous of them! Soon after reporting the fault I got a letter stating it was time we arranged a powerflush on our heating system which they make you do after 5 years even though there's nothing in the contract that states this. Coincidence?

After a few heated exchanges with ASG (pardon the pun) I decided to pull the plug and cancel our agreement.

The boiler was removed and replaced by a reputable installer,  and the old boiler was returned to ASG thus ending our contract with them. What's mad is I saved in excess of £1000 in the long run and got a new boiler with a brand new 12yr warranty. 

You only have to look at TrustPilot to get an idea of what this company is like.

• Thanks
      • 3 replies
    • Dazza a few months ago I discovered a good friend of mine who had ten debts with cards and catalogues which he was slavishly paying off at detriment to his own family quality of life, and I mean hardship, not just absence of second holidays or flat screen TV's.

I wrote to all his creditors asking for supporting documents and not one could provide any material that would allow them to enforce the debt.

As a result he stopped paying and they have been unable to do anything, one even admitted it was unenforceable.

If circumstances have got to the point where you are finding it unmanageable you must ask yourself why you feel the need to pay.  I guarantee you that these companies have built bad debt into their business model and no one over there is losing any sleep over your debt to them!  They will see you as a victim and cash cow and they will be reluctant to discuss final offers, only ways to keep you paying with threats of court action or seizing your assets if you have any.

They are not your friends and you owe them no loyalty or moral duty, that must remain only for yourself and your family.

If it was me I would send them all a CCA request.   I would bet that not one will provide the correct response and you can quite legally stop paying them until such time as they do provide a response.   Even when they do you should check back here as they mostly send dodgy photo copies or generic rubbish that has no connection with your supposed debt.

The money you are paying them should, as far as you are able, be put to a savings account for yourself and as a means of paying of one of these fleecers should they ever manage to get to to the point of a successful court judgement.  After six years they will not be able to start court action and that money will then become yours.

They will of course pursue you for the funds and pass your file around various departments of their business and out to third parties.

Your response is that you should treat it as a hobby.  I have numerous files of correspondence each faithfully organised showing the various letters from different DCA;s , solicitors etc with a mix of threats, inducements and offers.   It is like my stamp collection and I show it to anyone who is interested!
        • Thanks

sherrif officers council tax charge for payment of money

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1014 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi, I have a letter delivered through letterbox by sheriff officers.

I have c/tax arrears close to 5k during period wife was terminally ill.

The letter is a CHARGE FOR PAYMENT OF MONEY from Stirling park.

After wife passed away 3 years ago it has taken me that time to earn almost a full-time income at the minimum hourly rate.

I also have a part-time self-employed income.

My mortgage was in high arrears but I have been paying £50 extra to mortgage for the 3 years and paid every month, so arrears coming down.

I wrote recently to Stirling Park offering £50 a month with a review in every 6 months as my income increased or not.

They wanted me to call them to discuss it.

However, I crapped out of that as I had heard stories of how you have to tell them where you work, bank details etc and how folk had wages arrested.

I really do want to pay this debt off,

however,

my house has negative equity due to the slump since 2008.

if they have my bank details and arrest my wages.

I miss the mortgage and they will seize the house.

They have been absolute unfair with me.

How can I get a deal with them without giving my bank and employer etc?

Also,

I have a car on finance through a high-interest company

so the remainder of the balance is higher than car value but I need it to get to work.

Can they seize my car or items on finance?

My payment record with mortgage and car over last 2 years is good with all months paid to show I can pay with an arrangement I can afford.

Anyone got accurate advice on this.

If I lose car-I'm screwed.

If the house is repossessed I lose thousands, increasing my debt.

I have absolutely no equity whatsoever.

All the furniture in my house is a wreck.

To make matters worse.

The job I am in would sack me if I had an arrestment.

It's a job of trust I have served well.

Not dealing with money but a job of trust all the same.

contact the council directly whom you owe the CTAX money too.

tell the your story and that you are in dire straights.

you need to be pro active on this

as the sheriff officers WILL arrest your wages/bank account by hook or by crook

who's the council?

and how long has this CTAX not been paid?

are you getting all the benefits you are entitled too as well.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

well I can say nothing more than my last post

you need to get this sorted.

have you check your are not entitled to any benefits etc grants etc?

entitled.to is a good site.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Contact your local elected councillor immediately, details should be on the web. Email and phone. Also copy in the local elected head

Of council.

Several threads here over the last month illustrating how they have stopped this type of action. In my situation they stepped in immediately to prevent an AOE!

Also the elephant in the room here. Have you been claiming your single person’s rebate. If not they will owe you money and you have every right to claim for it!

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I'm working lots of night shifts so I can do all this on Monday.

I'm working very long hours nights.

Question is

-Do I have to reveal my bank details and employment details to the council or Stirling Park??

And the other question that's important because I live in a very rural area and have to travel far to work.

CAn they seize my car if its still under finance and worth less than what I owe?

no and no

but they can force you too via the court

you are in Scotland

its not like down south

they don't do things like seize cars etc.

but they can and WILL arrest your wages and bank account and you wont know about it till it happens.

but as this seems to be a historic debt, that would already of happened by now if they wanted too.

sorry but delaying this by another 5 days might be your downfall

if you can type here

you can use your phone

go ring the council NOW.

and they

read the post I made

and they

the last time I tried to speak to council about payment plan

they told me they would only discuss it if I was making a payment that day.

I didn't have money on me then and they also wanted all my work and bank details.

do as post 5

dx

and they

To repeat,

I am assuming you have been living alone?

If so you are entitled to the single person 25% discount.

This could add up to thousands of pounds over the years that could be taken off your debt!

If you haven’t claimed this,

call the council ASAP Monday.

They might even owe you money?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread