Carer's Allowance & Income Support and Volunteering

number 1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2297 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello folks

I am on carer's allowance and income support

i volunteer just few hours a week sometimes not always

I would like to know if any benefits would be affected by my volunteering

i don't get paid as it is a charity shop

no expenses at all

i do more than the carers allowance hours you're suppose to

my few hours i put in over the days i volunteer shop is to catch up and talk to people i have got to know over the period i have been in there.

look forward to your responses

Merry Christmas to all when it comes and have a good New Year to:)

you then have to determine what is "work" and what is just being your social scene.

There are no limits to volunteering as long as you leave enough time to fulfil the other requirements for receiving your benefits.

I'm sure they would frown on a 50 hour week when you are claiming you attend to someone else 24 hours a day for example.

So, it is no-one elses business and with that in mind dont go round telling everyone

thanks for your response

yeah didn't think there was a limit on volunteering

i am not always volunteering if am in town

i will pop in and have a look and help out for a short or so

i fulfill my caring duties i do more hours than am suppose to.

As long as you fulfill the 35 hours care per week, you can volunteer as much as you like and as long as you are entitled to CA you will still be entitled to IS as a carer.

Might be worth letting the DWP know though in case you get any busy bodies at a later date who may report you to fraud just because they can.

As long as you fulfill the 35 hours care per week, you can volunteer as much as you like and as long as you are entitled to CA you will still be entitled to IS as a carer.

Might be worth letting the DWP know though in case you get any busy bodies at a later date who may report you to fraud just because they can.

thanks for your response

thanks for the info.

when i was on jsa few days or weeks or so before i went on to IS they had forms of days i would possibly do and it is the same shop that i a go to when i can.

they knew that i don't get any expenses for anything there so all free

i was wondering if you do inform them what you do then that would go down as your looking for work surely and you would end up on the work related group on IS i may be wrong though.

i don't volunteer all times just when i have time to fit around caring duties.

thanks for your response

thanks for the info.

when i was on jsa few days or weeks or so before i went on to IS they had forms of days i would possibly do and it is the same shop that i a go to when i can.

they knew that i don't get any expenses for anything there so all free

i was wondering if you do inform them what you do then that would go down as your looking for work surely and you would end up on the work related group on IS i may be wrong though.

i don't volunteer all times just when i have time to fit around caring duties.

There is no work group with IS, you are not expected to look for work especially if you get it as a carer.

There is no work group with IS, you are not expected to look for work especially if you get it as a carer.

thanks

i may be wrong then fought i heard there was a similar way to the way JSA was look for work.

they use to ask about wanting to work but was up to you and if you did want to then they would get you in to work related stuff and you would now have to look for work and may be wrong here but was told if you agree to do work related on IS with carers you couldn't go back to not looking for work is this true.?

• 3 weeks later...

Quick Update

I got info for JCP the other day you can volunteer while on Carers Allowance & Income Support basically as long as it is for not for profit origination you can inform them if you like to put on your record that you are but that is up to you.

So for anyone maybe looking for this info hope it can help.