First Utility

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2280 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I changed to these suppliers last March/April after going through U-Switch price comparison and what a nightmare that has proved to be.

Although Direct Debit amount was agreed, and in fact placed at a higher amount, I have yet to pay them one single penny.

I have e-mailed their "Customer Services" continually throughout 2012 to tell them that the DD is not set up, only to get responses that "I am paying by DD."

I have had no demands from them for money, no correspondence saying DD failed, they have just continued asking for meter readings.

I finally raised a compalint with them in December and was told that I was on variable DD and full amount would be taken.

On asking for copy of disputes procedure, I was sent a copy of their internal path for any complaints, with supervisors names, no mention of a higher independant authority.

Who is overseeing these companies? Who do I complain to?

Wish I had never heard of them, they are a joke/

Don\'t let the B**tards grind you down

ofgen i would assume

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

i think its gone on long enough

time for them to answer to someone that can bring them to course

sounds very unfair to me.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Oh well that was a waste of time, since I first raised complaint over 9 months ago Ombudsman will not get involved unless "Deadlock" is reached.

I wonder where these government departments earn their money, as there all pretty useless.

• 7 months later...

Raised it once again through Ombusman, the billing is OK, their fault regarding the DD farce, awarded £300 compensation, letter of apology and put on a 24 month debt repayment plan.

Now enquiring whether I can now move away, once Debt Repayment Plan set up, reply from Ombudsman will be interesting.

Ombudsman non commital, the points I asked for clarification were not in my original complaint.

1. Can I move once debt repayment set up.....Ombudsman:- Probably not, First Utility can retain you.

2. Will this affect my Credit reference File.......Ombudsman:- Do not know.

3. Does the "Code of Practice" apply i.e. can only back bill 12 months.....Ombudsman:- No answer.

I give up.

• 4 months later...

Well still going on, now heading for 2 years, still not paid them one round bean, FU have not complied with OFGEM's requirements.

Now hitting my head off a wall, e-mailed OFGEM 6 times, eventually phoned them, said they would forward my request to compliance department.

RESULT:- FU phone house "Ombudsman told us to phone" I was not in at the time, told to phone back after 3pm, 0ver 20 days and still waiting on the return call!!!

• 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Had enough aggro with First Utility and intend going on Small Claims track for the time, correspondence, e-mails and worry I have spent in dealing with this outfit.

I intend to issue a Subject Access Request on them, is it worded the same as the library one or are there tweeks for utility companies?

no that will do with the obv tweeks mind!

dx

and they

Thanks dx100uk for combining the threads, Energy Ombudsman is a joke, entering year 4 and still not paid them, apparently due them over £6K.

Still cannot set up DD and still arguing about loyalty bonus, must have e-mailed them 50+ times, phoned them (when you can get through) had 3 years of misery and will pay them off when I get correct bill. Will then proceed to Court to claim back time and worry this has caused me.

Have asked the question regarding back billing under the following conditions:-

• Failed to do anything about a query or fault you have raised regarding your account or meter and subsequently allowed a large debt to build up on your account;

• Failed to reassess a payment arrangement (eg. Direct Debit) within 15 months, or failed to reassess based on a reasonable estimate.

Let's see what FU come back with, answer could be in their initials!!!!

That's true Mike, but who carries the conditions through, cannot see FU doing it, even though they are part of the scheme.

UK energy have no complaints procedure, their advice is Ombudsman and Citizens Advice, both about as much use as an ashtray on a bike.

Have e-mailed relevant organizations, will wait on their reply.

Have asked the question regarding back billing under the following conditions:-

• Failed to do anything about a query or fault you have raised regarding your account or meter and subsequently allowed a large debt to build up on your account;

• Failed to reassess a payment arrangement (eg. Direct Debit) within 15 months, or failed to reassess based on a reasonable estimate.

Let's see what FU come back with, answer could be in their initials!!!!

Good luck with that one! I haven't been waiting for answers from them for as long as you seem to overall, but communication appears to be non-existent with them.

If you do go down the SAR route, I will give you a heads-up that I sent one to them end of last month and it took them over 3 weeks to cash the £10 cheque in. They're supposed to reply within 40 days and I guess since it's been over a week since then that it wasn't a case of them doing the work and then banking the cheque as the last thing. I would suggest making sure that you give as much information about you and your account to help them identify you at the first attempt and sending it recorded delivery - do not give them the excuse to delay things.

Any pearls of wisdom that I give on the CAG forums is based on previous experiences and knowledge I have gained from being on these forums.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well SAR signed for on 13th May and now being chased by HYDRON for the full amount.

Thinking of replying to tell them of problems that have been ongoing since 2012 with £2000. payment, this would be approx amount for last 12 months.

Will go small claims route if I pay them off i.e. the full £6404.00.

Any thoughts???

prob says our client first utility?

dx

and they

as are all dca's.

the point is, they don't own the debt

only the owner of debt 'could' actually 'do' anything

hence the client question.....

and they

Sorry DX did not understand your reply.

HYDRON letter starts :- Your supplier First Utility have asked us to contact you......etc.

Have made payment of £2000. this morning direct to FU, still awaiting SAR response.

Also had letter from them dated 6 days ago, but sent recorded delivery, the backbilling code does not apply.

simple fact is they are a DCA

they have no powers

their client, as you say is FU.

ignore them

they are not bailiffs

no DCA ever will be

dx

and they

So HYDRON visited my home today, I was out at the time, left letter warning of Court warrant application, locksmiths, meter changers, etc., along with their costs.

No appointment was made by them and as I understand it that is totally against DCA guidelines, have sent them e-mail stating that.