Park with Ease - Brockholes, Preston

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2313 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello there.

Parking companies do seem to be trying it on with old cases at the moment, but I don't recall anyone here having to pay. Please wait for the more knowledgeable people, but my understanding is that unless it's a solicitor's letter or a court claim form, you don't have much to worry about.

The letter was actually from PWE and not a debt collector, was it?

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

They claim on their website that they are an ethical company-yet they are members of IPC which says it all..............

Their ANPR system appears to go awry at times and they charge motorists even when they have paid the correct amount. Have you kept any of their old correspondence?

They have up to six years before the alleged amount becomes statute barred and your car having been scrapped is not a legal defence.

No, I have not kept any of the correspondance from 3 years ago. I can't remember if the Notice to Keeper was served on time.

I must have admitted to having been the driver as it was a company vehicle.

Is "ignoring" still the best course of action?

they have lost every defended claim from there,

the signage was rubbish,

the land not under their control for the most part

I would suggest that this is just an attempt to bully you into paying up because they know that you dont have the paperwork.

The bad news is they have 6 years from the date of the event to issue a court claim BUT they also have the problem that they have to prove their case and as you have presumably ignored them totally they wont have any evidence of who was driving at the time and you wont be expected to remember after 6 months anyway.

So, no keeper liability,

no driver and

no right to make a claim

( as far as I remember)

That wont serve them well in court

but wont stop them trying to coerce you into paying by starting a court action.

On the plus side if they use Gladstones they will have their case destroyed by their own solicitors incompetence

Hi,

There are plenty of threads regarding this car park and what I have assumed from the other threads is that this car park is one where each car is photographed on entry/exit and the machines require the input of the full correct car registration number which is checked each day against the entry/exit data.

Where it appears that they have proof of entry/exit but no record of the exact number plate, they send out the NTK.

If they do issue court papers (7 times so far this year) you will need to see the data from that day to ensure that an incorrect reg number was used.

After this length of time, remembering whether you paid is not easy to remember and it is likely that the signage on site has changed too.

Members of the IPC are very loosely regulated and generally very bullish with these cases but when pushed, they tend to screw up in some way.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE