UKPC windscreen pcn even though permit displayed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2203 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I recently found a PCN attached to my windscreen from UKPC even though I was displaying a permit.

The PCN stated that I was not displaying a valid permit,

although the out of focus pictures taken by them,

and displayed on their site,

show the permit on my dashboard.

I have appealed the PCN and asked that they stop harassing me,

as this is the second time I have had a ticket whilst displaying a permit.

What I find frustrating is that rather than cancel the first PCN,

they simply waited 2 months for it to expire,

and my guess is this one will probably go the same way.

As this means I have to not only waste my time appealing these PCN's

but also have to wait 2 months for a resolution,

is there any way I can force them to issue a cancellation in a timely manner and to stop this happening repeatedly?

As it stands,this series of events could go on infinitely and I have far better things to do with my time.

This company has a particularly nasty reputation anyway.

You say that you want to bring things to head. If that is right then the best thing to do would be to sit tight, do nothing and wait till they issue the claim against you. Then go to court over it putting a small counterclaim in for your costs incurred and getting a judgement. Although you probably wouldn't pick up the costs element, you would get the judgement and that would be helpful to wave around.

If you had some kind of judgement against them then I think that you could usefully complain to their "controlling body" – probably the BPA and also make a direct complaint to DVLC that they have been releasing your personal data to this company that has obtained it improperly.

You can also make a complaint to the ICO. However I don't think these complaints would attract any interest unless you had a judgement.

The way to attack these people is to use the only language they know – and that is a court action. Let them begin it and it becomes easy for you. We'll be pleased to help

is this where you live [block of flats or whatever]?

if so you have supremacy of contract over any stupid contract they have about parking.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

This company has a particularly nasty reputation anyway.

You say that you want to bring things to head. If that is right then the best thing to do would be to sit tight, do nothing and wait till they issue the claim against you. Then go to court over it putting a small counterclaim in for your costs incurred and getting a judgement. Although you probably wouldn't pick up the costs element, you would get the judgement and that would be helpful to wave around.

If you had some kind of judgement against them then I think that you could usefully complain to their "controlling body" – probably the BPA and also make a direct complaint to DVLC that they have been releasing your personal data to this company that has obtained it improperly.

You can also make a complaint to the ICO. However I don't think these complaints would attract any interest unless you had a judgement.

The way to attack these people is to use the only language they know – and that is a court action. Let them begin it and it becomes easy for you. We'll be pleased to help

Let's see if this happens again,I would love to haul them before the courts.

UKPC have just lost a claim against someone in a similar situation to you and the defendant didnt have to touch upon their evidenec because the judge pulled them to shreds over their procedural matters and bare faced lies about how they had acted within the codes of practice for the industry when they hadnt.

UKPC tned to have a lot of residential parking contracts because no-one else will touch them when they have problems with superiority of contract via the lease agreements.

UKPC dont seem to learn from their mistakes, probably because they make enough money out of they mugs who pay up for no legal reason.

One wonders why they fight it out in the courts though rather than just drop the matter when they get challenged.

I suppose that if they pull the woo over one judges eyes then they can use that as a persuasive argument for all other claims for the same site and try and force a change in the law by deception.

next time you get a ticket DONT appeal it, just wait and see whet they do.

they are greedy and incompetent so will make massive errors along the way.

If you have a few thousand quid sitting about you can sue them for harassment and get an injunction to prevent them going anywhere near your vehicle and you will be awarded costs and damages. It has heppened before and reported here in one thread about 3 years ago.

The other thing to consider is rporting them to trading standards for fraud if the circumstances are exactly the same.

They have been taken to court twice for exactly the same thing previously

If you have a few thousand quid sitting about you can sue them for harassment and get an injunction to prevent them goi9ng anywhere near your vehicle and you will be awarded costs and damages. It has heppened before and reported here in one thread about 3 years ago.

Do you have a link to the thread?

no, you will have to do a bit of digging. Consider it your homework

Start with "Davey v UKPC" and go from there.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

Start with "Davey v UKPC" and go from there.

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?377246-UKPC-liable-for-trespass-**SUCCESS**

Thanks for that.

I am guessing that my case will be different as it is a business premises that I have a permit to park at.

This is not a mentioned in the lease and UKPC are contracted to manage the parking for the site.

it is not about parking, it is about the law.

get your head around this and it all becomes easier.

you have a licence to be there, they cant change that by their contract (or supposed contract)

As far as the law goes it could be a neighbour dispute or a timeshare salesman, wont change what law applies.

Now post up what they have sent you so we can see where they have gone wrong.

Seeing their signage at the site will help us enormously as well.

UKPC are greedy crooks so being polite wont help you,

I suggest that you get all your ammunition gathered up and send them one very strong letter at the appropriate time but until then do not correspond with them or their muppet dca's.

Keep us informed as to what you have received,

this goes on for about 6 months before it gets to the stage where you are best reacting to them

matters not - they are all business premises anyway else they'd be no contract for UKPC to manage

read upload and scan to PDF please the letters

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

it is not about parking, it is about the law.

get your head around this and it all becomes easier.

you have a licence to be there, they cant change that by their contract (or supposed contract)

As far as the law goes it could be a neighbour dispute or a timeshare salesman, wont change what law applies.

Now post up what they have sent you so we can see where they have gone wrong.

Seeing their signage at the site will help us enormously as well.

UKPC are greedy crooks so being polite wont help you,

I suggest that you get all your ammunition gathered up and send them one very strong letter at the appropriate time but until then do not correspond with them or their muppet dca's.

Keep us informed as to what you have received,

this goes on for about 6 months before it gets to the stage where you are best reacting to them

I have had no letters,just a PCN attached to the windscreen.

what date is on the PCN?

and they

ah I see why you are asking certain questions now.

you need to complete this

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?462118-Have-you-received-a-Parking-Ticket-(1-Viewing)-nbsp

you need to await the NTK 29-56 days

and they

ah I see why you are asking certain questions now.

you need to complete this

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?462118-Have-you-received-a-Parking-Ticket-(1-Viewing)-nbsp

you need to await the NTK 29-56 days

If you read my post at the start of this thread,I doubt I will be receiving a NTK.

if they dont cancel they will be writing to demand the money.

Although the protocols at the beginning will be different I must say that there is no expiry time if they dont rely on the POFA

so it looks like they are just doing nothing rather than admitting their operative is trying to earn his bonus by improper ticketing.

You wait to see what they do,

no more appealing any new tickets,

let them hang themselves and then go after them once you have enough to successfully clobber them

they wont be admitting they were wrong though, they will just go quiet.

If I was a cynic I would say that they may try and resurrect this again in a couple of years time and hope tht you have binned yur paperwork.

Get pictures of their signs and file everything away just in case.

• 1 month later...

this morning a second letter arrived ignoring my appeal and demanding £100.

The demand is addressed to my wife as the vehicle is hers and

I have given them no information about who the driver was.

I am happy to take this further but can I do it without involving the registered keeper (my wife)?

just ignore the letters

until/if you get a letter of claim

and they

I am happy to take this further but can I do it without involving the registered keeper (my wife)?

The only way to get your wife out of the equation would be to name the driver. That course of action would not be recommended! :!:

When the PPC don't know who the driver was, at every step of the way there are hurdles that they have to clear. Each of them gives them chances to get it wrong (and you want them to get it wrong). Removing those hurdles gives them a clear shot as they'll know exactly who to take action against.

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

they have failed to follow the protocols of the POFA and have ignored your letter that effectivy moves the liability to you so they are onto a loser if they do try their luck at court but that wont persuade your wife that ignoring them is the best tactic for the moment.

As DF says, you can shoulder the burden by taking the matter on and state clearly that you were the driver but I would hold fire on that for a good while yet and let them waste their time and money barking up the wrong tree.

So, for the moment do nothing, reassure your wife that this is not a disaster in the making and see what they say next. i suspect it will be another letter followed by some letters from a dca and they have no powers to do anything or say anything worth listening to .

Ultimately even paying them wont make them go away as they have no right to ask for money in the first place

Edited by honeybee13
Paras