style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2271 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey there guys.....

I hope im posting in the right place and that maybe somebody can help me, im kinda going out my mind now.

I wont bore you with a full history but i will sumarize briefly,

January 2017 my wife and I where taken to court for non payment of council tax,

we was given a liability order and it was passed on to rundles enforcement agency for collection of payment.

We made a payment agreement with them but due to being made homeless and a situation beyond out control we never kept up with the payment.

In November 2017 rundles made contact again by sending us a "PRIOR NOTICE OF INTENDED PROCEEDINGS" letter,

we made contact and agreed to a weekly payment plan,

we made the first 3 weeks payments.

On December 18th we called them and asked if we could defer payment for 2 weeks as i was receiving no wages and start payment again on the 4th January, they told us we couldn't and it was tough luck.

Unfortunately we couldn't make the 2 payments like we told them but did do as we promised and made a payment last Thursday 4th january.

The day after my wife and I received a text from rundles asking us to contact their agent urgently and provided us with a mobile number for him,

we called immediately

he advised he was on annual leave until today (8th January) and to call back then.

We also contacted rundles head office but they would not talk to us as it had been passed to an agent and said we would need to call him monday.

We called the agent

he has said that unless we pay the full £426 by tomorrow (9th January) 12:00 he will have to come round and seize goods,

i advised him we dont have that money upfront but can reinstate the original weekly payment

he said no,

we told him that due to being in temporary emergency accommodation we don't have any of our own goods in the property that he could take.

He has said that if he cant get in or seize goods then we will be getting a commital referral tomorrow,

something like that,

he is using a lot of big confusing words and i dont know what to think.

Can anyone advise what my next steps should be

how to handle tomorrow,

is it possible my wife and I could be arrested tomorrow or is he trying to scare us?

If i contact my local council tomorrow is there anyway i could get them to stop this and take back debt?

Any advice at all would be great guys.

of course you do know he is bluffing.

he cant force entry nor put anyone 'in prison'

best idea is ring the council concerned.

were they the ones that put you in the emergency home..do they know?

as this sounds like you are extremely vulnerable too.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

We called the agent he has said that unless we pay the full £426 by tomorrow (9th January) 12:00 he will have to come round and seize goods.

I advised him we dont have that money upfront but can reinstate the original weekly payment he said no,

We told him that due to being in temporary emergency accommodation we don't have any of our own goods in the property that he could take.

He has said that if he cant get in or seize goods then we will be getting a commital referral tomorrow, something like that,

Can anyone advise what my next steps should be, how to handle tomorrow, is it possible my wife and I could be arrested tomorrow or is he trying to scare us?

If i contact my local council tomorrow is there anyway i could get them to stop this and take back debt?

What you were told is not right at all. Neither of you will be arrested and there will not be any committal referral. I will respond in more detail later this evening.

Typical Rundles, Contact the council and a local councillor tell them that you are homeless and being threatened with prison for a Council Tax LO by a bailiff who is uttering threats of actions he cannot lawfully carry out.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

As above,

See how may threads there have been in the last month, where the local councillor has stopped this dead in it's tracks. I always say contact the local head of the council too for good measure.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread