BankFodder BankFodder

Halibutt

PPI and acknowledgement of debt

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 826 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi, just a quickie...

Is a PPI claim construed as an admission of liability on an account?

Less than the 6 years for Statute Barred, so would that set a company back chasing? They don't have the original "wet" agreement and so can't (at the moment) take this to court as it was before April 2007.

Any advice gratefully received.

Thanks

H. x

Please note, I am not professionally qualified in legal matters. Should you have any doubts, you should contact a legal expert.

However, I can and will help with matters regarding payroll as I am fully qualified.

If I've helped in any way, you're welcome to click on my "star" and thanks, but I gain the most satisfaction simply by helping/reassuring :O)

no

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, the whole DCA industry would collapse overnight.

Thanks for your usual succinct reponse DX. Much appreciated. In that case, nothing to lose with a PPI claim, so off to the post office with a letter this afternoon!

You're a great help as always. Thanks :)

Please note, I am not professionally qualified in legal matters. Should you have any doubts, you should contact a legal expert.

However, I can and will help with matters regarding payroll as I am fully qualified.

If I've helped in any way, you're welcome to click on my "star" and thanks, but I gain the most satisfaction simply by helping/reassuring :O)

why just a speculative letter..you'll get fobbed off

you should be using the FOS questionnaire...

the biggest financial industry in the UK, the whole DCA industry would collapse overnight.

Already had an admission from them that PPI was charged to the loan. That was through a speculative thing through "The Claims Guys." Thought I'd get someone else to do the footwork before claiming in person - no point in giving them 36% of any claim.

I'll be using the letter that I put together using CAG advice which got me a refund of £4,700 from RBS a couple of years ago... ;)

Thanks again.

H. x

so how do you know the reclaim will be the correct sum?

Worked it out using the spreadsheet thing on CAG and had a friend check my calculations (I'm not great with figures). If they offer anything less than I've calculated, I'll contest it. If they offer more, then I'll accept.

Again, many thanks for your help :)

H. x