CCJ Issued wrong identity wrong address

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2322 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there, hope someone out there can help.

About 6 months ago I received a letter at my current address, which is a property I have owned and lived in for 2 and a half years, chasing payment for a parking ticket for a car that I do not own.

The car is and was owned by my brother who lived with me briefly at my old property, which I sold 2.5 years ago.

I contacted the company and explained that the car was not mine and explained the situation. My brother and I have the same initial and surname.

Today, I checked my credit file and saw that a CCJ has been issued to me for £275 in respect to the ticket.

I did not receive any correspondence at all in relation to the court action, and see that it was issued in my old address which I have not lived at since I sold it in 2015.

I contacted the court and it was for a parking ticket issued in late 2016 for a car that I do not own and never have.

I did not keep the correspondence I received a few months ago so do not have the details of the company that contacted me previously but this action has been taken by Gladstones.

As the CCJ was issued less than 1 month ago I have paid it so it gets removed but can anyone point me in the right direction with regards to getting this money back and bringing Gladstones to account for their error?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

moved to the private parking forum

you need to ring northants bulk

ask for a copy of the claimform AND the CCJ by email PDF

then start the process of set aside using the N244

you should be able to claim the FEE [£255} and the cost of the CCJ back in court if the set aside is successful

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

you havent removed the CCJ,

you have just satisfied it and that is the same as acknowledging the debt was yours as far as the rest of the world can see.

You will need to apply for a set aside and explain that you were unaware of the correct procedure.

It will cost you but you will get that money back from Gladdys clients.

the alternative is to get the courts service to put the ccj on your brothers files instead of yours and then bitch like hell about this as the address would have been correct along with the most of the name.

You will need to see what the original claim said as far as the person it was served on,

if Gladdys have used your name they are in trouble

but if they have used the correct forename as per the keeper details of the car

then the court has applied the CCJ incorrectlly and they should amend the records without delay.

This will cost you nowt as long as you supply the correct information