VCS evicted from residental site - Broadway Salford Quays, Greater Man

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2333 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Residents had a parking scheme inflicted on them by managing agents VCS were contracted and issued tickets to residents like confetti

The managing Agents have capitulated and kicked VCS off the site and are cancelling all the tickets according to an article in the Daily Mail.

surely the Residents supremacy of contract would have prevailed?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5139189/Firm-fines-people-20-000-parking-spaces.html

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

usual heads at the mail

calling them fines

they never learn

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

DX you are correct the press don't learn, a cowboy outfit like VCS can't fine a cockroach let alone a driver or keeper. This illustrates that Residents who have an unwanted scheme inflicted on them by Managing Agents should band together and complain. In any event their supremacy of lease should ensure the PPC fails if they tried court.

The press encourages the Parking Parasites by referring to their invoices as "Fines"

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Frankly I prefer the use of the word "fines". I know it's inaccurate but it conveys a sense which I think is more oppressive, lacks legitimacy and is more likely to stir up public anger. Let's face it

Let's face it, the sums which ordinary people are being obliged to pay is completely disproportionate and so it's very difficult to see it as a kind of contractual damages. In law it may not be a fine – but in every other way that's what it is.

I think you would all be better off calling a spade a spade

What wasn't mentioned in the article OR the comments beneath. The residents had a parking space allocated to them via their tenancy agreements. The management would have had to change the contracts to force people to put permits in their cars.

This has been seen on many occasions when a court case has been thrown out due to supremacy of contract.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Frankly I prefer the use of the word "fines". I know it's inaccurate but it conveys a sense which I think is more oppressive, lacks legitimacy and is more likely to stir up public anger. Let's face it

Let's face it, the sums which ordinary people are being obliged to pay is completely disproportionate and so it's very difficult to see it as a kind of contractual damages. In law it may not be a fine – but in every other way that's what it is.

I think you would all be better off calling a spade a spade

Bankfodder I understand your viewpoint and that many of our posters also look upon these often specious parking charges as fines. However, as you say they are not fines in Law. The definition of "Fine" in Law is-

1. A sum of money, which, by judgment of a competent jurisdiction, is required to be paid for the punishment of an offence. This is a pecuniary punishment imposed by court, upon a person convicted of crime or misdemeanor.

As you know with these speculative invoices they are often pieces of paper sent out to motorists where the parking company knows that they will never take to Court since they know they have already lost in other Court hearings. So some motorists/keepers are receiving demands for payment who have not even committed an offence .

To call these things fines therefore would be a travesty. Were we to refer to them as fines on the Forum it may lead to some members to think that they had some sort of legality instead of being something more akin to toilet paper.

Yes it can be a bit irritating sometimes when dx100 insists on always putting members right when they use the word but as a respected Forum I think it would be a backward step to refer to those charges as fines.

The alternative is to refer to them as good contractual consideration and this gives them legitimacy. This is what the parking companies would prefer.

Anyway, we generally quite easy on this forum and you can describe them in any way you want. I expect that I will continue to call them fines

I dont like the term fines but agree that you need something to show the lack of legitimacy and the unfairness of it

and that isnt conveyed in "disputed contratual obligation"

As hospital parking charges are often described as a tax on the ill

then the rest could be described as unicorn food tax.

People hate taxes and would appreciate the term when used in the context of the questionable tactics used to chisel the vehicle owners.