• Tweets

• I’ve been getting debit collection letters from a number of diffrent companies but I don’t recognise any of them. So I signed up to one of the credit rating agencies to find out who I owed money to. But that didn’t help. It just lists the debit collection company and the amounts they say I owe them. The amounts are staggering. now I was caught out once before by a debit collection agency saying I owed money but not who to and I just paid it. It wasn’t till after this that I found out that some agencies just send letters demanding payment for a nonexistent debit. On my credit report it says I owe money to the debit collection agent but there are no records of any original debit. no unpaid loans or credit cards.  so what do I do? I had a serious brain injury so I have memory problems and some untreatable mental illness. Thanks for taking the time to read this.
    • Hi, I’m sorry I haven’t replied sooner and that I wasn’t clearer. The situation is this.  I had a pay as you go sim and wanted to change to a VOXI pay monthly account. the guy on the phone said I’d need a new sim that would be a standard pay monthly sim. He told me that once I got the sim then I could call and have it put on a VOXI account. So. I agreed but at some point in the,long conversation after he ordered the new sim he said that infact I didn’t need a new sim and could just change my pay as you go sim into a VOXI sim. so he did that. I assumed that that was the end of the matter. I had done what I set out to do. And didn’t think about the ‘new’ sim because it was not needed. I assumed he had canceled it because it was not needed. then in January I get a letter saying I was behind on my phone bill. so I called them and that’s when I found out the ‘new’ sim had been ordered but never arrived .
    • Demand for uniforms, computers and household accessories rose after plans to ease lockdown were published. View the full article
    • Hi    Thank you for answering my questions.   As you have not contacted Goskippy about AX stating they were acting on there behalf you need to contact Goskippy urgently and ask them to verify that AX are acting on there behalf. (you need to know if what AX stated is correct)
    • His personal wealth soared as the video conferencing platform became a household name during the pandemic. View the full article
  • Our picks

• Ebay Packlink and Hermes - destroyed item as it was "damaged". https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/430396-ebay-packlink-and-hermes-destroyed-item-as-it-was-damaged/&do=findComment&comment=5087347
      • 27 replies
    • I sent in the bailiffs to the BBC. They collected £350. It made me smile.
        • Haha
    • Hi @BankFodder
      Sorry for only updating you now, but after your guidance with submitting the claim it was pretty straight forward and I didn't want to unnecessarily waste your time. Especially with this guide you wrote here, so many thanks for that
      So I issued the claim on day 15 and they requested more time to respond.
      They took until the last day to respond and denied the claim, unsurprisingly saying my contract was with Packlink and not with them.

I opted for mediation, and it played out very similarly to other people's experiences.

In the first call I outlined my case, and I referred to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 as the reason to why I do in fact have a contract with them. 

In the second call the mediator came back with an offer of the full amount of the phone and postage £146.93, but not the court costs. I said I was not willing to accept this and the mediator came across as a bit irritated that I would not accept this and said I should be flexible. I insisted that the law was on my side and I was willing to take them to court. The mediator went back to Hermes with what I said.

In the third call the mediator said that they would offer the full amount. However, he said that Hermes still thought that I should have taken the case against Packlink instead, and that they would try to recover the court costs themselves from Packlink.

To be fair to them, if Packlink wasn't based in Spain I would've made the claim against them instead. But since they are overseas and the law lets me take action against Hermes directly, it's the best way of trying to recover the money.

So this is a great win. Thank you so much for your help and all of the resources available on this site. It has helped me so much especially as someone who does not know anything about making money claims.

Many thanks, stay safe and have a good Christmas!

• Thanks
    • Hermes and mediation hints. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428981-hermes-and-mediation-hints/&do=findComment&comment=5080003
      • 1 reply
  • Recommended Topics

Audi Finance. Balance payment & default

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1165 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi

New to the site and would be grateful for anyones help here.

Myself and my brother both have an Audi lease agreement.

Both business PCP deals.

Term ends on both cars tomorrow.

I have just found out yesterday after contacting Audi Finance that the balloon payment of £24.95k plus admin x 2 will be leaving our account tomorrow.

circa 50k.

We have today handed the cars back as agreed and taken out a new deal / car each.

New cars / deal do not start until March 2018.

Unfortunately the Audi garage we deal with had not informed us that we had to contact the finance company and clarify that we would be returning the vehicles, and stop the balance payment due.

The guy at Audi who got us the deal says Audi finance should have contacted myself detailing what we had to do with regards to the current deals.

Audi could not stop the payments due to leave our account on the 30th, too close to DD date.

I have also been told today that they will try take the payment again in 10 days time and if

not paid it will default.

I was also told by the same gentlemen at Audi finance that there is nothing else I can do.

After default it will affect our credit rating.

Obviously I do not want to make payment as we had secured a new deal + cars returned.

We also do not have the money to cover the payment. Nor can we make full payment.

Does anyone know what Audi do after default?

Has anyone any experience of this sort of situation?

i am not concerned about the credit rating affect upon the business nor am

I concerned with losing the next car /deal agreed. (deposit paid and likely gone)

My concern is the procedure of what Audi may do after default.

Regards

pers i'd goto your interweb banking site and cancel the DD's yourself

then let audi/audi finance argue it amongst themselves

they cant immediately default you either

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

if the DD has been cancelled you should be ok

but if they do get it

then you can reclaim via the DD guarantee scheme which is immediately

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...