ARC & Bannatynes demanding monies

Sparky6669
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2249 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

still fdoesnt stop you reading like threads in this forum.

not a lot you can do to screw up anyway,

none of these player have any legal powers whatsoever...

but then if you read threads you'd already know that......

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Sparky,

DX is so right !!

Reading the experiences of others here will put your issue into context - you'll see you are just of 1,000's of folk being harassed by a gym admin Co.

Lots of threats but they are simply NOT followed up by action !

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!!

At what point do I write to them again or seek further advise?

They have resent me the same email from November, advising that the document I provided for relocation is not significant enough and my account is placed on hold for 14 days while I pay the discounted amount or get a different document for proof of relocation.

How unprofessional emailing the exact same email 2 months later!!

Thank you

Hi Sparky,

Hi!!

At what point do I write to them again or seek further advise?

How unprofessional emailing the exact same email 2 months later!!

Looks like you've still not taken the time to read up on Harlands/CRS and how to deal with them !

But at least you've described them perfectly - unprofessional :lol:

You don't need to write to them again but you DO need to read other threads for advice and reassurance.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

And I do hope you're embarrassing them on social media too?

Ignoring them is your only real option now, and lodge a formal complaint to the CMA about the gym's ineptitude, and harassment.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

you block their emails and bounce them back too.

[ps nice to see you have finally read a other few threads this morning since your post!!]

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

Today I have came home and received a letter from Major Law Solicitors on behalf of ARC on behalf of Bannatynes.

“Instructing me they have been sent to recover debt which is still outstanding.

Unless we hear from you within 14 days we will seek clients instructions regarding issuing a county court claim against you in Northampton County Court for the recovery.

The following costs will be added upon issue:

Debt balance £255.23

Court fee £25

Solicitors costs £50

Annual interest: £20.42

Now gone up to £350

What do I do now and who do I go back to?

Thank you

you go back to no-one...

read the letter properly

it doesn't say will anything...

seek clients instructions

its a third party , who's clients are a DCA - the 2nd party

a dca CANNOT TAKE YOU TO COURT

they don't OWN the debt..

only the owner - the 1st party can take you to court

and they'll not even know this letter has been sent

and they

Incredible, they're still exploiting debtors lack of knowledge by using numerous outfits to give the impression this is being escalated.

I hope you've complained to the CMA regarding this?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi Sparky,

This is interesting as we've not seen Major Law Sol'rs used for many months.

I thought they'd given up on these gym cases because no one here on CAG ever took their threats seriously.

In any event, you can safely ignore them for now.

Or, if you want to tell them where to get off, let us know and I'll find a suitable draft that should see them scuttling off quickly.

Edited by slick132
Realised is an ARC case

If you want to reply, see the post here - https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?468338-David-Lloyd-and-ARC-Europe-demands&p=4944537&viewfull=1#post4944537

Adapt it to reflect your own case but you need say nothing more than in my draft.

I don’t understand how they can send it to a “solicitors”

when:

1: they never advised when I had to technically pay by before they took it this far

2: I told them back in November to look at the phone records when I spoke to the member of staff on the 10th may who said the fees would be waived

- they told me to pay £10 to access these calls as it’s by law apparently,

I have a recording of bannatynes saying they don’t have phone recordings in the branches.

I’m dreading this as like everyone out there can’t financially afford to pay this or go to court as I’m just lookin to get my first house and don’t want this on my back for the next 2 years with more added stress.

Their nothing but bullies and I can see why people give in and pay it.

Having read a lot of stuff online they have said they have ignored it

but you know when there’s that part inside you that’s thinking do you ignore it or not lol.

I’m taking it to CMA next week.

They always contact on weekends which puts you in the most rubbish mood!!! Grrrrrr!!! LOL

Thank you for your help

Do you think it’s worth going back to Bannatynes and asking them for evidence of the contract which I signed - pretty sure my signature didn’t actually go on the contract though!!

I suggest you go back and read post 35.

and i'm not sure where you are reading

but read on CAG not elsewhere!

No gym has done court since they lost badly in 2012.

just because someone puts a fake/tame solicitors letterhead in the same printer the rest of the rubbish came from means nothing....

and they

Hi Sparky,

You really are taking this far too seriously. The chances of this ever going to court a miniscule because the gym admin bullies know they have a poor legal basis to make any claim.

Of the 100's of cases i've dealt with here in the past 2 years, I can think of just 1 or 2 when a CAGger has actually paid a penny more to ARC or to Harlands/CRS.

We tell them to ignore and that's what they do, because nothing is done further.

Don't bother asking Bannatynes for the "evidence" you refer to but DO use social media (Facebook and Twitter) to tell folk how Bannatynes are happy to use bullies to pester and harass their members.

Court action may be the easiest way to stop the harassment - you take ARC to court. Cheap and easy !

But, regardless, stop worrying about the threats - it's all hot Air !