Jump to content

Working Tax credit

the tinkerman

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1678 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts



Was wondering if anyone could answer this question for a friend of mine please,


She was off work ill for 28 weeks so informed tax credits hence her WTC was stopped,


but since she has now gone back to work and has been back approx 3 months but had to go off sick again,


will she have to to inform tax credits again or not.

Link to post
Share on other sites

AFAIK yes. Why not ring them and ask, check their website, read their information letter?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!



Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think she has to tell them, she's been back at work, this is a separate occasion. The Tax Credit Manual just says the following:


A person is treated as being engaged in qualifying remunerative work for any period during which they are paid any of the following


  • Statutory Sick Pay
  • short-term Incapacity Benefit, at the lower rate under Section 30A to 30E of the Social Security Contributions and Benefits Act 1992
  • Income Support (IS), on the grounds of incapacity for work under paragraphs 7 and 14 of Schedule 1B to the IS (General) Regulations 1987
  • Employment and Support Allowance (ESA), on the grounds of limited capability for work under Part 1 of the Welfare Reform Act

or receive


  • National Insurance credits, on the grounds of either incapacity or limited capability for work under regulation 8B of the Social Security (Credits) Regulations 1975.

The person must have been engaged in qualifying remunerative work immediately before the beginning of the period.

If the person is paid IS or ESA or receives National Insurance credits they’re treated as being engaged in remunerative work for a period of 28 weeks only. This period begins with the day on which they’re paid IS or ESA or receive National Insurance credits.

Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...