BankFodder BankFodder

xlr8r_y2k

Cabot / Resolvecall re Mint Card debt

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 815 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi, I have been receiving letters from Cabot regarding an old Mint credit card debt which I defaulted on in 2010,

I made payments on this to Oct 2013 through a DMP with CCCS/Stepchange

but unfortunately was made redundant and was unable to continue with my DMP.

I am not sure at what stage Cabot got involved but I have not had any contact with the directly, their letters have included various discount options for payment.

Today I received a letter from them saying as they have been unable to contact me they are instructing ResolveCall to visit to put me back in contact with them and I am worried about this person calling.

Any advice on how to proceed would be appreciated.

Ignore them. completely. They cant do anything. Only deal with cabot if they try court action, and its likely they wont.

Why ar eyou worried anyway? They have no rights. if ANYONE comes to your house tell them to F.O in whatever way you like

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Thanks, thats what I thought, I am really only worried about my wife having to deal with them if they called - shes not as scary looking as me lol

have you moved since you took this card out

or have moved since you last updated stepchange of any address change

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, the whole DCA industry would collapse overnight.

hi dx100uk, nope been at the same address since 2000.

I'd wait to see if cabot try anything tbh. ANy sign of legal action, you can start chasing up paperwork etc. Cabot dont enforce legit debts and pretty much all their CC debts have no paperwork or are full of unlawful charges.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

ok so no backdoor CCJ danger then.

well resolve call are totally powerless

just like any DCA they are NOT BAILIFFS.

if they are offering discounts

then theres £100's more to be added to that figure by reclaiming penalty charges/PPI direct from the OC.

got all the statements..

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, the whole DCA industry would collapse overnight.

thanks for the advice, I'll wait and see what happens, thanks for the prompt responses guys. Any updates I'll post on this thread.

Send a SAR to the OC. go get all those charges and unlawful fees back

I had ResolveCall sent to my address by crabot a few years back - I solved the problem by not answering the door to people i don't know - Found out it was them as they put a note through, saying that they had called round.