SWT-caught using husband season ticket

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2258 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

There’s nothing to add or hide. Snap silly decision in the morning trying to save 15 mins..i didnt tell him why i took someone else ticket as he didn’t ask me but just said it is his ticket and i used it in the morning and intended to use it again

So, why are you worried about what is in the RPO/RPI’s notes?

I should not. But i do think of that moment all the time and wondering why i did it etc. Doesn’t make any difference now anyway

Will they compare the note from the inspector with my story?

I didn’t tell him anything but only facts, ie it is my husband ticket and i used it in the morning and intended to use in the evening by entering the platform using the ticket. I knew i did wrong and didn’t see the point of telling him excuses. I didn’t see what the inspector wrote

Yes, the inspector's account will be assessed against your account.

If as you say you admitted having used your husband's season ticket in the morning and did intend to use it again that evening at the time you were questioned, the allegation and your admission will match, because the notes will reflect both what you did and what you said

I suggest this has parallel with the occasion of delivering a verdict at the Appeal Court when Lord Denning once said 'a man will be judged on his words and actions'.

The description that you have given suggests sufficient evidence for a prosecutor to consider two charges, both offences contrary to Section 5(3)(a) of the Regulation of Railways Act [1889].

Talk of using the National Railway Byelaws in this case is largely irrelevant

That said,

i) Did travel without having previously paid her fare and did use a season ticket issued for the sole use of another identified person with intent to avoid her fare

ii) Did attempt to travel without having previously paid her fare and did attempt to use a season ticket issued for the sole use of another identified person with intent to avoid her fare

In practice, they may decide only to raise one Summons

As Ford says, try not to worry at present, wait and see what the letter you receive says and respond truthfully, but when replying, do not expand beyond the facts alleged in that letter

These letters can take several weeks to arrive at times as all TOCs prosecutors offices are very busy.

For now, enjoy Christmas and try to put this out of mind until you need to respond to correspondence.

• 5 weeks later...

Hello all,

An update:

i received a letter from south western railway.

They decided that on this occasion to deal with this matrer by reminding you of the following.

It is an offence to board a train without a full and valid ticket appropriate for your journey.

X

I am relieved of course!

But they ask the season ticket holder to contact the fraud investigation and duplicate office.

My husband actually renew his season ticket as the old one was expired at the end of dec 2017. He just bought a new one rather than renewing the ticket as he didn't want getting a discount; apparently 5% off (£200+) and 10 free travel days would cause an extra issue.

Why would they want him to contact him and what shall he say?

Thank you

no its not that

it will be about returning his pass

but as its expired

I wouldn't worry about it.

glad you got it sorted

well done CAG..

a small donation will keep us here.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

oh dear. I was expecting to write a letter admitting my fault.

Should he do the same something like i would keep my ticket probably etc?

no, you don't have to write/do anything now.

as dx, prob nothing for ticket holder to do now.

don't worry.

:)