• Tweets

• are all of these debt owners or were the original creditors aware of your current correct address??   bottom line ..have you moved since taking them out??  
    • AFIAK....there is no such thing as the 6+3yrs rule...………..   the 3yrs only runs from when you reasonably became aware...   now if the creditor wrote to you at the correct address..then so be it... if they didn't then the 3yrs has never started..?????    
    • Hello No need to apolgise, thanks for taking the time to help. So from the above do you think I should go back to them now with that information or just go direct to the FOS?
    • Hi Egawe and welcome to CAG   Firstly, can you please confirm the amount of the suggested admin fee as £12 is lower than previously and normally charged by Harlands/CRS.   Send the letter to Harlands offering to pay the missed fee but no more. As DX says, post the letter.   If they fail to accept the offer, cancel the DD mandate via your bank. And if they use the DD mandate to take any amount in excess of the monthly fees, you can reclaim this using the DD Guarantee Scheme.      
    • Hi All,   I hope I'm posting in the right place.     I have about £40k in unpaid debts (cards, loans etc).   They are pretty much all over £5k and nearing the 6 year since default time frame...   The first is into the final 12 months now... Capquest... £11k, they own the debt.   Ive been expecting collection efforts to step up as the SB line approaches with them all.     The situation is that I could pay these but call me morally bankrupt... Id rather eat you know what at this stage.   If any of the so called creditors look into me they'll see that I'm worth chasing.     Having nearly got to the 6 year since default period I won't allow a judgement to show for another 6 years.   How likely are they to try and get one?     With debts over £5k is small claims not an option for them and will it cost them more to take this to court?     My question is this....... They are offering obviously settlements for less.   Capquest 40% of £11K... Id hate to ignore all this and end up having to pay the full amount as they take it to court.... How likely are they to do this?     If they do will they still take a settlement when proceedings have commenced? (Hence nothing to lose by waiting).   Companies in question are: Intrum Uk Ltd Cabot Credit Management Group Ltd Aarrow Global Ltd    I just notice as I type that Capquest are not noted on my credit file and must be part of Arrow Global.... They have also made subtle threat on their latest letter with the wording "Our additional enquiries have indicated that you are a homeowner at the above address."   Most of the defaults were around 2014 for agreements taken out 2008 -20012.   Original creditors... Halifax, Tesco, Virgin Money.     In Northern Ireland so PAP doesn't apply I think.   Any advice appreciated. Regards Diedebtsdie              
  • Our picks

• Future Comms issues. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/416504-future-comms-issues/
      • 3 replies
    • This is a bit of a lengthy one but I’ll summerise best as possible.

THIS IS HOW THE PHONECALL WENT 

I was contacted by future comms by phone, they stated that they could beat any phone contract I have , (I am a limited company but just myself that needs a business phone and I am the only worker) 
      I told future comms my deal, £110 per month with a phone and a virtual landline, they confirmed that they could beat that, £90 per month with a phone , virtual landline  they also confirmed they would pay Vodafone (previous provider) the termination fee. As I am in business, naturally I was open to making a deal. So we proceeded. 
      Future comms then revealed that the contract would be with PLAN.COM and the airtime would be provided by 02, I instantly told them that this would break the deal as I have poor 02 signal in the house where I live as my partner is on 02 and constantly complaining about bad signal
      the salesman assured me he would send a signal booster box out with the phone so I would have perfect signal.
      so far so good.....
      i then explained this is the only mobile phone I use for business and pleasure, so therefore I didn’t want any disconnection time in the slightest between the switchover from Vodafone to 02
      the salesman then confirmed that the existing phone would only be disconnected once the new phone was switched on.
      so far so good....
      • 14 replies
    • A shocking story of domestic and economic abuse compounded by @BarclaysUKHelp ‏ bank complicity – coming soon @A_Gentle_Woman. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/415737-a-shocking-story-of-domestic-and-economic-abuse-compounded-by-barclaysukhelp-%E2%80%8F-bank-complicity-%E2%80%93-coming-soon-a_gentle_woman/
      • 0 replies
    • The FSA has announced large fines against DB UK Bank Limited (trading as DB Mortgages) - DeutscheBank and also against Redstone for their unfair treatment of their customers.
      Please see the links below for summaries and full details from the FSA website.
      It is now completely clear that any arrears charges which exceed actual administrative costs are unfair and therefore unlawful.
      Furthemore, irresponsible lending practices are also unfair and unlawful.
      Additionally there are other unfair practices including unarranged counsellor visits - even if they have been attempted.
      You are entitled to refuse counsellor visits and not incur any charges.
      Any charges for counsellor visits must not seek to make profits. The cost of the visits must be passed on to you at cost price.
      We are hearing stories of people being charged for counsellor visits for which there is no evidence that they were even attempted.
      It is clear that some mortgage lenders are trying to cheat you out of your money.
      You should ascertain how much has been taken from you and claim it back. The chances of winning are better than 90%. It is highly likely that the lender will attempt to avoid court action and offer you back your money.
      However, you should ensure that you receive a proper rate of interest and this means that you should be seeking at least restitutionary damages - which would be much higher than the statutory 8%.
      Furthermore, you should assess whether the paying of demands for unlawful excessive charges has also out you further into arrears and if this has caused you further penalties in terms of extra interest or any other prejudice. This should be claimed as well.
      If excessive unlawful charges have resulted in your credit file being affected, then you should take this into account also when working out exactly what you want by way of remedy from the lender.
      You should consult others on these forums when considering any offer.
      You must not make any complaint through the Ombudsman. your time will be wasted, you will wait up to 2 yrs and there will be a minimal 8% award of interest and no account will be taken of any other damage you have suffered.
      You must make your complaint through the County Court for a rapid and effective remedy.

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Library/Communication/PR/2010/120.shtml
      http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/final/redstone.pdf
      http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/final/db_uk.pdf

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/consumerinformation/firmnews/2011/db_mortgages.shtml
      Do you have a mortage arears claim to make? Then post your story on the forum here
      • 0 replies
blueda

Chess Ltd and True Telecom

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 281 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

ericsbrother, When you say deduct the line rental, do you mean going back to start of contract with True Telecom or when Chess took over or the final bill from Chess ?.

from the final amount they are claiming for ending the contract early.

they are charging you for ther lost business up to a certain point in the future and you are telling them that they dont have to pay BT for the line as that has been taken from them by BT so it isnt a cost they have or will pay out.

If you retunred your car to a dealership you wouldnt expect them to tell you that you must continue to tax and insure it until next year would you?

Thanks ericsbrother,

I will write to Chess and put that to them,

as i am paying rental now to Talk Talk who like Chess pay BT line rental,

Between the line rental deduction and unauthorised extras i have paid the final payment should be substantially reduced.

Hi Folks,

I have been busy and did not send the letter to Chess as i had not heard from them since january

, now they have sent me another demand

i have written the letter tonight as follows

Dear Sir/ Madam

I left Chess months ago due to rampant price increases which were much higher than BT were charging me.

I am providing a list of unauthorised charges you have been taking from me and that i am looking for a refund on

Care level

Fraud monitor

Line assurence

Voicemail

Also line rental since i left Chess

Edited by dx100uk
Spacing

so did you stop the d/d or have you been paying them blindly ever since your first complaint? if not why not?

Sitting on your backside for 6 months doesnt impress us, the more proactive you are the easier it is to kill these things.

When are you going to do somehting to help yourself is the big question. You run your own business so I cant accept that you are ignorant of what that entails, it is your job to know.

I stopped the direct debit right away as soon as the new supplier took over,

Chess for a time were sending online requests for payment every month and then they stopped after january ,

I was hoping that they gave up and left alone.

The letter is now posted 1st class proof of posting, I am also going to call Chess to let them know that the letter is on its way.

I have called Chess and spoken to the person who will probably read the letter, so she knows what the letter is about and that it is on its way.

The Chess invoice is for early termination of contract.

I explained why i left Chess.

When you receive their usual response.....here is your response.

Should the alleged amount claimed include an early termination charge(s) amounting to the entire balance of the remaining contract. OFCOM guidance states that any Early Termination Charge that is made up of the entire balance if the remaining contract is unlikely to be fair as it fails to take into account the fact that the provider no longer has to provide and pay for their service.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks Andyorch I will use that to respond to the letter from Chess when it arrives.

I have received

an an email from Chess which totally ignores the phone call i made and the letter that i sent which says pay up or legal action to follow.

Pers i think its time to now ignore and bounce their emails?

Be the email doesn't say will anything

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

Hi dx, what do you mean bounce their emails ?

Dont accept then

Block the address

Bounce emails back

Use a search engine!

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Thanks dx,

The email is as follows

Pre Legal warning

Outstanding balance £500 plus

Please note your account has now been escalated to the Pre Legal department in respect of the unpaid balance to Chess Ltd which is now seriously overdue

you should contact 0844 or email prelegal to make payment or to confirm your intention with regards to this matter

The account will remain with the pre legal department for 10 days from today.

If the account is still unresolved it will automatically be referred to our Solicitors at which point it will enter a legal process incurring additional charges in accordance with the late payment of commercial Debts ( interest act 1998 )

Chess shares payment information with credit reference Agencies , failure to settle the balance will have detrimental to your credit score and rating.

Another option is to bring the services back to Chess in which case we can remove any termination fees levied.

I also earlier called Chess pre legal department and was told that they do have the letter that i sent in july regarding the unautharised extras and was told that Chess can off £85 off the balance, at which i said i have a much bigger financial issue with Chess and True telecom who sold the account to Chess and that is that i was paying way higher than to BT whom i left to go to True telecom.

:mad2:stop ringing these people...

bounce the emails

block the address

writing only

lets see where they go.

Thanks dx, I am going to send Chess a final email and tell them correspondence by letter only and that their emails will be blocked.

I have sent Chess a final email, I have stated that i will not be sending or receiving any further emails from them and that all correspondence to be in writing by postal service.

I have not so far heard anything from Chess since i emailed them stating that correspondence to be in writing through the post.

email was a free and easy way to try and fleece you out of money

now go back and look at their email addresses and block and bounce them from now on

Thanks dx , They can only reach me by writing to me now and if they do i will post on here for advice first.