Jump to content

  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • First of all welcome to the Forum. Do not worry about Drips+ -a dead sheep has more power so do not let them bother you and never contact them. It is a pity that you wrote to PE  which would be perfectly normal, except with crooks like PE  as you may have revealed you were the driver. You have lost the protection of POF A but it is not a fatal. Please do not even think of paying a penny. The amount may go higher in the short term but when the poor dears do not hear from you they get worried ( because they think to won't pay) do they start sending begging letters and reduce the amount owed.I One of the Site Team will be along shortly and give you a template to fill in which helps us to give you the best advice should they not give up. Just complete the form and post up photos of the signs at the entrance to the hotel and others around the car park and the terms on their ticket machine if there is one.
    • HI   You took possession of the Property in 2010 but when did you end the Tenancy Agreement?   Did you give them the required Notice to end your Tenancy?   You mention you paid a Deposit in 2010, was this returned when you ended the Tenancy?   You need to know exactly what they are claiming money owed is for and surprised that solicitors letter does not mention this.   Send the Landlord a Subject Access Request (SAR) asking for 'ALL DATA'  (ensure to send a copy to the Solicitor acting for them as well. 
    • yes only court...   can I confirm this was settled via Barclaycard and chargeback as it was a debit card, rather than section 75 via a creditcard?  
    • Hi   Sorry for the delay in getting back to you don't worry we have not forgot you.   So they have destroyed ALL DATA personal to you as you did not take the Property. (really they have put there foot in it)   If they hold no personal data then they have NO evidence of what was agreed to with your Holding Deposit and the refusal to return it.   Now if it was me I would let them drop themselves in it even further by responding to there SAR response.   Thank you for your SAR Response dated XX/XX/2019   Due to this response I require clarification of the following:   1. Have you followed the Data Protection Act 2018 & General Data Protection Regulations on Destroying My Personal Data?   2. If you have Destroyed All My Personal Data then what documentation do you hold that I have signed/agreed to the Holding Deposit being Non-Refundable and to provide copies of this documentation.   3. I require a copy of your Policy on Holding Deposits   Please bear in mind the above is what I would do.   I do think it is looking like you may have to go down the court route (make sure and have a good read of that link I previously gave you to the Tenants Fee Act).
    • HI   Firstly the parking in front of your drive, do you have a pavement with a Drop Kerb in front of your property to access your driveway, if so are they infringing on the Drop Kerb? (note your can ask the council to to paint a white line with lines at the end on the road in front of the drop kerb please note there may be a cost from the council to do so)   As for the CCTV look at this ICO link: https://ico.org.uk/your-data-matters/domestic-cctv-systems-guidance-for-people-using-cctv/   Due to the new DPA/GDPR if you have CCTV on your Property and it views outside of that Properties Bounderies they then need to register as a Data Controller with the ICO.   So I would make a Formal Complaint in writing to the Councils Data Controller, ICO (specifically asking if this individual is Registered with them as a Data Controller) & Police, you need to keep a good paper trail of this individuals actions.   I hope this individual knows the Law on Harassment as from your thread that is the impression I get is no matter what you do they will find something else to complaint about.  
  • Our picks

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 651 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts

Hi all,


Firstly, this is a great forum with very valuable content and discussion! I am a newbie but hope to add my input where i can in the near future!


I received a PCN from Brent Council a few days ago.

Images (attached) have been captured by a lanewatch CCTV camera

- that is actually not listed on their CCTV map (found on their website).

Perhaps it is not an 'approved' device?


They have 'apparently' captured my vehicle in a box junction,

but there are no clear pictures showing the number plate.

All of them are very blurry.


The last image in black is their only image which shows the number plate (i have scribbled over the letters)

but it is completely black and still does not show the vehicle in the box junction.

It looks like it may have been taken by another camera, but I cannot be 100% sure.


I have requested the video evidence, but I keep getting error messages online.


I wanted to know if I even have any grounds for appeal?

Any advice is greatly appreciated!





Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

these are stills from CCTV so seeing the entire thing will determine how long you were stationary if you were.


TfL and London councils have a code that allows minor transgressions

so knowing the time between the frames will tell if you were stopped longer than they allow and if you werent that is reason to appeal.


The whole footage should be a continuous thread to show it was indeed the same vehicle even if 2 cameras were used.


Now, there are 2 white cars that could be the subject of this attention

so you will need to see the whole thing to determine from the vehicles travelling towards you whether it has been wrongly interpreted.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

I successfully appealed two of these junction box notices a couple of years ago on the basis that the cameras were not approved devices.

Request the certification and then cross check with the department for transport.

My council sent me a link to a website listing a camera approved, but when checked with dft it transpired that the only approved device they had was their control room.

Ticket cancelled.

Things might have changed, but this could be a solution.

Junction boxes are just another cash cow.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Moving traffic cameras dont need to be approved so you were very fortunate to get the PCN cancelled.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Things must have changed.

I remember quoting the rta and it said approved device

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

None of the Road Traffic acts cover moving traffic offences and never have done they are enforced using the London Local Authorities and Transport for London Act 2003. Approved devices are only required for parking offences enforced by camera.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...